Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201880 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208183 Aug 9, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sick get help...
Didn't work for you.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208184 Aug 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
...They use that book like a tool,..
So do you.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208185 Aug 9, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
To Mr. Jonah1, Thank you for your comment, good or bad, I do not get offended. First of all, I am not preaching at all to Christians. The Church which means "called out" in Greek is the Church and most of the forum, in my opinion, are not believers, so it would not make any difference what I say or talk about. Apostle Paul was talking in I Timothy 2:12 to the believers only in the Church. This is not a Church by any means on this forum. I have been on alot of sites in the past few years, and in my opinion, this is farther away from Christianity than any other forum. If you believe that the Bible is full of fables, why are you quoting from it? If I can reach one person for Christ in this forum for His Glory, it will be worth it all. You can call me all the names you want because you are not offending me personally, you are offending the Creator and someday, you will be accountable for all that you are saying to Him, not me. May God send someone in your life that will help you see the Truth before it is to late, for HE IS COMING BACK SOONER THAN YOU THINK!!
This should be good.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208186 Aug 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít negotiate with terrorists.
Negotiating with terrorists only encourages them to use terror and evil as their primary weapon.
The more you threaten everlasting torture, the more people will be convinced they should not worship that evil belief even if it was a God.
One poke with that white hot pitchfork and you'll be singing a different tune!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208187 Aug 9, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
your opion, such as it is, can stand for what it's worth.
which is, legally speaking, not worth spit, so to speak. your opinion bares no weight with anyone else. your opinion runs completely opposite of the judge's findings.
i know this frustrates you. but good luck none the less.
Opinions are like a**holes. Everyone's got one. Even you.

"bares no weight" what a moron!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#208189 Aug 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Even volcano lovers?
What a moronic example.
Perfect example, they have religious freedom, but that freedom does not permit them to deny the rights and freedoms of others.

Same with any other religion
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208190 Aug 9, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Putz
Great post. One of your best. You really got me with that one!

What a dope.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#208191 Aug 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
One poke with that white hot pitchfork and you'll be singing a different tune!
One poke with a hot pitchfork would confirm and validate my position, I do not negotiate with terrorists, and anyone that demands love and obedience under threat of torture is nothing but a terrorist/rapist

You can worship that if you choose, I will not.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#208192 Aug 9, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your comment. You can love the gays, but hate the sin. My husband and I witness to everyone who is not a believer and in order to be a believer in Jesus Christ, you MUST obey his commandments and Apostle Paul talked alot of homosexuality in the Book of Romans and what God thought about it. We are not judging, but the Scripture does tell us that we will know them by their fruits. Also, alot of homosexuals say that Christ did not talk about homosexuality, but in the Book of Galatians Chapter 1 verses 11-12 and I quote: "But I certify you, brethern, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." So, my take on this is that when Apostle Paul wrote Romans Chapter 1 on homosexuality, he wrote down what the Holy Spirit taught him, just the same as we learn from the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the teacher and we all learn the same way and this comes from the Book of First John Chapter 2 verse 27 and I quote: "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you; but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." Christians cannot sin from First John Chapter 3 verse 9 and I quote: "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in Him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." I do know there are alot of other Scriptures that the body of Christ interpet that when you sin, you have a advocate with the Father, but I believe that is before you become a Christian. We may not please God everyday I Corinthians Chapter 3 verses 11-15, but we do not sin as sin is defined in Scripture in the Book of Galatians 5 verses 16-26.
I already know that most of the forum will not agree at all, but if you do not agree, just move on to the next post. It will not hurt my feelings at all, for I want to only reach people who are lost from our Creator and are interested in God and His Scripture and that includes talking about homosexuality. Thank you.
Aw Yes, The proverbial 'Hit and Run'...move on to the next post if you disagree and let me judge you by citing a thousand year old book and please don't burst my self-righteousness. A book that has been rewritten, edited and redefined by countless numbers to control the population through guilt, intimidation, fear and even murder. Please try and stop from doing your 'good work' and let people live their lives with out your moralistic interference. Thank you very much.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#208193 Aug 9, 2013
God created His gay babies just the way he wanted to, perfect in His own image. Loving another individual is not a sin.
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your comment. You can love the gays, but hate the sin. My husband and I witness to everyone who is not a believer and in order to be a believer in Jesus Christ, you MUST obey his commandments and Apostle Paul talked alot of homosexuality in the Book of Romans and what God thought about it. We are not judging, but the Scripture does tell us that we will know them by their fruits. Also, alot of homosexuals say that Christ did not talk about homosexuality, but in the Book of Galatians Chapter 1 verses 11-12 and I quote: "But I certify you, brethern, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." So, my take on this is that when Apostle Paul wrote Romans Chapter 1 on homosexuality, he wrote down what the Holy Spirit taught him, just the same as we learn from the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the teacher and we all learn the same way and this comes from the Book of First John Chapter 2 verse 27 and I quote: "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you; but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." Christians cannot sin from First John Chapter 3 verse 9 and I quote: "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in Him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." I do know there are alot of other Scriptures that the body of Christ interpet that when you sin, you have a advocate with the Father, but I believe that is before you become a Christian. We may not please God everyday I Corinthians Chapter 3 verses 11-15, but we do not sin as sin is defined in Scripture in the Book of Galatians 5 verses 16-26.
I already know that most of the forum will not agree at all, but if you do not agree, just move on to the next post. It will not hurt my feelings at all, for I want to only reach people who are lost from our Creator and are interested in God and His Scripture and that includes talking about homosexuality. Thank you.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#208194 Aug 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you.
Yes but only against those that claim to believe it, claim to follow it, and obviously donít.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208195 Aug 9, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
God created His gay babies just the way he wanted to, perfect in His own image. Loving another individual is not a sin.
<quoted text>
Gay God. Funny stuff! If God is gay the sky would be lavender and the joint would be decorated much better.
suzanne henderson

Shingle Springs, CA

#208196 Aug 9, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a look around and couldn't find it. You really ought to learn how to link to things instead of trying to get people to go on wild goose chases. There are several fora in here and I might be coming to the same thread on one different from yours. So you may have posted it somewhere I won't see it. To link to something just copy and paste the web addy from the place you're trying to link. Topix has a way of making the last half of a long link fade into the ether. So it is best to copy and paste, then put a gap in the middle of the link so it isn't wider than a topix post window.
Better yet respond here as that does away with trawling through the internet.
I am going to attempt again to answer you. Your question was about the relationship between Jesus dying on the Cross and forgiveness. When God Created the world, he already had a plan to send His Son to die for all of us if we did not obey him and right off in the beginning, Satan tempted Eve and she ate of the fruit that God told her and Adam not to eat. God destroyed the world by sending a flood because he was grieved by man's wickedness (Genesis Chapter 6 verses 9-22.) God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of man's wickedness and even said if there were even 5 people that obeyed, he would save the 2 cities. There was not even 5, so God sent fire and brimstone to destroy all of them. The Hebrews continually fell away from their Creator and then God sent His Son Jesus (Yeshua) to die for our sins. God demanded that we have a sacrifice for sins and they used a perfect lamb in their flocks to be sacrificed for their sin and this was a forerunner to what Christ did when he died for us, he was our Lamb of God perfect in every way that freely gave himself for us. The way we can reach our God is to accept His Son and ask for forgiveness and then we will be saved. You cannot do it yourself because God demands perfection and we cannot be perfect, but Jesus did that for you because of His Love for you and if you were the only one on earth, he loved you that much to die for you personally.

The other question is about Christ dying on the Cross. When Jesus was hanging there before he died, he said "IT IS FINISHED" and then he died and that mean't that when he freely gave up his life for us, we do not have to bring lambs to the altar, for his is our Lamb of God. I would suggest that you get a book called "The Holy Shroud". I bought one of these books 40 years ago and I was so Blessed to see the face of my Savior for the first time. I know that Jesus was dead when he went to the grave because the Shroud shows the blood on his head which was the thorns they put there for (the King of the Jews), the holes in the wrist which was accurate Roman tradition to nail in the wrists, the stab in the side which he bled blood and water, the bruises all over the front and back of his body and lastly, the knees were not broken which was told by the Prophets in the Old Testament. They broke legs so that they could not run away if they survived the Cross. These things were already known before they happen hundreds of years before Christ was born.

I hope to have answered somethings for you. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me. May God help you to understand His Word, so that you will know that "HE IS". Thank you for asking. Suzanne
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208197 Aug 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but only against those that claim to believe it, claim to follow it, and obviously donít.
Right. Like I said. You use it against people too.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208200 Aug 9, 2013
Big D walked into a bar. Knocked him right out.

And the damage is permanent. And that is why Big D is a dope!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208201 Aug 9, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to attempt again to answer you. Your question was about the relationship between Jesus dying on the Cross and forgiveness. When God Created the world, he already had a plan to send His Son to die for all of us if we did not obey him and right off in the beginning, Satan tempted Eve and she ate of the fruit that God told her and Adam not to eat. God destroyed the world by sending a flood because he was grieved by man's wickedness (Genesis Chapter 6 verses 9-22.) God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of man's wickedness and even said if there were even 5 people that obeyed, he would save the 2 cities. There was not even 5, so God sent fire and brimstone to destroy all of them. The Hebrews continually fell away from their Creator and then God sent His Son Jesus (Yeshua) to die for our sins. God demanded that we have a sacrifice for sins and they used a perfect lamb in their flocks to be sacrificed for their sin and this was a forerunner to what Christ did when he died for us, he was our Lamb of God perfect in every way that freely gave himself for us. The way we can reach our God is to accept His Son and ask for forgiveness and then we will be saved. You cannot do it yourself because God demands perfection and we cannot be perfect, but Jesus did that for you because of His Love for you and if you were the only one on earth, he loved you that much to die for you personally.
The other question is about Christ dying on the Cross. When Jesus was hanging there before he died, he said "IT IS FINISHED" and then he died and that mean't that when he freely gave up his life for us, we do not have to bring lambs to the altar, for his is our Lamb of God. I would suggest that you get a book called "The Holy Shroud". I bought one of these books 40 years ago and I was so Blessed to see the face of my Savior for the first time. I know that Jesus was dead when he went to the grave because the Shroud shows the blood on his head which was the thorns they put there for (the King of the Jews), the holes in the wrist which was accurate Roman tradition to nail in the wrists, the stab in the side which he bled blood and water, the bruises all over the front and back of his body and lastly, the knees were not broken which was told by the Prophets in the Old Testament. They broke legs so that they could not run away if they survived the Cross. These things were already known before they happen hundreds of years before Christ was born.
I hope to have answered somethings for you. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me. May God help you to understand His Word, so that you will know that "HE IS". Thank you for asking. Suzanne
Good paragraph structure. That'll show that dopey Veryverbose guy. Now he has no argument against you.
suzanne henderson

Shingle Springs, CA

#208202 Aug 9, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw Yes, The proverbial 'Hit and Run'...move on to the next post if you disagree and let me judge you by citing a thousand year old book and please don't burst my self-righteousness. A book that has been rewritten, edited and redefined by countless numbers to control the population through guilt, intimidation, fear and even murder. Please try and stop from doing your 'good work' and let people live their lives with out your moralistic interference. Thank you very much.
I am a sinner just like you, but I have a Savior who saved from from all unrighteousness, and that is the only difference. Praise His Holy Name.

Thank you for your response and May God send someone in your life to witness to you about our Loving Savior who also died for you too.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#208203 Aug 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Like I said. You use it against people too.
In the exact same way they use it against others, yes.

Difference is, I dont pretend to follow it. I am honest about it
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208204 Aug 9, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Thats some kinda great stuff. Have you thought that the story of Jesus was told in other Pagan religions? Ever hear of Horus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Christ_in_...
Take it to the fundie threads.

Poly MARRIAGE is off topic but "Horus" isn't. Priceless.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#208205 Aug 9, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you aware that crucifixion was a very popular form of death punishment in ancient Rome, there was a single incident where over 8,000 died on the cross, a single incident?( a rather famous incident, the 3rd servile revolt, Spartacus etc )

You people keep talking like he was the only one, he was one of tens of thousands (perhaps hundreds of thousands) died on the cross

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Percecution 21,175
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 9 hr Brittle Fingers 17,700
ANTIFA girls 20 hr DILDOSWAGONS 1
News First year of community college could soon be f... Tue Concave 1
News Watch: Antifa protesters beat down apparent alt... Mon youll shoot your ... 362
News If there's alien life in the universe, where is... (Jul '15) Sep 17 SoE 209
News Ben Shapiro's Berkeley Speech Goes Peacefully Sep 17 C Kersey 1

Berkeley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berkeley Mortgages