No

Other (explain below)

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#15207 Feb 17, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
riccardo... here's how it works...
there are different levels of harm that things in the world can cause you. so, what mankind did was make laws to prevent those things that cause us the most harm from being pushed.
Car crashes kill 40,000 in US each year.

How many people die each year from marijuana?

Statistically, death directly from marijuana overdose is extremely rare. The CDC reports that between 1999 and 2007, there were 26 deaths with marijuana as an underlying cause, in the United States.

Let's protect mankind, ban cars!....lol
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15208 Feb 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying we should allow a person to be drunk or high on drugs at work. But with that said, I don't think you know that smoking pot the night before work will make ANY difference on how the person performs. You seem to be more concerned with what shows up on a test, I'm saying the reality. A person that drinks the night before will be a zombie working early the next day, not a pot head. But if both tested, the pot head will be fired. Doesn't make sense. You might be surprised how many people are using pot and out performing you, at least out thinking you.
The employees don't make the rules at work. They follow them. If they choose to use and come and get caught in a random test and be fired for that choice they made,so be it. Employees who think they are above following simple rules will also steal from you,lie,and cheat. If they can't be a team member,then they will have to find another team. Companies don't have the time to waste being baby sitters to overgrown kiddies who can't mind.
Mortored

Monrovia, CA

#15209 Feb 17, 2013
A convicted rapist was captured in Mexico, and his father a California Highway Patrol assistant chief was arrested for helping him flee the country.

Spencer Scarber, 20, was returned Saturday to Fresno after Mexican authorities took him into custody in Acapulco on Februrary 13, 2013.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#15210 Feb 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Car crashes kill 40,000 in US each year.
How many people die each year from marijuana?
Statistically, death directly from marijuana overdose is extremely rare. The CDC reports that between 1999 and 2007, there were 26 deaths with marijuana as an underlying cause, in the United States.
you are brain dead and stupid. and I tire of trying to explain the logic because you cannot comprehend it.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15211 Feb 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Car crashes kill 40,000 in US each year.
You go for it!

Elk Grove, CA

#15212 Feb 17, 2013
Food on earth kills more people then all the drugs combined. Sugar is a drug

Elk Grove, CA

#15213 Feb 17, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>You go for it!
Post it to asian guy, he suggested we make laws to protect mankind.

Elk Grove, CA

#15214 Feb 17, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you are brain dead and stupid. and I tire of trying to explain the logic because you cannot comprehend it.
I understand if you are not able to make an argument. Why respond at all if you can't? Why insult and act like a child?

Elk Grove, CA

#15215 Feb 17, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>The employees don't make the rules at work. They follow them. If they choose to use and come and get caught in a random test and be fired for that choice they made,so be it. Employees who think they are above following simple rules will also steal from you,lie,and cheat. If they can't be a team member,then they will have to find another team. Companies don't have the time to waste being baby sitters to overgrown kiddies who can't mind.
This debate is about making pot legal not what happens at the workplace. Start a new thread. If they don't drug test our Government like our senators and congressmen, do they have the right to test anyone without reason?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15216 Feb 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>This debate is about making pot legal not what happens at the workplace. Start a new thread. If they don't drug test our Government like our senators and congressmen, do they have the right to test anyone without reason?
Yes they do!. If a workplace rule exists that the business is a drug free workzone, random testing is normal. If you can't handle that, go elsewhere. A company with clean employees don't need a stoner on the premises endangering the health and welfare of other associates. You may think the move is going to make MJ legal anytime or anywhere but a state level vote cannot force a company to accept dopers and stoners on the premises unless the state wants to get into the business insurance coverage.

Elk Grove, CA

#15219 Feb 17, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they do!. If a workplace rule exists that the business is a drug free workzone, random testing is normal. If you can't handle that, go elsewhere. A company with clean employees don't need a stoner on the premises endangering the health and welfare of other associates. You may think the move is going to make MJ legal anytime or anywhere but a state level vote cannot force a company to accept dopers and stoners on the premises unless the state wants to get into the business insurance coverage.
I know they have the right, my question was should they have the right? Like I said before, if a stoner gets stoned the night before vs a drinker, who is more alert the next morning? A company suffers greater loss of health insurance and danger from a sugar addict. I'm not advocating people high at the workplace. But you have a lot of confusion about the dangers of drugs and which one is worse.

Elk Grove, CA

#15220 Feb 17, 2013
Tim Truhart wrote:
Ricc: A normal person (you are excluded) doesn't suck the smoke from burning sugar deep into their lungs and hold it there until they turn blue in the face. Smoking pot is bad for you.
No one mentioned smoking sugar, I suppose you do. Consuming sugar is much more dangerous then pot.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15222 Feb 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I know they have the right, my question was should they have the right? Like I said before, if a stoner gets stoned the night before vs a drinker, who is more alert the next morning? A company suffers greater loss of health insurance and danger from a sugar addict. I'm not advocating people high at the workplace. But you have a lot of confusion about the dangers of drugs and which one is worse.
The levels of alcohol can be tested by a BAT. MJ is tested positive/negative. YOU know the rules,YOU break the rules,YOU get fired. YOU have a problem with that? If YOU can't handle that,then YOU shouldn't be there in the first place. Oh yeah, did I mention this was about YOU?

Elk Grove, CA

#15223 Feb 17, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>The levels of alcohol can be tested by a BAT. MJ is tested positive/negative. YOU know the rules,YOU break the rules,YOU get fired. YOU have a problem with that? If YOU can't handle that,then YOU shouldn't be there in the first place. Oh yeah, did I mention this was about YOU?
You seem to be lost in the argument, this is about making pot legal, a less dangerous drug then booze. Not how you should be tested in a forklift job. Believe me, I'm not in that kind of job, try to keep up. Sorry you are stuck in that mindset of a job.
Poleuka

Monrovia, CA

#15224 Feb 18, 2013
Matter of fact your wrong again with an average like that your going to have to come up with another line of Bull.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15225 Feb 18, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be lost in the argument, this is about making pot legal, a less dangerous drug then booze. Not how you should be tested in a forklift job. Believe me, I'm not in that kind of job, try to keep up. Sorry you are stuck in that mindset of a job.
You can't have a double standard set of rules. If a company is a zero tolerance workplace,then the office workers,production,warehouse,a nd drivers go by the same rules........ZERO.

Elk Grove, CA

#15226 Feb 18, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>You can't have a double standard set of rules. If a company is a zero tolerance workplace,then the office workers,production,warehouse,a nd drivers go by the same rules........ZERO.
Sorry, I think you are confused, I really didn't want to talk about people on drugs at work. This is about making pot legal. Some things are legal but not legal as in booze, you can't drive and be drunk or work being drunk. If pot is legal, you would have a choice to use it or not use it just like booze or like eating the poisons from the grocery stores. We have a choice to eat the crap at the store, as you can see from any workplace, people are fat from it, which costs the country and companies more money from being sick, from major healthcare costs.
SameOs

Covina, CA

#15227 Feb 18, 2013
Nothing new to report, go away.

Elk Grove, CA

#15228 Feb 18, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>You can't have a double standard set of rules. If a company is a zero tolerance workplace,then the office workers,production,warehouse,a nd drivers go by the same rules........ZERO.
1. don't work for that company 2. work for that company and obey them.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15229 Feb 18, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>1. don't work for that company 2. work for that company and obey them.
That's exactly the problem. People for legalization want to be able to use anytime/anywhere and not have to follow any workplace rules because they smoked "legally". They want to overlook the fact that they still show positive in their system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr Bently 19,568
We'll Find Alien Life in This Lifetime, Scienti... (May '14) 8 hr One way or another 28
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 19 hr Vinegar 16,960
Any sexy black girls attracted to white guys? 20 hr Russiankoalabear 1
2005 story on CVYSL embezzler-Julie Angelosante... (Mar '06) Wed shuttip 208
Quan's Legacy. (Apr '14) Dec 23 Quan must be gone 86
Christmas Trees still available!! Dec 22 bshmugler 1

Berkeley News Video

Berkeley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Berkeley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Berkeley News, Events & Info