Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
174,161 - 174,180 of 200,572 Comments Last updated 30 min ago
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>wow, here's another one advocating violence and hate.
I also have a Rage Grrrl. Full blown estrogen crazed mancrush. Thanks to the SCROTUS, they're feeling empowered.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/round-lake-il...
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that spun out post monkey "ELH"? Oy vey. Finally let you out of the rubber room?
Notice that GLAAD scripture from the Fundamentalists where they never acknowledge their very very public Caligula displays, the "pride" parades and Folsom Street and "how Berzerkeley can you be?"

We don't know what's going on behind closed doors, but we damn sure know the REST of what the militant kooks are doing, like it or not.
Speak the Truth

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

The Story of Lake KiMare

A boy was swimming in a lake on a warm summer day. He was splashing around in the water, enjoying the afternoon sun. Two men who never learned to swim came along in a boat and thought the boy in the water was drowning. They didnít understand that the boy was a proficient swimmer. The men in the boat extended olive branches to the boy in the water, saying ďGrab on, let me help you! You will drown!Ē
The boy in the water did not accept the olive branch. He said,ďNo, nothing is wrong! Iím just going for a swim!Ē The men in the boat did not understand, and still thought the boy was drowning. One offered the olive branch again, and was again rejected. He was angry at what he thought was a stupid boy. But he knew he did his best to help. He kept the boat close to the boy, telling him ďIíll stay right here. If you get tired, grab on to the side of the boat and Iíll pull you in!Ē And he began to understand that the boy was a good swimmer and was not drowning. He just hadnít understood because swimming was foreign to him!
The other man in the boat extended the olive branch again also, and was rejected. So he proceeded to beat the boy with the olive branch, lashing at him again and again for not accepting his help. He told the boy over and over again how stupid he was for not grabbing on to the olive branch. He was so angry at the swimming boy that he could not see that the boy did not want or need help. Nothing was wrong. The boy was safe. The man just didnít understand swimming. He thought people should always be on land or in a boat.
Of the two men in the boat, which one truly exhibited love and compassion? Both extended the olive branch. Both claimed they tried to help the boy. But one was a hypocrite, wearing only a mask of love while he beat the boy over and over with the olive branch.
Take off the mask. Open your eyes. Some people know how to swim. Let them swim, even if you hate swimming. Be there for them if they begin to drown. Extend olive branches in peace. Do not use them as weapons.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Speak the Troof wrote:
Take off the mask. Open your eyes. Some people know how to swim. Let them swim, even if you hate swimming. Be there for them if they begin to drown. Extend olive branches in peace. Do not use them as weapons.
Moral of the story:

Don't be a sloganeering mental cripple. Throw away your crayons and your Fundamentalist phrasebook, red letter edition, with "homophobe" and "hater" and "racist" and "bigot" and "sexist" and "civil rights" and "global warming".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Speak the Truth wrote:
The Story of Lake KiMare
A boy was swimming in a lake on a warm summer day. He was splashing around in the water, enjoying the afternoon sun. Two men who never learned to swim came along in a boat and thought the boy in the water was drowning. They didnít understand that the boy was a proficient swimmer. The men in the boat extended olive branches to the boy in the water, saying ďGrab on, let me help you! You will drown!Ē
The boy in the water did not accept the olive branch. He said,ďNo, nothing is wrong! Iím just going for a swim!Ē The men in the boat did not understand, and still thought the boy was drowning. One offered the olive branch again, and was again rejected. He was angry at what he thought was a stupid boy. But he knew he did his best to help. He kept the boat close to the boy, telling him ďIíll stay right here. If you get tired, grab on to the side of the boat and Iíll pull you in!Ē And he began to understand that the boy was a good swimmer and was not drowning. He just hadnít understood because swimming was foreign to him!
The other man in the boat extended the olive branch again also, and was rejected. So he proceeded to beat the boy with the olive branch, lashing at him again and again for not accepting his help. He told the boy over and over again how stupid he was for not grabbing on to the olive branch. He was so angry at the swimming boy that he could not see that the boy did not want or need help. Nothing was wrong. The boy was safe. The man just didnít understand swimming. He thought people should always be on land or in a boat.
Of the two men in the boat, which one truly exhibited love and compassion? Both extended the olive branch. Both claimed they tried to help the boy. But one was a hypocrite, wearing only a mask of love while he beat the boy over and over with the olive branch.
http://www.hark.com/clips/ylynrywxln-cuckoo-c...
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

If you are against homosexuality it is because religiousy it is sinful, socially it is immoral, biologically it is unnatural and personally it is disgusting. If you are for homosexuality it is because it feels good.
Speak the Truth

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Never wrestle with a pig in the barnyard. You both get covered in s...,and the pig just loves it.

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: Gay Americans can legally marry the same sex and are recognized as any other marriage at both the state and federal level.
Fact: You are a loser
It's a sore loser, too.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Speak the Truth wrote:
The Story of Lake KiMare
I hold no olive branch yet.

I am a near senile old man speaking simple common sense.

The boy is swimming in sh/t.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Speak the Truth wrote:
Never wrestle with a pig in the barnyard. You both get covered in s...,and the pig just loves it.
That is why I usually ignore you Bowser the coward.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Recognizing you senility is a good first step. But you have never spoken common sense. Perhaps your belief that you do is just a symptom.

Just learn to deal with reality, if you can. You will be happier.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in no position to deny anyone anything. You're here, on charity, anyway...
You criticizing my usage of words and then questioning if I know their meanings? Umm YOU might want to look up the word charity, because it doesn't apply. Try not being drunk when you post.
Penance

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Did ya hear about this one in 2013, now the Catholics have a "saint" for pedophile's and rapists.

Vatican Pope John Paul II to be sainted, for what he saw over the exposing of all the perverts in the church and how they co0nspired to protect them all.

He needs to do penance for a 100 years more before his name is brought up again.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

--------

Edward Snowdenís nightmare comes true

Snowdenís worst fear, by his own account, was that 'nothing will change.'| AP Photo
Close
By PHILIP EWING | 7/5/13 5:01 AM EDT

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/edward-...

----------

Because Obama said the data collection in regard to telephone records and duration conversations, this shows the biased ground of controversy.

Too many politicians including former Bush, said too many words already about Snowden, as many of them called him a traitor, for this is another signal of radicalism in a new world phenomena.

And at the same time, it seems it is a further difficulty to believe when they say there will be a fair trial for Snowden.

From news reports, that generalizes telling Snowden does have a great International support.

US has to consider those who desert as coming up with the know-how to deal with it because it is a big country, by just knowing that people come and go everywhere

Just like those dissidents, deserters, defectors, from anywhere escaping or going to US that other countries accept as is, US needs to come to terms with itself in the reality of facing this realistic new world.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Speak the Truth wrote:
We'll defer to you on that. You sound like a man of experience.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>if you dumb like you its because you just can't fix stupid
We know, that's why we never bother to attempt to fix you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
You criticizing my usage of words and then questioning if I know their meanings? Umm YOU might want to look up the word charity, because it doesn't apply. Try not being drunk when you post.
Doesn't work for you. Even if he was posting drunk, tomorrow he'll be sober. But you'll still be stupid.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't work for you. Even if he was posting drunk, tomorrow he'll be sober. But you'll still be stupid.
Look who's talking, the resident asstroll..Fk off
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Look who's talking, the resident asstroll..Fk off
Nice!
Speak the Truth

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A re-post from yesterday is in order:

What is love? What does love look like? Does it look like this?:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted
And you are full of sh/t.

Or this?:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted
My guess is Jonah will turn into a pregnant wife, and VV will become the woman he's always wanted to

Or this?:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...I do not give denial the same courtesy. That is where my barbarianism sinks the knife of reality to the hilt, into the belly of denial, and twists it with a smirk.

The Apostle Paul says in your Christian Bible:
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

How long must the cymbal continue to clang? When will this gong show end?

Look within yourself. Search out the reason for your behavior, your ongoing struggle against what is. Beating the same drum until your hands are bloodied will not change what is so.

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Berkeley News Video

•••
Berkeley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Berkeley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Berkeley People Search