Doctor heads to court after online se...

Doctor heads to court after online sex sting

There are 17962 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Oct 13, 2006, titled Doctor heads to court after online sex sting. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

A prominent Piedmont doctor is scheduled to appear in court Nov. 2 to answer to felony charges stemming from his arrest in late August in Petaluma in a sting operation involving online sex crimes with children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

Miggy

Newport, TN

#17357 Jul 23, 2013
Calm down Wolin.

None of that wall of text invalidates my statement: if you any integrity, this thread wouldn't be here. There was no entrapment. No reasonable person would tell a 13 year old girl what sexual acts he wanted to do to her and then show up at the house when she's alone.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#17358 Jul 23, 2013
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, LLDY, I can deal with the insults, the barbs, and the puns. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I do want is for you to sit there with your non-registered profile and extend me some friggin' courtesy.
How about I buy you some medals at the toy store as you seem to be about 6 years old? One doesn't have to register on this site. What is friggin courtesy? I know what courtesy is. Neither you or MoWo extended it to me. I find toying with you amusing. Remember that one loser? LLDY

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#17359 Jul 23, 2013
LLDY wrote:
<quoted text> Neither you or MoWo extended it to me.
That would be "Neither you NOR MoWo extended it to me". Neither goes with nor and either goes with or.....doctor.
Carnac The Magnificent

Greenville, SC

#17360 Jul 23, 2013
Miggy wrote:
Calm down Wolin.
None of that wall of text invalidates my statement: if you any integrity, this thread wouldn't be here. There was no entrapment. No reasonable person would tell a 13 year old girl what sexual acts he wanted to do to her and then show up at the house when she's alone.
This thread would not be here if MoWo had not acted like a perverted pedophile.

This thread might not be here, or at least not been as popular, if MoWo had not thrown a tantrum, busted his sunglasses, and blubbered like a punk.
Carnac The Magnificent

Greenville, SC

#17361 Jul 23, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
As to your intregrity ....
Bob,

MoWo's case was very clear as to the willful nature of the felonious act. It was not entrapment. So said the Court. And no matter how much you pound your sticky keyboard, that is the only opinion that counts.

You should research the concept of "stare decisis."

It did cost MoWo money to defend himself. Why shouldn't it? He misbehaved, he pays the price. Nobody put a gun to his head and ordered him to hire an attorney. He could have defended himself if he wanted to -- particularly if you think he is "soooo" smart.

You are right that the government has plenty of resources to go after creeps like MoWo. That is how we like it. That is exactly how our taxpayer money should be used.

Roisman's case was different, and no amount of your tears will alter the fact that MoWo's case was different.

It is disingenuous to think that MoWo folded like a cheap suit because of what it would cost to his family. The "cost" to his family was incurred when MoWo's gangly ass entered the garage in the sting house. A trial, on the other hand, might have vindicated him -- but I severely doubt it.

While is is true that "fighting was a big - very big - gamble," folding before trial is simply surrendering before the fight. Not only is MoWo a pervert, he is a coward also.
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Wolin would probably be the first to say he was wrong and it cost him dearly ...
No, Bob. No. Reality is diametrically opposed to your internalized understanding. Wolin was the first to say he did nothing wrong. I quote "I wasn't doing anything; boo, freaking hoo; I wasn't doing anything."
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The more exposure this thread gets the better for freedom and the Consitution. Hopefully anyone else entrapped for any reason will find helpful legal arguments and case law here...
Nah. And if someone uses this thread for "entrapment research," they are not looking at the bottom of the barrel; they have picked up the barrel and are scratching underneath.

MoWo's sting is exactly the opposite of entrapment.(If it were, MoWo's attorneys would have found entrapment, the judge would have dismissed, and MoWo would be a sublime imbecile for folding before fighting.)
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
One breath of my dog is worth more than all you trolls combined.
A fine dog, I'm sure. Just don't trust him to MoWo's care, as there is no telling what he might do to it.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#17362 Jul 23, 2013
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be "Neither you NOR MoWo extended it to me". Neither goes with nor and either goes with or.....doctor.
I didn't know those words were dating. Is friggin (whatever that is) dating courtesy? Who is MoWo dating? You would be too young to date NOR would any one want to date you little guy/girl. You have a fixation on friggin. I believe that is slang for an obscenity.
DrDino

Burlington, WV

#17363 Jul 23, 2013
Carnac The Magnificent wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread would not be here if MoWo had not acted like a perverted pedophile.
This thread might not be here, or at least not been as popular, if MoWo had not thrown a tantrum, busted his sunglasses, and blubbered like a punk.
I would also add that there is no known cure for pedophilia, based upon current clinical and medical diagnosis standards and criteria.

As such, Mr. Wolin should be considered a continuing threat to reoffend.

But, Bob, of course can't handle this truth. We now live in world with a Wolin-based pedophilia threat. And this threat has to be guarded against by diligent individuals, dedicated to eternal vigilance. Who’s going to do it? Bob? Or AJP? Not a chance. It is the dedicated individuals on this thread that have a far greater responsibility than Bob can possibly fathom.
Roast

Switzerland

#17364 Jul 24, 2013
DrDino wrote:
<quoted text>
I would also add that there is no known cure for pedophilia, based upon current clinical and medical diagnosis standards and criteria.
As such, Mr. Wolin should be considered a continuing threat to reoffend.
But, Bob, of course can't handle this truth. We now live in world with a Wolin-based pedophilia threat. And this threat has to be guarded against by diligent individuals, dedicated to eternal vigilance. Who’s going to do it? Bob? Or AJP? Not a chance. It is the dedicated individuals on this thread that have a far greater responsibility than Bob can possibly fathom.
LOL, delusions of grandeur. Not only can you make a medical diagnosis contrary to what the court's doctors found, you are so great our small minds cannot comprehend how great you are.

Too fricking funny! How much traffic does perverted-justice.com get now DESPITE all it free publicity from reruns? You are shrinking like the wicked witch of the east.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#17365 Jul 24, 2013
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
What is an either doctor? MoWo is not a Dr. Is that remotely related to what you are trying to say? LLDY

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#17366 Jul 24, 2013
LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>What is an either doctor? MoWo is not a Dr. Is that remotely related to what you are trying to say? LLDY
You're always the grammar police, correcting everyone else for even minor errors.

Neither, nor
Either, or

That's first grade grammar. You messed up. I wouldn't care except that you go out of your way to try to make everyone else feel like an ass whenever they have a typo or simple grammar mistake.

The 'doctor' was sarcastically used to address you, since you claim to be a doctor.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Roast

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#17367 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
A fine dog, I'm sure. Just don't trust him to MoWo's care, as there is no telling what he might do to it.
I'd trust wolin more than you. You would give him a cookie from the doggie cookie jar then say he stole it to get him in trouble. Not to mention you would hold him so dudes could piss in his face.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#17368 Jul 24, 2013
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
You're always the grammar police, correcting everyone else for even minor errors.
Neither, nor
Either, or
That's first grade grammar. You messed up. I wouldn't care except that you go out of your way to try to make everyone else feel like an ass whenever they have a typo or simple grammar mistake.
The 'doctor' was sarcastically used to address you, since you claim to be a doctor.
Unfortunate that you think you are an ass. Have you seen a psychologist to discuss your lack of self esteem? Well it has been a long time since I was in first grade so perhaps you are right; however you claim to be a doctor too. Are you in first grade and want to be a doctor? Show your guardian this message and perhaps the indiviudal can help you. Don't mess up like MoWo if you eventually get through medical school, but your guardian can explain that too.
Bob

Los Angeles, CA

#17373 Jul 24, 2013
Lieutenant Kaffee: Objection!

Court: On what grounds?

Lieutenant Kaffee: Plagerism. Can't anyone do anything original any more? Why does everything have to be a remake?

Court: Sustained.(To prosecution) This is why we have to try to lock down our networks. Please refain from being Miggy the Thief. Baliff, whack his peepee.

Balliff whacks his peepee.

Lieutenant Kaffee: I'll ask you again, Col. Jessup, Were you once in a mental hospital or not?

Lieutenant Kaffee: Sybil reminds me of Nurse Ratched if that's what you are asking.

Lieutenant Kaffee: I'll do the homages if you don't mind. Col. Jessup, I remind you you are under oath. Did you or did you not help fill a plot hole.

Col. Jessup: I don't know. Maybe. There was a big plot hole and jumping the shark was the only way over it. You know how ugly that is? If you have a big plot hole in the middle of the road there is no sense to the road at all. Then when you have a jumping shark driving down the road trying to jump over the plot hole it shakes the bridge of the suspension of disbelief.

Lieutenant Kaffee: Quite a mixed mediphor. And how did you engineer this filling of the plot hole?

Col. Jessup: The razzel-dazzel.

Lieutenant Kaffee: Would you care to expand on that for the court?

Col. Jessup: I take the Fifth for copyright reasons, for character reasons, because the razzel-dazzel was the only explanation. The round peg fit in the square hole perferctly.

Objection! Non responsive. And this is cruel and unusual metaphor--

The Court: Over ruled. That is why we have to lock down our networks as best we can.

Lieutenant Kaffee: Now, did you or did you not order a Code Red on Wolin and Roisman.

Col. Jessup: I did not. I merely did some badgering, cajoling and importuning.

Lieutenant Kaffee: Did you not reveal the age of the "13-year-old girl" until after you hooked the bait?

Col. Jessup: There wasn't any 13-year-old anything, but that is true about when we revealed the age, and I know the courts found that entrapment, but I'm smarter than the court.

Court: Shut up.

Lieutenant Kaffee: Did you not use an enticing picture that you thought was hot enough to attract?

Col. Jessup: Yes, and I know the court found that to be entrapment but the court is stupid.

Court: Shut up.

Lieutenant Kaffee: Did you not do some badgering, cajoling and importuning when the targets refused to show at the sting house?
Bob

Rosendaal, Netherlands

#17374 Jul 24, 2013
Col. Jessup: Of course, that is where are cameras were. To not show without them on film would be FAIL. Just imagine if he threw his Raybans in a restaurant. The most we could hope for is the restaurant having security cameras. We had to get them to the house even if they didn't want to.

Lieutenant Kaffee: And why would someone throw Raybans?

Col. Jessup: That should be obvious. He suspected it was entrapment and at the point it was confirmed. If someone tricked me I would throw down my military issue .45 on them. Unless it was a superior officer. Then all I could do is throw may Raybans.

Lieutenant Kaffee: I move for a plea bargain, if the Court please.

Court: No, denied.

Lieutenant Kaffee: M'kay, then I'll have to get good and drunk.

http://le.alcoda.org/publications/point_of_vi...

Prosecution: Objection! Link.

Court: Sustained.

Lieutenant Kaffee: Too late, I already said it and it proves Carnac The Magnificent should be Corny the Ignorant. That will be obvious to any juror who reads the link. Col. Jessup, is a Code Red the same thing as entrapment?

Col. Jessup: No.

Lieutenant Kaffee: And what is the difference?

Col. Jessup: One is informal and one is formal, involving law enforcement authorities. One you can a appriciate and one you can't, because one creates a crime and one doesn't.

Lieutenant Kaffee: Then what movie are we in?

Col. Jessup: Hell if I know. It might be "Pleasantville" or maybe it's "American Beauty" or "Die Hard." It sure as hell isn't "A Few Good Men."

Lieutenant Kaffee: I see, talk about a mixed metaphor. Did you know Roisman was in the service?

Col. Jessup: Yes, doing him was as fun as the doctor.

Lieutenant Kaffee: And why is that?

Col. Jessup: Because the more respectable the target the bigger we felt over our small, miserable lives.

Lieutenant Kaffee: We?

Col. Jessup: The Pig Pen.

Lieutenant Kaffee: Of course. And wasn't Roisman merely doing his duty until you badgered, cajoled and importuned?

Col. Jessup: All right! We entrapped. We were desperate. We had a deadline with Dateline. The show must go on. You can understand that.(Tears)

Lieutenant Kaffee: Go on. Tell us the truth.

Col. Jessup: You can't hanldle the truth! My dad. My dad was mean to me. He left us. Everyone was mean to me and all I had was my basement and my computer to love me. All I wanted was to get even, so I got even with every man I could. I hate men! Resentment? You're damn right. So I suckered 'em right in. Badgered, cajoled and importuned and fantisized about them getting porked in their cells. They could feel it slowly slipping in--

Lieutenant Kaffee: TMI. No further questions. Wait, one more question. Who is trolling whom?

Col. Jessup: I don't know any more. I thought I was in control but I don't know anymore. It's like the prize, well, the prize is either an apple or an orange and nobody knows which is which. Maybe what we have after all these years is an orange apple.
DrDino

Burlington, WV

#17375 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Bob,
MoWo's case was very clear as to the willful nature of the felonious act. It was not entrapment. So said the Court. And no matter how much you pound your sticky keyboard, that is the only opinion that counts.
You should research the concept of "stare decisis."
It did cost MoWo money to defend himself. Why shouldn't it? He misbehaved, he pays the price. Nobody put a gun to his head and ordered him to hire an attorney. He could have defended himself if he wanted to -- particularly if you think he is "soooo" smart.
You are right that the government has plenty of resources to go after creeps like MoWo. That is how we like it. That is exactly how our taxpayer money should be used.
Roisman's case was different, and no amount of your tears will alter the fact that MoWo's case was different.
It is disingenuous to think that MoWo folded like a cheap suit because of what it would cost to his family. The "cost" to his family was incurred when MoWo's gangly ass entered the garage in the sting house. A trial, on the other hand, might have vindicated him -- but I severely doubt it.
While is is true that "fighting was a big - very big - gamble," folding before trial is simply surrendering before the fight. Not only is MoWo a pervert, he is a coward also.
<quoted text>
No, Bob. No. Reality is diametrically opposed to your internalized understanding. Wolin was the first to say he did nothing wrong. I quote "I wasn't doing anything; boo, freaking hoo; I wasn't doing anything."
<quoted text>
Nah. And if someone uses this thread for "entrapment research," they are not looking at the bottom of the barrel; they have picked up the barrel and are scratching underneath.
MoWo's sting is exactly the opposite of entrapment.(If it were, MoWo's attorneys would have found entrapment, the judge would have dismissed, and MoWo would be a sublime imbecile for folding before fighting.)
<quoted text>
Thank you, Carnac, for keeping the focus on Mr. Wolin, and his many sins.

Looks like you really got to Bob in the above post. Bob is now the one who is "Corny the Ignorant."
DrDino

Burlington, WV

#17377 Jul 24, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonoma County jurors leaving the courthouse Tuesday said they were not impressed by the Southern California-based group’s methods. Windsor bank teller Kathleen Kerckhoff said they obviously induced Roisman to act the way he did. She said she would have found him not guilty if the case had come to the jury.
“I don’t have any respect for Perverted Justice after this trial,” she said.“I think they do have quotas. They have an agenda. It was the right resolution.”
Please, Bob, keep the focus on Mr. Maurice Wolin, and his many sins.

And, again, keep in mind there is no known cure for pedophilia, based upon current clinical and medical diagnosis standards and criteria.

As such, Mr. Maurice Wolin should be considered a continuing threat to reoffend.

Regrettably, Bob, you can't handle this truth.
bob

Van Nuys, CA

#17378 Jul 25, 2013
DrDino wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, Bob, keep the focus on Mr. Maurice Wolin, and his many sins.
And, again, keep in mind there is no known cure for pedophilia, based upon current clinical and medical diagnosis standards and criteria.
As such, Mr. Maurice Wolin should be considered a continuing threat to reoffend.
Regrettably, Bob, you can't handle this truth.
Judge Wick also criticized the tactics used by Dateline's partner, online watchdog Perverted Justice, whom he suggested lacked credibility and engaged in entrapment.(That's u.)

"The axiom,'Actions speak louder than words,' clearly does not apply in this case," Wick said from the bench.

Wick stopped the trial and issued the verdict without the defense team presenting its case and before consideration by the jury.

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#17379 Jul 26, 2013
LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunate that you think you are an ass. Have you seen a psychologist to discuss your lack of self esteem? Well it has been a long time since I was in first grade so perhaps you are right; however you claim to be a doctor too. Are you in first grade and want to be a doctor? Show your guardian this message and perhaps the indiviudal can help you. Don't mess up like MoWo if you eventually get through medical school, but your guardian can explain that too.
You made the grammar mistake, didn't you, because that's what your mental lapse forced you to do. And when it went bad, you cut that mistake loose! You had MoWo sign your resignation letter, you doctored your resume. LLDY, did you make the grammar mistake?!?
Jim_Bakker

Hurricane, WV

#17380 Jul 26, 2013
You "GOD DAMN RIGHT"(loudly) she made that grammar mistake!!

(stone silence)
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#17381 Jul 26, 2013
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
You made the grammar mistake, didn't you, because that's what your mental lapse forced you to do. And when it went bad, you cut that mistake loose! You had MoWo sign your resignation letter, you doctored your resume. LLDY, did you make the grammar mistake?!?
The proper English would be grammatical error. Other than that I have no idea what you are talking about as usual MoWo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr The Patriot 21,434
News Man fatally shot in San Leandro driveway identi... (Jul '10) Fri Desirae w 17
Born Again Christians are all liars and all hyp... (Feb '13) Thu Porovski 18
richmond native man on one month fast to save b... Feb 15 ghostdancer1890 1
richmond native man on one fast to save bears e... Feb 15 ghostdancer1890 1
News If there's alien life in the universe, where is... (Jul '15) Feb 14 positronium 218
News Utah moves to sue California over fee on coal p... Feb 13 Solarman 1

Berkeley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berkeley Mortgages