Jean Quan: Oakland has a ballpark design that could sidestep some regulatory hurdles

Dec 15, 2013 Full story: Oakland Local 13

Oakland Mayor Jean Quan says the city will soon reveal a site design for a ballpark at Howard Terminal that will allow it to skip some regulatory hurdles.

Full Story
Quan must be Gone

Pleasanton, CA

#1 Dec 15, 2013
Quan is so full of BS it's dribbling out her ears. Threaten the A's owner, way to go, that will make him want to stay. How does she plan on moving all the traffic off of Hwy 80 into the Square without affecting downtown or Port traffic? There happens to be a major railroad line that runs through the property as well, you remember Union Pacific don't you Jean??? Other potential owners in Oakland....OK Jean, name them and let's review their funding sources. Exactly how will she avoid BCDC regulations??? Why does she want to avoid working with BCDC???? Doesn't add up Jean.
Oaklander

Pleasanton, CA

#2 Dec 16, 2013
Did Quan show up late for this press conference too? She's always late because if all her "important phone calls." Hell if a way to run a city.
Calico

Pleasanton, CA

#3 Dec 19, 2013
If Quan gets involved, it is sure to turn into another Oakland political fiasco.
San Fran

Pasadena, TX

#4 Dec 19, 2013
No, not Quan, give me a break!
Amused

Pleasanton, CA

#5 Dec 20, 2013
Quan just told the counsel that her BFF, Walt Disney, whom she speaks to every day, will also help build the new stadium so it won't cost the tax payers a dime!!!! How cool is that!!!!!!
Jadda

Houston, TX

#6 Dec 20, 2013
Jean Quan now that's a name that rings a bell. BS! Remove her.
Raymaund

Pleasanton, CA

#7 Dec 21, 2013
I've read several articles regarding Mayor Quan's recent actions as Oakland's mayor. It seems odd that she is vocal and participating in trying to build a new ballpark for the A's, but is doing nothing regarding Oakland's outdated, understaffed 911 center. I'm new to Oakland, but her priorities don't seem in the correct order. But I for one, could care less about a sports team when public safety is a major concern. Make the city safe, then devote your time and energy into boys who play with balls and get paid too much.
Locksmith

Pleasanton, CA

#8 Dec 23, 2013
Raymaund wrote:
I've read several articles regarding Mayor Quan's recent actions as Oakland's mayor. It seems odd that she is vocal and participating in trying to build a new ballpark for the A's, but is doing nothing regarding Oakland's outdated, understaffed 911 center. I'm new to Oakland, but her priorities don't seem in the correct order. But I for one, could care less about a sports team when public safety is a major concern. Make the city safe, then devote your time and energy into boys who play with balls and get paid too much.
Not enough media coverage for Quan to do the mundane things like budgeting for an updated 911 center. Either that, or she is typically clueless on the current status of the individual city departments.
Section 115

Pleasanton, CA

#9 Dec 24, 2013
I don't get how Quan expects ballpark, port and Jack London traffic to flow without gridlock. Is there enough room and streets to handle all that traffic she is proposing?
Santa

Pleasanton, CA

#10 Dec 24, 2013
My gift for all Oaklanders will be a new mayor.....,ho, ho, ho!
Oaklander

Pleasanton, CA

#11 Dec 25, 2013
Quan spent a lot of time on a baseball project. A silly game. Why hasn't she put the same effort into our crime wave that is murdering people in the thousands.
Enemyofpoliticia ns

Burlingame, CA

#12 Jan 9, 2014
Raymaund wrote:
So, since you seem so smart, how is the Mayor of Oakland, any mayor, in a City with a loooong history of violent crime, supposed to reduce crime (BTW Crime has gone down).

If you have the solution to crime in Oakland, please run for office.
Raymaund

Pleasanton, CA

#13 Jan 10, 2014
Enemyofpoliticians wrote:
<quoted text>So, since you seem so smart, how is the Mayor of Oakland, any mayor, in a City with a loooong history of violent crime, supposed to reduce crime (BTW Crime has gone down).

If you have the solution to crime in Oakland, please run for office.
Crime has gone down? What planet are you on? Murders have declined due to excellent work by Highland Hospital. Shooting victims have increased. Get it right next time genius.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Chuck 19,377
Quan's Legacy. (Apr '14) 5 hr OMF 67
Oakland 2014 Murder Rate. (Feb '14) 5 hr OMF 81
Authorities raid Black Muslim Temple in Oakland 5 hr Disgusted with Oa... 1
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 9 hr PSYCHO 16,915
Bedbug infestation at Concord apartment buildin... (Oct '13) Mon Black Jack 10
Black Oakland students suspended less, but huge... Mon thegreatlc33 8

Berkeley News Video

Berkeley Dating
Find my Match