Many mental illnesses go untreated

Many mental illnesses go untreated

There are 2 comments on the Thousand Oaks Acorn story from Aug 31, 2006, titled Many mental illnesses go untreated. In it, Thousand Oaks Acorn reports that:

A recent survey by the American Psychiatric Association found that many people know little or almost nothing about the warning signs, causes and effective treatments for mental illnesses-even though in any ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Thousand Oaks Acorn.

Earl

Cary, IL

#1 Sep 1, 2006
In my opinion, the APA knows little or almost nothing about the warning signs, causes and effective treatments for mental illness. They are too busy trying to convince everyone that normal human emotion is a sign of mental illness, and that a magic pill will cure them.
Marika

UK

#4 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/3FuqC7 only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Trumptanic 21,667
News Ventura County family law courts seek public in... (May '06) 6 hr JP Shwartz 61
News Boyfriend held in fatal stabbing (Jun '10) Fri Tammy 12
News Queerness and weirdness Fri jurassic park 7
News Cousins to stand trial in Monrovia teen's murder (Oct '09) Fri Chacho 105
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) May 17 Race relations 251
News US judge scraps Oakland, California, ban on coa... May 16 Solarman 1

Berkeley Jobs

Personal Finance

Berkeley Mortgages