California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legalization Initiative

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

19,385 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#67 Oct 8, 2010
leo wrote:
Someone came up with the perfect solution to all the problems in America , but I can't remember who it was. He/She said "Why not make crime legal,appoint a government agency to head it, and watch it choke itself to death with red tape". teller: "I'm sorry sir, this bank is assigned by the agency to be robbed only on tuesday and thursday afternoon to three p'm. and only teller that has the gun display on the counter. It is wednsday, and you have the wrong colored note". robber: "Well this is the note the girl at the agency gave me" I'm sorry sir, you have to go back there and streighten this out with them" "dang" #%&&*^$#%$" as robber walks away.
. Killer!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#68 Oct 8, 2010
voting yes! iam all for it! and you bet it will pass!!!!

“Can't stand liberals!”

Since: Mar 10

Hell, wanna join me?

#69 Oct 8, 2010
thats all we need, is a bunch more stupid azz doped up liberals running around the streets of CA! what next, heroin?
Go Prop 19

Las Vegas, NV

#72 Oct 8, 2010
Go Prop 19!

I just voted absentee and voted Yes!

1) Everyone smokes. Docs, lawyers, professors (and yes, I know this first hand).
2) People are going to do it anyway.
3) It will generate millions that we need.
4) It is a FAR less dangerous drug than alcohol.
5) It's not a gateway drug.
KimNeedsToGetRea l

Baldwin Park, CA

#73 Oct 8, 2010
Kim wrote:
Just what this state needs, more dopers, drunks, and aging hippies.
And don't forget to add all those crazy "godbots" (people like you) that spend a lifetime on a high horse telling people how to live.
YouAreAbsolutely Stupid

Baldwin Park, CA

#74 Oct 8, 2010
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL wrote:
hopefully your family gets wiped out by a stoned driver!
And I bet you talk to god as well. lol
Joseph

United States

#77 Oct 8, 2010
vote to legalize. marijuana is not a drug its a plant that god or whoever created man kind put here. as years passed we got curious and just put fire to it and smoked it.
IndependentAllTh eWay

Baldwin Park, CA

#78 Oct 8, 2010
garbage guru wrote:
thats all we need, is a bunch more stupid **** doped up liberals running around the streets of CA! what next, heroin?
It's really lame and pathetic how most of you so-called conservatives support your opinions and arguments with a bunch of loud rhetoric and b.s. false facts.
Go Prop 19

Las Vegas, NV

#79 Oct 8, 2010
tinamo wrote:
I am voting no. Have just a couple of basic questions? Who will be going to their homes to measure the regulated grow? Department of Agriculture? How are these users really going to keep the weed away from their kids and their friends? What breathalyzer test are we going to use when some one is under the influence and driving?
Awe, c'mon already. Christ- it is in the homes already! The kids know it, know where to find it! My hubby use to get all his pot from his parents, and this was late 70's early 80's. Get with the program already. Geesh.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#80 Oct 8, 2010
garbage guru wrote:
thats all we need, is a bunch more stupid **** doped up liberals running around the streets of CA! what next, heroin?
what's next you say you're momma.
Rose

Los Angeles, CA

#81 Oct 8, 2010
garbage guru wrote:
thats all we need, is a bunch more stupid azz doped up liberals running around the streets of CA! what next, heroin?
It's the con dumbs like Rush Limpballs who are doped up on OxyContin.
DrGreenThumb

Baldwin Park, CA

#82 Oct 8, 2010
I've noticed a disturbing trend (I'm a mmj patient)for awhile now, dispensaries are telling their patients to vote no on prop 19 in order to keep the cannabis monopoly all to themselves!(that's a bunch of b.s.) Don't fall for it folks!
Rose

Los Angeles, CA

#83 Oct 8, 2010
Pot is illegal because it is associated with certain groups of people. It's not a dangerous drug. Aspirin kills many people every year, yet it's legal, pot has never killed anybody ever.
Michael Hazzard

Benson, AZ

#84 Oct 8, 2010
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL wrote:
hopefully your family gets wiped out by a stoned driver!
Your opinion is despicable...I wish harm on no one...
Jeff

Hemet, CA

#85 Oct 8, 2010
Pot smokers have lower incident rates of highway deaths and murders than the general non smoking population. In other words, potsmokers got better driving records than the nonsmokers do.[-NOTE: if you drive while intoxicated, you will surely fall into the hands of the Devil. Whether it be in a wreck, the cops getting you, however God decides to put you down. If you drive intoxicated, you do not love your Brother, and you will surely fall into the hands of the Devil.]

Liberals. Uck. Once I was blind, but now I see. Praise the Lord that I saw the Light.

Liberals are the reason pot is still illegal. Media assists in allowing them to dominate the discussion as well. The immorality and unrestrained lifestyles and lack of self- control inherent in their philosophies about life and government continually fuel the frustrations that prevent conservatives from entertaining the notion that they can let potheads off the leash.

If liberals would make a sincere effort to be sober about their lives, and start exercising a bit of self control and responsibility, there would be no fuel for the flames.

unfortunately, giving pot names like "*&%%%$* incredible" and selling 70 dollar 1/8ths are more important to liberals than laws that reflect truth.

All Obama has to do is ask his FDA to reevaluate cannabis scheduling. 14 states changing their laws is 13 more reasons than necessary.
For the years that California has had medical cannabis laws, we have been represented by two liberals in the Federal Senate. It is the position of the Federal Senator to represent the State's issues before the Federal Government. Our two liberal senators have consistently voted against and failed to introduce representation for our state on this matter.

so go ahead, blame Rush Limbaugh. But truth be told, the only reason he don't support legal pot is because of the excesses of liberal culture. Liberals give him reasons and fuel to not support legal pot. And truth be told, I would entrust my cause to the leadership of Rush Limbaugh before I would a liberal. Especially now.

if you want to be free, vote your Christian values.
NIMROD

Moreno Valley, CA

#86 Oct 8, 2010
toodumbtovote4repubs wrote:
filipa housewife needs to be high while suckin off sailers at the lake county submarine base...lol....along with her grandma...lol...nme love you long time sailer...
To Dumb to spell sailors.toodumbtovote4repubs YOU Shouldn't VOTE at All!
Whatever

Chico, CA

#87 Oct 8, 2010
The numbing and dumbing of America. Yep, let's make it legal.
ULilFuker

Tempe, AZ

#88 Oct 8, 2010
legalize this and all drugs and give these drug dealers a tax number with a big tax rate of about 50-80%. let's pay off some of this debt we have. drop the goody-2-shoes act, we are in serious trouble as a country.
IndependentParty

Baldwin Park, CA

#89 Oct 8, 2010
Jeff wrote:
Pot smokers have lower incident rates of highway deaths and murders than the general non smoking population. In other words, potsmokers got better driving records than the nonsmokers do.[-NOTE: if you drive while intoxicated, you will surely fall into the hands of the Devil. Whether it be in a wreck, the cops getting you, however God decides to put you down. If you drive intoxicated, you do not love your Brother, and you will surely fall into the hands of the Devil.]
Liberals. Uck. Once I was blind, but now I see. Praise the Lord that I saw the Light.
Liberals are the reason pot is still illegal. Media assists in allowing them to dominate the discussion as well. The immorality and unrestrained lifestyles and lack of self- control inherent in their philosophies about life and government continually fuel the frustrations that prevent conservatives from entertaining the notion that they can let potheads off the leash.
If liberals would make a sincere effort to be sober about their lives, and start exercising a bit of self control and responsibility, there would be no fuel for the flames.
unfortunately, giving pot names like "*&%%%$* incredible" and selling 70 dollar 1/8ths are more important to liberals than laws that reflect truth.
All Obama has to do is ask his FDA to reevaluate cannabis scheduling. 14 states changing their laws is 13 more reasons than necessary.
For the years that California has had medical cannabis laws, we have been represented by two liberals in the Federal Senate. It is the position of the Federal Senator to represent the State's issues before the Federal Government. Our two liberal senators have consistently voted against and failed to introduce representation for our state on this matter.
so go ahead, blame Rush Limbaugh. But truth be told, the only reason he don't support legal pot is because of the excesses of liberal culture. Liberals give him reasons and fuel to not support legal pot. And truth be told, I would entrust my cause to the leadership of Rush Limbaugh before I would a liberal. Especially now.
if you want to be free, vote your Christian values.
Not everyone is a christian godbot like yourself. Learn to accept that reality! But you lame folks never do! You spend most of your time telling other people how they should live!

So you entrust a hypocritical drug abusing moron like Rush Limbaugh? WOW! At that rate you might as well tell everyone that you're a delusional 1st class idiot. Keep popping those oxycontin and vicodin pills like your phony hero Rush and watch out for those damn Liberals as they hold back science and medical progress for their mythological fairytale beliefs (religion). Pray for me.
YoureFullOf It

Baldwin Park, CA

#90 Oct 8, 2010
Whatever wrote:
The numbing and dumbing of America. Yep, let's make it legal.
You've got to be kidding me! The "numbing and dumbing of America" started with television! And I'm more than willing to bet that you own at least 1 tv and spend plenty of time watching it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West Contra Costa sewer director refuses to res... (Nov '13) 11 hr Algertha 5
Arm chipping 12 hr Curious 2
Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) 15 hr Human at Earth 37
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Fred 19,408
marshaw lynch to raiders? Wed Flatulence Fred 3
Quan's Legacy. (Apr '14) Wed OMF 74
Sen. Boxer endorses Schaaf in Oakland mayoral race Wed OMF 1

Berkeley News Video

Berkeley Dating
Find my Match

Berkeley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Berkeley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Berkeley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]