Reinhart Foodservice agrees to buy AG...

Reinhart Foodservice agrees to buy AGAR Supply Co. of Taunton

There are 5 comments on the Boston.com story from Sep 14, 2012, titled Reinhart Foodservice agrees to buy AGAR Supply Co. of Taunton. In it, Boston.com reports that:

AGAR Supply Co. , a Taunton-based company that boasts that it is the largest independent food-service supply distribution in New England, has agreed to be acquired by Reinhart Foodservice LLC of Illinois, Reinhart announced Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston.com.

David

New Bedford, MA

#1 Sep 15, 2012
This is bullshit. They said that theor not gonna change the pay rate to per piece into hourly but i dont see that cause reinhart are cheap bastards. I used to work for them and they only said that so employees from agar wont leave when they announced that they have bought agar supply.
truth

Roslindale, MA

#2 Sep 25, 2012
I guess they should have voted the union in when they had the chance. All of these concerns would have been non existent as a contact would be in place. Good luck fellas
mwf

Fall River, MA

#3 Apr 8, 2013
They voted in union
Disgruntled individual

Williamstown, VT

#4 May 20, 2013
Beware as Reinhart AGAR is no longer paying their sales reps commission payments. They are losing several of their top sales reps in the process. If you work for Reinhart AGAR find alternate employment. Either they are out of cash, or are in the process of finding a buyer, or who knows.
Manuel

Walpole, MA

#5 Jun 23, 2014
Can someone tell me if they will stay hourly ??? the union should not accept anything else nor should the employees. the pay should increase to 20 per hour and more Vacation time with added personal Days and Sick time. profit sharing 401K plan that is matched. this is a mega company that should its employees fairly..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gerald Bigeau (Oct '09) Jul '17 Just me 4
News Women march on Washington to counter Trump's me... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Dee Dee Dee 2
News Your View: Natural gas drives energy solutions ... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Solarman 1
Local gossip forums? (Nov '16) Nov '16 Peggy 1
News Massachusetts man founds political Pizza Party (Oct '16) Oct '16 Knock off purse s... 15
Child molester in town (Feb '14) Jul '16 Parent 5
The Process of Buying a Home: A Strategic Approach (Jun '16) Jun '16 mstrategis 1

Berkley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berkley Mortgages