Mark Frey

Bloomington, IN

#2 Dec 16, 2008
Menu and Food outstanding
Marcella Sanchez

Bloomington, IN

#3 Dec 16, 2008
The Chef is Gault Millau ratet
Gault Millau is most famous for its rating system, on a scale of 1 to 20. Restaurants below 10 points are almost never listed. The points are awarded strictly based on the quality of the food with any comments about service, price or the atmosphere of the restaurant given separately. Based on this rating, high ranking restaurants may display one to four toques. In common with the Guide Michelin, but unlike many other guides,Gault Millau does not accept payment for listing restaurants.
Have a good time there!
Carolyn Karem

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#4 Dec 19, 2008
My husband and I were there last night. We ordered four "small plates". The crostini du jour was toasted french bread slices with olive tapenade - very ordinary. Next was the Lamb Empanadas - 80% dough 20% non-descript "lamb" filling. We also had the calamari - blandly seasoned and overcooked or cooked earlier in evening. Lastly, we had the cheese balls with a tomato sauce on the side - tasteless, non-descript concoction. Decor is pretty, staff tries to please, but we were looking forward to something "different" and were very disappointed. This restaurant will not last.
Summit NJ

West Chester, PA

#5 Dec 22, 2008
Went there last weekend, thought the food was okay until I found a piece of glass in my artichokes, not good! They bought a round of drinks, but didn't think that was enough. They still need to figure a few things out, should be interesting to see how this place does.
Kurt Helwig GM Flying Fig

Centerport, NY

#6 Dec 29, 2008
Carolyn Karem wrote:
My husband and I were there last night. We ordered four "small plates". The crostini du jour was toasted french bread slices with olive tapenade - very ordinary. Next was the Lamb Empanadas - 80% dough 20% non-descript "lamb" filling. We also had the calamari - blandly seasoned and overcooked or cooked earlier in evening. Lastly, we had the cheese balls with a tomato sauce on the side - tasteless, non-descript concoction. Decor is pretty, staff tries to please, but we were looking forward to something "different" and were very disappointed. This restaurant will not last.
Carolyn,
My name is Kurt Helwig and I am the General Manager of the Flying Fig. I have read your comments and would like to invite you back for another meal with us. The Manchego cheese balls and the calamari happen to be 2 of our most popular items, we have had a few kinks in our opening week but I have complete confidence that when you return to our restaurant you will find all the food to be excellent. Please contact me directly at the restaurant or at [email protected] when you are ready to return, I will personally insure your next experience is wonderful.
Regards,
Kurt Helwig

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is plainfield nj mostly Hispanic Aug 14 Anonymous 1
Is this the best mailing list for Summit residents Jul 30 pitosalas 1
News Pagan's MC Member Sentenced to 28 Years (Dec '07) Jul 24 Wizardabt 790
Plainfield, need a little history around 1960 (Feb '08) Jul '16 Joh 148
New Meetup Group In NJ For Mormons! Jul '16 JAYB 1
News Gout And Liquor - The Dangers You Need To Know ... (Feb '16) Jun '16 Hamburg_Resd 4
Tutor Available (Feb '16) Feb '16 thrbuddhas 1

Berkeley Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berkeley Heights Mortgages