Berkeley Killing Arraignment Marked B...

Berkeley Killing Arraignment Marked By Tense Moments

There are 50 comments on the NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area story from May 16, 2008, titled Berkeley Killing Arraignment Marked By Tense Moments. In it, NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area reports that:

Tensions ran high as Nathaniel Freeman was arraigned on murder charges Friday in connection with the shooting death of Oakland Parks and Recreation employee Maceo Smith one block south of the University of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Berkeley Hood Rat

Jacksonville, FL

#43 Aug 9, 2010
Little did I konw that when I made my first post, one month later, Marcus would be gunned down too!As someone who knew him and his family, it breaks my heart! Marcus was a good young man and was not involved with any of the things that Maceo was. Their lives were two completely different stories.

I stand by my statement that Maceo was not a very good person and did not live a very good life. As a Christian, I can only pray that God has shown him some sort of mercy and he his not burning in hell for all of his sins, wrongs and the MURDERS he committed!

RIP Marcus Mosley Jr - Vengence is mines, said the Lord. I assure you that the one who took your life, he too shall stand before God one day and he too shall be judged.
Berkeley Parent

Richmond, CA

#44 Aug 11, 2010
Thank you for this insight, which puts it all in a different light. Its not true that only the good die young, but it sounds like Marcus was a good guy and I'm sorry this happened to him.
Nate Grapes

Reno, NV

#45 Oct 26, 2010
Free Nate!!
ImanB

Oakland, CA

#46 Feb 13, 2011
Does anyone know how much time Nate got ? Nate is a good kid, and those old losers shouldn't have even been involved with any youngsta's like that. I hope Nate get's out soon and can make a start to his adult life.
michael vitta

Redlands, CA

#47 Jul 14, 2011
honestly i feel bad for my dude he wasnt thinking. i was a punk 4 years ago homie just made a mistake. its a differnt generation now.get shot or be shot
Dedra Smith

Antioch, CA

#48 Oct 20, 2011
OAKLAND MAN wrote:
Maceo Smith, who was murdered in Berkeley on May 13, was arrested in 2005 with two other men for a Richmond double murder that was retaliation for an earlier Oakland murder, according to Berkeley Police Sergeant Mary Kusmiss.
The Richmond victims were "bombarded with gunfire," according to a July 22, 2005 San Francisco Chronicle article, which continued: "Arrested Thursday were Emando Roos, 26, of Hayward, and Maceo Smith, 30, and Dwayne Murphy, 24, both of Berkeley. Three other men are wanted in connection with the killings: Koffi Thomas, 30, of Hayward, and Joseph Carroll Jr., 18, and Jason Parrot, 32, both of Berkeley.
GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT
FACT : Maceo Smith was not convicted of murder EVER! So before you start trying to degrade my brother's memory get your facts straight! I knew my brother!
Dedra Smith

Antioch, CA

#49 Oct 20, 2011
Berkeley Hood Rat wrote:
Live by the sword, die by the sword. I knew Maceo very well. God bless his soul. I pray that he found the Lord before his death, but I doubt it. As someone who knew him, YES, he was a GANG banger, A PUNK, a drug dealer a woman abuser and a not so good father. Oh, but he did have a PART TIME job working with kids... whoopie doo! I don't have anything against him, but I feel he got what he deserved. Too bad his family had to pay for his foolishness. Nowhere was in mention that he had accused and held for some time in Richmond for a MURDER charge of another young black man. Word on the streets is that he did it, but they couldn't prove it. So they had to let him go. There were a few other murders too that he may have been involved in. Funny when people die, people say good things about them. But when Maceo was alive, few had good things to say about him.
As for Marcus Mosley...he is a good "kid". Not like Maceo at all.
You are very disrespectful! Please do not EVER speak on Mace again! Marcus was no angel! Who is?
Dedra Smith

Antioch, CA

#50 Oct 20, 2011
michael vitta wrote:
honestly i feel bad for my dude he wasnt thinking. i was a punk 4 years ago homie just made a mistake. its a differnt generation now.get shot or be shot
I feel bad for him too! He made the biggest mistake of his life which affected two different families... his an
d mine! I pray for him. I miss my brother so so so so so much and I am sure Nathaniel's parents miss him too! I am gonna have to disagree with the motto...get shot or be shot! That is just cowardice and stupidity speaking... sorry!
Dedra Smith

Antioch, CA

#51 Oct 20, 2011
Just want everyone to know that I don't have ill will towards Nathaniel Freeman or Marcus MosleThank you!y. Marcus was family simply cause that is what my brother called him! I don't want to hear any negatives about him! Respect his memory. MACEO SMITH is my brother and I am going to protect his memory. In saying that I would appreciate if people would keep negative remarks to themselves about him cause I knew firsthand what he was about... good or bad!
berkeyboy

Georgetown, CA

#53 Oct 9, 2014
Now that sounds more like the marcus i knew.piece of shit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) 2 hr Ronald 210
News Anarchist rampage in Berkeley renews free speec... 6 hr Team Kelly 76
News Boy Scouts suffer a setback in Supreme Court ov... (Oct '06) 11 hr RecoveringRacist 318
News Campus diversity suffers under race-blind policies (Apr '12) 14 hr RecoveringRacist 7
News UC Berkeley students threaten to sue over Ann C... (Apr '17) 15 hr RecoveringRacist 4
News A California city is launching the first US exp... Oct 19 Anti-Liberal 1
News Conservatives students at UC Berkeley face ever... Oct 14 LDavis 1

Berkeley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berkeley Mortgages