Doctor heads to court after online se...

Doctor heads to court after online sex sting

There are 17044 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Oct 13, 2006, titled Doctor heads to court after online sex sting. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

A prominent Piedmont doctor is scheduled to appear in court Nov. 2 to answer to felony charges stemming from his arrest in late August in Petaluma in a sting operation involving online sex crimes with children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

vacated plea

San Jose, CA

#17695 Sep 17, 2013
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to think of myself more as AGREE, INCENDIARY, and HELPFUL.
people keep saying the same thing over and over again, and going off topic, but a lot of you get SPAM
CLULESS
AND
NUTS

also
"The court vacated the conviction. "
does it mean overturned? prove it!!!
wolin is still an RSO
D-UH!
http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/cgi/prosoma.dll...
court vacated

San Jose, CA

#17696 Sep 17, 2013
Centipede wrote:
<quoted text>
Apologies to Everyone! I passed inaccurate information due to my having skimmed the documents too hastily. Dr Wolin's clinic is on Solano Ave in the town of Albany, CA, not in a city called Solano. I don't know that area and got confused.
The information regarded the vacated plea and new clinic is now CONFIRMED (with that adjustment).
can he do this without a medical lisence
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#17697 Sep 17, 2013
court vacated wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#17698 Sep 17, 2013
court vacated wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he could hire licensed physicians who could practice medicine and be the business person. With his history and reputation, limited chance.

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#17699 Sep 18, 2013
Centipede wrote:
<quoted text>
Apologies to Everyone! I passed inaccurate information due to my having skimmed the documents too hastily. Dr Wolin's clinic is on Solano Ave in the town of Albany, CA, not in a city called Solano. I don't know that area and got confused.
The information regarded the vacated plea and new clinic is now CONFIRMED (with that adjustment).
Apology accepted.

By the way, how are you connected with MoWo?
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#17700 Sep 18, 2013
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
Apology accepted.
By the way, how are you connected with MoWo?
You and he look in the mirror.

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#17701 Sep 18, 2013
LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>You and he look in the mirror.
When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
court vacated

San Jose, CA

#17702 Sep 18, 2013
LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>Well he could hire licensed physicians who could practice medicine and be the business person. With his history and reputation, limited chance.
and yet you mark this spam clueless and nuts
no one has any proof!!!
DrKnowledge

Mitchell, SD

#17703 Sep 18, 2013
court vacated wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Wolin does not at this time have a valid medical license to practice in the state of California.

For verification, go to the Medical Board of California website, inside it is the License Lookup System, with a Physician search option.

Search for Maurice Wolin. Click on his License id; and the corresponding tabs.

His license is still revoked. The guy is toast. Hopefully this link will work:

http://www2.mbc.ca.gov/LicenseLookupSystem/Ph...

(And thank you Brittle Fingers and Carnac for keeping the focus on Mr. Wolin and his many sins.)
Centipede

Atlanta, GA

#17704 Sep 18, 2013
DrKnowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Wolin does not at this time have a valid medical license to practice in the state of California.
For verification, go to the Medical Board of California website, inside it is the License Lookup System, with a Physician search option.
Search for Maurice Wolin. Click on his License id; and the corresponding tabs.
His license is still revoked. The guy is toast. Hopefully this link will work:
http://www2.mbc.ca.gov/LicenseLookupSystem/Ph...
(And thank you Brittle Fingers and Carnac for keeping the focus on Mr. Wolin and his many sins.)
I suppose peripheral sources, such as the one you cite, will be eventually updated. The information about the vacated conviction and restoration of medical license drives from authoritative sources. The civil lawsuit against NBC, calling for settlement in the low 7 figures, is moving forward.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#17705 Sep 18, 2013
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
Me.

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#17706 Sep 19, 2013
Centipede wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose peripheral sources, such as the one you cite, will be eventually updated. The information about the vacated conviction and restoration of medical license drives from authoritative sources. The civil lawsuit against NBC, calling for settlement in the low 7 figures, is moving forward.
Speaking of sources.....who or what are your sources?

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#17707 Sep 19, 2013
LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>Me.
Good. I was just making sure you weren't a vampire.
DrKnowledge

Mitchell, SD

#17708 Sep 19, 2013
Centipede wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you spreading lies about NBC, just like Mr. Wolin?

From the Press Democrat, March 12, 2010:

"On Friday, Wolin said he gave in because NBC was going to make a documentary of his trial and he didn't want to subject his family to additional exposure. He called “Perverted Justice” an unmonitored vigilante group and accused the network of making “an enormous amount of money off this, off me.”

A network spokeswoman said NBC news had no plans to cover the trial. "

Or are you, in fact, Mr. Wolin?

Also, the one and only authoritative source of a valid medical license in California is the Medical Board of California. It is the horse's mouth. I suggest your sources apparently derive from the south end of a north bound horse.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#17709 Sep 19, 2013
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. I was just making sure you weren't a vampire.
Thank you MoWo.
Centipede

Atlanta, GA

#17710 Sep 19, 2013
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of sources.....who or what are your sources?
The sealed court docs.
Carnac The Magnificent

Greenville, SC

#17711 Sep 19, 2013
DrKnowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
... From the Press Democrat, March 12, 2010:
"On Friday, Wolin said he gave in because NBC was going to make a documentary of his trial and he didn't want to subject his family to additional exposure. He called “Perverted Justice” an unmonitored vigilante group and accused the network of making “an enormous amount of money off this, off me.”
A network spokeswoman said NBC news had no plans to cover the trial...."
Thank you for bringing that issue up again, Dr. Knowledge.

And there is more on that, for it is Wolin’s high-priced (if ineffectual) attorney who had subpoenaed NBC. Let me quote the legendary and irrepressible Wolin-Tracker from one of his Sep 18, 2009 posts where, after some talk about hard drives, he notes that the day before “Berk submitted proof of service that NBC has been put on notice to appear.”

So Wolin’s lawyer commands NBC to appear in court, and Maurice Wolin later complains that NBC was going to show up.
Carnac The Magnificent

Greenville, SC

#17712 Sep 19, 2013
Dear Centipede,

You said that:
Centipede wrote:
<quoted text>
Maurice Wolin just opened a new bone marrow and stem cell transplant center in Solano, CA (not sure where that is). He must have been planning on the recent outcome in court.
And you claim your sources are:
Centipede wrote:
<quoted text>
The sealed court docs.
You must agree that it is hard to believe that someone with access to sealed court documents would have the lack of judgment necessary to publish their contents in a public forum such as this one. The risks of being caught are substantial compared to the reward of propping up the hopes and dreams of a perverted felon such as Maurice Wolin.

A reasonable person with access to those documents, if they indeed exist, would simply let the course of events disclose the good news on their own time; such as a ribbon cutting ceremony.

But although I am very pessimistic about your chances of being well-informed, let me see if we can, as a group, offer some assistance to MoWo’s purported new venture. What should be the name or the advertising motto of this “new bone marrow and stem cell transplant center” that you say just opened?

Let me get the ball rolling:
- You Need Bone, We Got Bone.
- Boners ‘R’ Us.
-$30 Grand, Cash or Check
- Don’t Bring the Girls!
- Figured Out How to Pour Frozen Lemonade
- Not Angry at RayBan Anymore
- Can Operate With Hands Cuffed Around the Waist
- Transplant Center Owned and Operated by a Convicted Felon, Pervert, Pedophile, and Registered Sex Offender ... Soon Under New Management.
- Trust this Pervert with Your Body; He Is Probably Not into Necrophilia

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#17713 Sep 19, 2013
Carnac The Magnificent wrote:
Dear Centipede,
You said that:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You must agree that it is hard to believe that someone with access to sealed court documents would have the lack of judgment necessary to publish their contents in a public forum such as this one. The risks of being caught are substantial compared to the reward of propping up the hopes and dreams of a perverted felon such as Maurice Wolin.
A reasonable person with access to those documents, if they indeed exist, would simply let the course of events disclose the good news on their own time; such as a ribbon cutting ceremony.
But although I am very pessimistic about your chances of being well-informed, let me see if we can, as a group, offer some assistance to MoWo’s purported new venture. What should be the name or the advertising motto of this “new bone marrow and stem cell transplant center” that you say just opened?
- Boners ‘R’ Us.
- Don’t Bring the Girls!
- Transplant Center Owned and Operated by a Convicted Felon, Pervert, Pedophile, and Registered Sex Offender ... Soon Under New Management.
LOL! This was great.
DrKnowledge

Mitchell, SD

#17714 Sep 19, 2013
Carnac The Magnificent wrote:
Dear Centipede,
You said that:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
- Boners ‘R’ Us.
- Don’t Bring the Girls!
The Bone-A-Parte Center

I Wanna Go Bone, oh how I Wanna go Bone

He's got the whole bone in his hand,
he's got the whole wide bone in his hand

I can't stop boning you

Bury my bone beneath that weeping willow (fillipino)

Buenas Noches from a lonely bone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fremont: Couple arrested after hit-and-run, veh... 4 hr john 1
News Puberty Is Coming Earlier, But That Doesn't Mea... (Oct '13) 4 hr Shane 2
Why do all the blacks pretend they like Gay-Z? 18 hr Fahim Mohammed Jones 2
News Funeral Service For Fallen Hayward Police Offic... Mon dennise 1
2015 Oakland Murders Mon Godfrey Daniel 24
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon eezy reder 20,088
News How To Build A Better Bus Service: Any Ideas, L... Sun Unspotted Boy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berkeley Mortgages