Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201847 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#196886 Jun 20, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you said. But you refuse to admit to what I said, it is reality, as in SSM is not allowed in California today, even if it is in a state of appeal no pun intended lol ... it's been like this for years but your cult keeps saying it will win tomorrow!!!! if it is such a good idea it would have passed by now open your eyes. The Feds don't agree with it, to bad what the people think.
Because there is a stay on the already overturned Prop 8, that stay should be lifted shortly.

There are currently 18,000 legally married same sex couples recognized that were married in California before this unconstitutional proposition was put into effect.

You are correct that currently no new couples can join the 18,000 that are currently legally married, but they will be able to soon.
happy camper

Overland Park, KS

#196887 Jun 20, 2013
yeah
laughing man

UK

#196888 Jun 20, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Please provide some examples of how homosexuality has negatively affected society. I'll wait anxiously for your well supported examples.
Are you that breathtakingly stupid, Fifi?
laughing man

UK

#196889 Jun 20, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to demonstrate this "anger" you keep referring to. Exactly what statements in my posts demonstrate this supposed "anger"?
Just another example of fundie 101 talking points. Since you can't dispute the message, you try and malign the poster! Such a tired routine.
“Fundies = Blight on Society”
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#196890 Jun 20, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have proof of scientific misconduct, please feel free to share it. Otherwise, dig up a better excuse... perhaps you can ask the 6 year olds what the latest school yard denial is today.
Why do all Rose's sound and think the same?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#196891 Jun 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be. Doesn't make you right.
I may be sexually confused, but you definitely are desperate, no maybe about that.
Nice of you to keep admitting it Rizzoto!! you "Fruit-Cake"
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#196892 Jun 20, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Relax why u mad bro?
lol again, Rizzotot is maD becaus he can't decide which way to swing, he admitted to his being sexually confused. LMAO
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#196893 Jun 20, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol again, Rizzotot is maD becaus he can't decide which way to swing, he admitted to his being sexually confused. LMAO
Yes that is true. He would feel much better if he would just come out and say that he is gay. He old and in a wheel chair, but I am sure there is a man out there for him.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#196895 Jun 20, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a believe in freedom too, I faught for it. but we need to draw a line some where.
I see. A line must be drawn as it relates to freedom, the very building block of our country. And let me guess. The man that told us all that penguins can fly is going to be the one drawing that line!!!
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
SSM will affect you in some way or another down the road,
No, it won't. Not one of the lawyers supporting prop 8 were able to establish how gays being married was going to affect other people, and you Penguin Boy certainly aren't going to be able to establish one single way that you or any other non gay person will be affected by gays marrying.
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
exdample I don't agree with it so I don't think I should have to pay into it by supporting the teaching of gay rights or gay history in the public school system, just that alone will affect me and others who don't support SSM.
You don't have to support the teaching of gay history. You are free to not support it. Just as you are free to not support the teaching of black history or Asian history or Women's history. you don't have to support evolution being taught. You don't have to support any curriculum at all. You are completely free to not support it.

Yet again, you are completely unaffected.
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what gays do in their own home
And we don't care what straits do in their homes. You know, given that neither of us do anything the other doesn't do.
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
but keep it out of public affairs.
Um, the advancement of equality is part of history whether you agree with it or not. It's factual information related to the principals of our country. There is absolutely no reason for it to be avoided in an historical content.

Feel free to try again though. I anxiously await to know how you are remotely affected by gays being married. Thanks for playing Penguin Boy.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#196896 Jun 20, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that breathtakingly stupid, Fifi?
I'm not the one who couldn't answer the question asshat.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#196897 Jun 20, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a believe in freedom too, I faught for it. but we need to draw a line some where. SSM will affect you in some way or another down the road, exdample I don't agree with it so I don't think I should have to pay into it by supporting the teaching of gay rights or gay history in the public school system, just that alone will affect me and others who don't support SSM. I don't care what gays do in their own home but keep it out of public affairs.
Bruno that is exactly how I feel about Christians, however I don’t have the right to tell them to get in the closet. I don’t fight to keep Christians from being married, I don’t work to close their churches.

I don’t support Christianity, but I don’t have the right to take away their rights either.

America isn’t easy, you have to fight for freedoms, and sometimes you are fighting for the rights of people you disagree with, sometimes you fight for the rights of people you despise.
laughing man

UK

#196898 Jun 20, 2013
Zero the societal blight wrote:
<quoted text> He would feel much better if he would just come out and say that he is gay.
Irving’s Laws of homosexual “debate”:

Rule One:

When on the losing side of a debate, which is 100 percent of the time, a homosexual will, within the first three posts, invariably state that an opponent is “in the closet”.

Rule Two A:

When on the losing side of a debate, which is 100 percent of the time, a homosexual will, within the first three posts, invariably state that an opponent is a “bigot” and/or a “homophobe” and/or a “racist” and/or a “hater”.

Rule Two B:

When on the losing side of a debate, which is 100 percent of the time, a homosexual will, within the first three posts, invariably create out of whole cloth that there are “many” non-existent “studies” which will back up it’s claims that opponents are “closeted bigoted racist haters”, legitimate and unbiased studies which cannot and will not be sourced by the homosexual claimant when pressed.

Irving’s Razor:

Anyone who has taken a position in any debate, whether about homosexuality or race relations or the price of tea in China, is by definition a bigot, therefore the use of the word “bigot” by homosexuals doubles their irrelevance in a debate.

Irving's Rule of "Racism":

Color of skin ALWAYS matters more than it's thickness.

Buckley paraphrased:

To paraphrase William F. Buckley, libtards claim to be the champions of diverse points of view, but are actually shocked and driven to mindless adolescent rage when they discover that there truly are other points of view.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#196900 Jun 20, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwah ha ha ha haha!! People can and do mate without marriage. They were able to do so for eons before the institution was even invented. And they continue to do so to this day. The institution of marriage has NO requirements related to mating. NONE.
However there is a cultural, social, historical, and religious expectation of mating within marriage. Let's. OT forget the legal marital presumption of paternity.
At the most basic essence, marriage is about maintaining property and inheritance. Period.
Unless, the missus doesn't get her period, then it about mating. Many a marriage resulted from a missing period.
Thank you for your ridiculous link. But since mating is not a requirement of marriage I'll skip it as being as completely irrelevant as your posts.
Is sex a requirement, the coital kind, not crossing swords?
You seem to be under the impression this string is about mating. It isn't.
It's about the definition of marriage in the state of California.
What needs to be countered? Your view of mating habits? LOL! The subject of this string is marriage, not mating. Mating habits are completely irrelevant to the topic.
What else you got?
Awwwww....that's so cute Jonah the Glibtee Whale....is trying to convince us that mating and marriage are not linked or even remotely connected. Next thing he'll try and convince us that sex between men and women doesn't make babies. Maybe the stork brought him....no wait...too bland....I know a brightly colored parrot...yeah that makes sense.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#196902 Jun 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you'll find that the Biblical command is to not judge another person--that you do not have the supernatural ability that God possesses to pass judgment on another human being.
You do not know truth. You may think you do, but you don't. None of us know truth. We have FAITH that we believe guides us to truth.
But to actually determine another person's truth is dangerously arrogant.
You are not God. You cannot know what He has called me to be or to do.
You can only carry on in your own personal journey, doing those things that you BELIEVE He has called you to do.
And don't take this the wrong way, but I don't believe that He brought you into this world to judge others. Maybe you were meant to teach others about Him. Maybe you were meant to help bring others to Him. But to be His judge--telling others what His truth is? I don't think so.
If I'm not mistaken, you just judged me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#196903 Jun 20, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
However there is a cultural, social, historical, and religious expectation of mating within marriage. Let's. OT forget the legal marital presumption of paternity.
<quoted text>
Unless, the missus doesn't get her period, then it about mating. Many a marriage resulted from a missing period.
<quoted text>
Is sex a requirement, the coital kind, not crossing swords?
<quoted text>
It's about the definition of marriage in the state of California.
<quoted text>
Awwwww....that's so cute Jonah the Glibtee Whale....is trying to convince us that mating and marriage are not linked or even remotely connected. Next thing he'll try and convince us that sex between men and women doesn't make babies. Maybe the stork brought him....no wait...too bland....I know a brightly colored parrot...yeah that makes sense.
I know elderly couples unable to even have sex that have recently married.

Sex may be all that marriage is about to you, but that isn’t true for everyone. And it isn’t your place to define it for everyone else.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#196905 Jun 20, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. A line must be drawn as it relates to freedom, the very building block of our country. And let me guess. The man that told us all that penguins can fly is going to be the one drawing that line!!!
<quoted text>
No, it won't. Not one of the lawyers supporting prop 8 were able to establish how gays being married was going to affect other people, and you Penguin Boy certainly aren't going to be able to establish one single way that you or any other non gay person will be affected by gays marrying.
<quoted text>
You don't have to support the teaching of gay history. You are free to not support it. Just as you are free to not support the teaching of black history or Asian history or Women's history. you don't have to support evolution being taught. You don't have to support any curriculum at all. You are completely free to not support it.
Yet again, you are completely unaffected.
<quoted text>
And we don't care what straits do in their homes. You know, given that neither of us do anything the other doesn't do.
<quoted text>
Um, the advancement of equality is part of history whether you agree with it or not. It's factual information related to the principals of our country. There is absolutely no reason for it to be avoided in an historical content.
Feel free to try again though. I anxiously await to know how you are remotely affected by gays being married. Thanks for playing Penguin Boy.
Oooo someone is upset, calm down turbo or you will bust a butt plug. You stupid asswipe, I dont't want to pay taxes to support your Fked up way of life studies in public schools or public anything, it affects me when I pay through taxes, but you can't seem to get that through your thick head. All you can do is come up with off the wall BS that means nothing to the quality of life for the normal thinking people. Your cult lifestyle has gotten the better of you and you think we all should agree to it. You are a real piece of work. And once again Black history and Asian history has nothing to do with SSM not even close, so stop with the BS.
laughing man

UK

#196906 Jun 20, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who couldn't answer the question asshat.
Asshat? Is that the kind of Fundamentalist hate they teach you at Our Lady of Intestinal Arson?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#196907 Jun 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruno that is exactly how I feel about Christians, however I don’t have the right to tell them to get in the closet. I don’t fight to keep Christians from being married, I don’t work to close their churches.
I don’t support Christianity, but I don’t have the right to take away their rights either.
America isn’t easy, you have to fight for freedoms, and sometimes you are fighting for the rights of people you disagree with, sometimes you fight for the rights of people you despise.
So what you are saying is that you are willing to pay through your tax dollars to support the gay lifestyle? There is a fine line here, again I don't have a problem if you want to be gay, but don't start dictating and forcing public issues on me.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#196908 Jun 20, 2013
JoAnah .. you are still the little fantsie-pants Patz I see. Grow up and quit being the bratty little girl on the block will you?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#196909 Jun 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, if they don’t announce it today,( which I don’t expect them to ) I won’t be here to celebrate and watch the losers here squirm and cry.
I will be on the road for the next couple of weeks and these forums are hard to navigate from a cell phone ( not taking my I-Pad, if I have my I-Pad my job will expect me to work through vacation )
Enjoy, and keep your head high, let the whiners whine, history is on your side.
Thanks... And have a great time on your vacation!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) Sat Final Words 17,097
News Tracy Feldstein: Vallejo still has a chance Feb 5 Krysto Saves ten ... 22
News 5 Jailed In Alleged Robbery, Carjacking In Antioch (Jul '07) Feb 4 rogue 19
Caucusses Stolen From Trump By Carson Feb 4 crayola been been... 2
News Meeting-How To Defend Public Education, Stop Un... Feb 3 Periddell 1
News The most famous shipwrecks of San Francisco Bay Feb 2 OMF 1
News Chart of the Day: "Low Sugar" Overtaking "Low Fat" Feb 2 Ritual Habitual 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berkeley Mortgages