California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,117

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Tight wraps

Monrovia, CA

#4771 Jun 19, 2013
I found a use for al the plastic bags, wrap them around the Tea Party Member's and we can get a two for one special, in results only.
Fr Silesius SJ

Sonoma, CA

#4772 Jun 19, 2013
Hold forth for the question of how it is that each member of an elected voting body of government who is married somehow does not have a child for each year of that marriage. This troubles GOD, who dont like it. Nope.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4773 Jun 19, 2013
Fr Silesius SJ wrote:
Hold forth for the question of how it is that each member of an elected voting body of government who is married somehow does not have a child for each year of that marriage. This troubles GOD, who dont like it. Nope.
Fr Silesius SJ.

Yes. You are right. It was God himself who introduced the death penalty concept. In a "democracy", though, God only has one vote. Even so, according to the historical record:

"Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man." (Genesis 9:6)

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." (Leviticus 18:22)

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

Ronald
SJ wrote

Monrovia, CA

#4774 Jun 19, 2013
Was there a real reason you posted in the first place?
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

#4775 Jun 19, 2013
Tight wraps wrote:
I found a use for al the plastic bags, wrap them around the Tea Party Member's and we can get a two for one special, in results only.
Here I am, how about you just try to wrap me up in plastic bags???
SOP SL

Monrovia, CA

#4776 Jun 19, 2013
Don't ya just hate it when idiots like poster #4775 are wrong but wrong every time they post..
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

#4777 Jun 19, 2013
SOP SL wrote:
Don't ya just hate it when idiots like poster #4775 are wrong but wrong every time they post..
Under the creed of modern liberalism, the individual citizen is not called to maturity but is instead invited to begin a second childhood.
Liberalism??? It is a SERIOUS mental disorder!!!

And still nothing to support your lies???

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#4778 Jun 19, 2013
Ronald wrote:
Obama's wife has been on an ever escalating campaign designed to harass the White population into "getting moving", under the theory that a person's weight is the business of bloated Big Government. The more radical of California revolutionary occupied cities - such as Long Beach - have acted on this campaign by requiring moneys that would otherwise have been used to provide food for hungry White children be used to pay for heavily taxed trendy "reusable" grocery bags.
It is well recognized that tobacco is an excellent appetite suppressant. The increase in obesity rates are in perfect alignment with Big Government's war against decent worker **("middle")** class Americans who enjoy the simple pleasure of an occasional tobacco product.
According to THE LAW! that revolutionary Council imposed to enable its war against hungry shoppers who had enjoyed the simple convenience of being provided free grocery bags by overpricing unionized Council controlled Big Grocers, anyone not using expensive taxpayer funded food stamps must pay the Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment tax.
Now it can be revealed that "Blacks" are more overweight than White people. Only 26 percent of white women, but 41 percent of "Black" females are obese. In men, 29 percent are obese but 33 percent of "Black" males are overweight.
Rather than harassing White women and White men, and if Big Government insists in poking its nose into every conceivable aspect of Big Government controlled "private" lives, wouldn't it be a better use of hard earned taxpayer money were Obama's wife to conduct a war against expensive taxpayer funded food stamps?
Source: http://tinyurl.com/n6grhkj
Ronald
Ronald

Just in case the great Michelle is reading this, I'd like to say she really knows her carrots, well at least when the camera's are clicking. And welcome to the new Soviet block ran by the new Bolsheviks. Now she is proud of her country.

Riccardo
Permanbulator

Monrovia, CA

#4779 Jun 19, 2013
A quick and fast / little time to waste:

Ex-Communist Party of China official executed for child rapes, 2013.

What a great idea of removing human waste.
Dion

Chula Vista, CA

#4780 Jun 20, 2013
We californians love our medeling government and we wont stop until we've made california just like the movie demolition man.
Runtss

Monrovia, CA

#4781 Jun 21, 2013
This pony is dead, move on!
Fr Silesius Longchamps SJ

Sonoma, CA

#4782 Jun 21, 2013
God has shown to chair Boner that the immigration issue is to be dealt with before debt spending, hunger, wars, bad breath, TSA grope-fests, faith, tanning booth carcinmoa, AIDS, double parking and wars( wars goes twice because we are involved in so many)by spending 58 BILLION dollars to "surge" one border. In order to do this we must apparently conserve and bring ones own little bag is a way to show solidarity with the drone party.
Venberg returns

Monrovia, CA

#4783 Jun 21, 2013
Are or were any of the Glendora, California city council member's involved with BUAoLA ?

Venberg JR. was a active member until he shot himself after being cornered and about to be arrested, but who gave him the police issued revolver and bullets that day at the hospital in Glendora, California?

Arlington and Williams were two of very few members of a group called the Buddhist Universal Association of Los Angeles, which espoused an ideology of extreme sexual freedoms.

During the investigation Arlington told an informant that even after taking a vow of celibacy members of the group were still allowed to have sex with young boys, according to the criminal complaint against Arlington filed May 7, 2013.

Since: Apr 13

San Francisco, CA

#4786 Jun 21, 2013
I think it is a stupid idea. What are we actually promoting another industry to be outsourced to china? Ever see all those flimsy so-call resale bags and Wlgreens, Whole foods etc. all those easy to rip bags are 'made in China." All I got from them is a lot more broken merchandise when I try to carry them. Comeon america, wake up and realize some of this environmental suff is just a mask to promote outsourcing another American industry.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4787 Jun 21, 2013
a Hermaphrodote wrote:
I think it is a stupid idea. What are we actually promoting another industry to be outsourced to china? Ever see all those flimsy so-call resale bags and Wlgreens, Whole foods etc. all those easy to rip bags are 'made in China." All I got from them is a lot more broken merchandise when I try to carry them. Comeon america, wake up and realize some of this environmental suff is just a mask to promote outsourcing another American industry.
a Hermaphrodote.

That has not been my experience. Prior to revolutionary Council imposing its punitive Lowenthal grocery and goods carry bag harassment tax on the minority of Long Beachers who do not use expensive taxpayer provided food stamps I was provided convenient carry bags at various grocery and retail stores. The bags seldom ripped, and until Council shifted the cost of providing carry bags from "protected" unionized grocery stores to their overtaxed customers, check out personnel were always happy to accommodate their customers by "double bagging".

Since Council imposed its Lowenthal harassment tax, competitive minded non-union grocery stores **(unlike the "high priced" uncompetitive unionized grocers) go out of their way to satisfy their customers needs. For example, Superior Grocers' operate non-union grocery stores in revolutionary occupied Long Beach. Customers who purchase $20 worth of groceries are given a "reusable" grocery bag constructed of heavy duty plastic material.**(It is unknown how much longer revolutionary Council will permit competition of this sort)**

The problem is not grocery stores, or not even uncompetitive high priced Council protected unionized grocery stores. Rather, the problem is the unbelievably expensive taxpayer funded Government universities where wealthy taxpayer supported under-worked and overpaid 60s 70s era Government "professors" dream up anti-taxpayer anti-consumer ideas such as the Lowenthal harassment tax. Until the issue of taxpayer funded Government schools and universities is addressed, the problem will only grow worse.

Ronald
Bowling pin

Monrovia, CA

#4788 Jun 21, 2013
How on earth could they played this in heaven?
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#4789 Jun 21, 2013
Bowling pin wrote:
How on earth could they played this in heaven?
Huh? What are you on about?
Stubs

Monrovia, CA

#4790 Jun 21, 2013
Did you stub your big toe on something?
The Infantile left Winged

Redding, CA

#4791 Jun 21, 2013
Stubs wrote:
Under the creed of modern liberalism, the individual citizen is not called to maturity but is instead invited to begin a second childhood.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#4792 Jun 21, 2013
Stubs wrote:
What are you on about dear?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 23 hr Pastor LDM 19,381
Bedbug infestation at Concord apartment buildin... (Oct '13) Wed Concerned Citizen 11
Quan's Legacy. (Apr '14) Tue OMF 67
Oakland 2014 Murder Rate. (Feb '14) Tue OMF 81
Authorities raid Black Muslim Temple in Oakland Tue Disgusted with Oa... 1
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) Tue PSYCHO 16,915
Black Oakland students suspended less, but huge... Oct 20 thegreatlc33 8

Berkeley News Video

Berkeley Dating
Find my Match

Berkeley Jobs

Berkeley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Berkeley News, Events & Info