Doctor heads to court after online se...

Doctor heads to court after online sex sting

There are 17324 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Oct 13, 2006, titled Doctor heads to court after online sex sting. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

A prominent Piedmont doctor is scheduled to appear in court Nov. 2 to answer to felony charges stemming from his arrest in late August in Petaluma in a sting operation involving online sex crimes with children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#18066 May 9, 2014
LLDY wrote:
<quoted text> Wolin likely caused the Chernobyl disaster. That idiot could cause any disaster. So where was the bone marrow obtained for thousands of patients? Mr. Wolin is not a Dr. Truth, your story is very much untruth. Nice try Wolin.
And maybe, if we work at it, we can get Wolin charged with the Kennedy assassination.
The Truth Hawk

Norcross, GA

#18067 May 10, 2014
We're definitely witnessing a paradigm shift on this thread.
Carnac the Magnificent

Suffolk, VA

#18069 May 10, 2014
Hawk, check out this paradigm:

Dr. Maurice Wolin decided to have sex with underage girls. He stalked them on the internet. He was willing to have sex with them in their homes when the adults were expected to be away.

Dr. Maurice Wolin hit on two underage decoys, yes your read right, TWO underage decoys. He had a sexual chat with one of them and arranged to steal into someone else's house when the adults were supposed to be gone, so he could have sex with a 14 year old girl.

When Dr. Wolin was caught he had a tantrum and cried like an immature teenager.

Then he paid a lot of money to good lawyers trying to snake out of the problems of his own doing.

He was convicted of a felony, sentenced to a couple of months house arrest, three years probation, and registered sex offender for life.

MoWo agreed to have his medical license revoked.

MoWo's last publicly known statement was about how sorry he was he had been caught, how none of his troubles were within his control, and how a TV network was out to get him.

Since them the paradigm has not budged. Only MoWo's sock puppets allege some sort of status quo shattering change that never comes to pass.

A couple of women have posted about MoWo dating them after the sting. They are very credible, and put MoWo in the worst light. The accuracy of their posts is buttressed by the fact that their posts have been removed from Topix, which is due to action by an interested party, such as MoWo, who does not like to see his true nature exposed.

The last time the paradigm shifted for MoWo, convicted felon, pedophile, sexual predator, was when he saw the cameras.
The Truth Hawk

Norcross, GA

#18070 May 10, 2014
Thank you, Carnac, for your contribution. You've missed on several key points, but it was a good faith effort.

Recent rulings regarding Petty Officer Roisman and Dr Wolin changed much of our thinking about alleged criminal intent and abuse of power. We look forward to the July 1 deadline.

Multiple posters have also noted Mr Wolin was recognized as a Best Doctor in America for 2009 for his work in oncology, long after these incidents. Thread historian Psycho can perhaps dig these postings up, since they likely predate your participation on this thread.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#18071 May 10, 2014
The Truth Hawk wrote:
Thank you, Carnac, for your contribution. You've missed on several key points, but it was a good faith effort.
Recent rulings regarding Petty Officer Roisman and Dr Wolin changed much of our thinking about alleged criminal intent and abuse of power. We look forward to the July 1 deadline.
Multiple posters have also noted Mr Wolin was recognized as a Best Doctor in America for 2009 for his work in oncology, long after these incidents. Thread historian Psycho can perhaps dig these postings up, since they likely predate your participation on this thread.
Well then he is practiscing medicine without a license. Anyone can intervene to help in an emergency but having a sex predator intervene is not great when he would like to rape your child.
Carnac the Magnificent

Suffolk, VA

#18072 May 10, 2014
The Truth Hawk wrote:
Nope. I did not miss any points.

You are delusional about (1) the existence of any recent ruling regarding convicted felon Wolin,(2) any change in normal people's despise of pedophiles,(3) any recognition as Best Doctor in America, ever, much less after MoWo's disgraceful appearance on TV,(4) Psycho's postings agreeing with you.

In any case, your words do not matter. The last word that mattered on this case was the judge's acceptance of MoWo's "no contest" plea. MoWo folded like a cheap polyester suit.

The only point on which I am curious is about this "July 1 deadline." What is that?
Carnac the Magnificent

Suffolk, VA

#18073 May 10, 2014
Hawk,

If you are MoWo, I say take a long walk off a short pier and hug an octopus.

However, if you are only a MoWo sympathizer, I must say it is very, very sad, as being a Wolin sympathizer is dumber and more puzzling than being a predator/pedophile like Wolin and his ilk. At least we can understand someone having a pathological tendency to underage, pre-pubescent sexual partners. It’s a deviance, the medical profession will have an elaborate name for it. But it is much harder to understand why someone would sympathize with the sick punk.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#18074 May 10, 2014
MoWo would steal food from the cafeteria including soup without a lid and put it in his briefcase. Not sure how that worked out, but if one paid for the food it would be packaged in a bag for you and you could take it to your office. Well we were laughing as it was the amusement hour. We knew each other very well, so an eye shift would do it to direct one to MoWo's presence. He stole enough food to feed a family for a week.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#18075 May 10, 2014
Carnac the Magnificent wrote:
Hawk,
If you are MoWo, I say take a long walk off a short pier and hug an octopus.
However, if you are only a MoWo sympathizer, I must say it is very, very sad, as being a Wolin sympathizer is dumber and more puzzling than being a predator/pedophile like Wolin and his ilk. At least we can understand someone having a pathological tendency to underage, pre-pubescent sexual partners. It’s a deviance, the medical profession will have an elaborate name for it. But it is much harder to understand why someone would sympathize with the sick punk.
It is called pedophilia. I am not too fond of octopi but usually they are fine if one doesn't bother them. They are trying to exist as are we. Sometimes they will swim over, look at me as I am small enough to look like food. Never been hurt and helps being married to a marine biologist; however I go scuba diving alone.
Wolin is more of a predator than I have ever seen. I saw it, I lived it. LLDY

Since: May 14

Vancouver, Canada

#18076 May 11, 2014
Long time lurker.
Made me laugh with LLDY's reference to the cafeteria, remember it well and he would just go the front of the line as a matter of course, pure arrogance and ego.
I remember the Corporate email about not buying subsidized lunches to take home to feed your family..........
The Truth Hawk

Norcross, GA

#18077 May 11, 2014
Thanks, Carnac. Your arguments make sense on one level, but it's important to introduce more recent context.

In tossing out the Rosiman case,the only one of the Petaluma cases to reach trial, Sonoma County Judge Arthur Wick took action after the prosecution presented its case, ruling prosecutors failed to prove Roisman had an intent to have sex with the decoy. The defense didn't even have to present its case.

The judge also lashed out at the tactics of the people responsible for “To Catch a Predator,” saying “They took everything away from this kid just to make a TV show.” The judge added,“This case is the poster child for the abuse in this program.”
The Truth Hawk

Norcross, GA

#18078 May 11, 2014
CouldntAgreeMore wrote:
Long time lurker.
Made me laugh with LLDY's reference to the cafeteria, remember it well and he would just go the front of the line as a matter of course, pure arrogance and ego.
I remember the Corporate email about not buying subsidized lunches to take home to feed your family..........
What matters is making the company money by pushing the R&D limits. In Dr Wolin's time, QLT's stock reached $75. It now trades at five bucks.

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#18079 May 11, 2014
CouldntAgreeMore wrote:
Long time lurker.
Did you work with LLDY and MoWo? If so, in what capacity? And what was your impression of MoWo?
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#18080 May 11, 2014
The Truth Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
What matters is making the company money by pushing the R&D limits. In Dr Wolin's time, QLT's stock reached $75. It now trades at five bucks.
Well maybe it helped if he was raping some of the staff who liked him and at the time Visudyne was a stellar drug. It has been superceded long ago by recombinant Abs. So Truth Hawk aka MoWo what kind of tenement are you living in?
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#18081 May 12, 2014
The Truth Hawk wrote:
Thanks, Carnac. Your arguments make sense on one level, but it's important to introduce more recent context.
In tossing out the Rosiman case,the only one of the Petaluma cases to reach trial, Sonoma County Judge Arthur Wick took action after the prosecution presented its case, ruling prosecutors failed to prove Roisman had an intent to have sex with the decoy. The defense didn't even have to present its case.
The judge also lashed out at the tactics of the people responsible for “To Catch a Predator,” saying “They took everything away from this kid just to make a TV show.” The judge added,“This case is the poster child for the abuse in this program.”
Roisman was engaged to the decoy and he was on shore leave. He wasn't pushing 50 and she wasn't 13. Both over 18 so I believe the judge made a good decision. Nice try MoWo. LLDY
Carnac the Magnificent

Suffolk, VA

#18082 May 12, 2014
The Truth Hawk wrote:
And yet, Roisman's case has zero impact on MoWo's conviction, or on MoWo's guilt, or on MoWo's willful actions in 2006, when he tried to rape a 13 year old girl.

MoWo's douchebaggery is not altered retroactively because of the Roisman case.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#18083 May 12, 2014
CouldntAgreeMore wrote:
Long time lurker.
Well I think I know who you are and you don't need to tell me, I just don't understand how anyone could steal soup then put it in one's briefcase? Why did MoWo even have his briefcase with him? It was a kindly subsidized lunch which we appreciated that as we worked very hard for the company because the company was/is top of the notch. Bob who runs it now is a friend. I think we enjoyed MoWo's wierdness more than lunch (always top notch lunch for next to nothing} We played so what is he going to do now? Fun times. LLDY
CouldntAgreeMore

Vancouver, Canada

#18084 May 12, 2014
The Truth Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
I must have missed that opportunity to "cash in" given it was $12 when he started and 2 years later when he left it was $10. Lots of shareholder value added there..........
CouldntAgreeMore

Vancouver, Canada

#18085 May 12, 2014
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you work with LLDY and MoWo? If so, in what capacity? And what was your impression of MoWo?
I didn't work directly with either but I know LLDY to chit chat with and was involved in some meetings where she was always very professional. LLDY was well liked and widely respected.
On the other hand it was common knowledge that MoWo was an arrogant slime ball who would, for example, try and meet with the young female co-op students on his own in his office.
I know one student who went to her supervisor thinking it was bit odd a VP would want to meet her alone. She didn't go. The circumstances of him leaving the Company are well documented so I wont repeat here.
psycho

San Jose, CA

#18086 May 12, 2014
I am not "thread "historian" because I didn't keep track
and I am not the only one that has been marked as SPAM CLULESS AND NUTS
but you missed the other one
and there is a lot more where that came from HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING MOWO?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parents kids and their kids dope abuse 1 hr Adolph Massey 1
Is Anyone at Berkeley Still Interested in Truth (Nov '15) 15 hr wjabbe 27
Trump Sat BillyG 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Hipocrit 20,505
News African herbalist teaches the ancient art of he... Aug 26 Inquisitor 53
News Why it Matters: Income inequality Aug 25 Maria 355
Will you blacks vote for trump? Aug 25 Zeech 1

Berkeley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berkeley Mortgages