Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,121)

Showing posts 162,401 - 162,420 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, shuddup Bluto you third rate jackass!
Typical HOMO stupid reply ... go play with yourself your you nut job

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Cool. Me either.

Got any good jokes there swizzlestick? Did you hear the one about the gay cowboy?
Off topic! Reported!! Lol
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton, as well. We've had a quarter century of draft dodgers in the White House, and look how things have turned out for us.
It's always been hard for me to consider a Jody the Commander in Chief. But I guess I'm getting used to it, it seems to be becoming the norm.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool. Me either.
Got any good jokes there swizzlestick? Did you hear the one about the gay cowboy?
:D
Didn't they make some kind of Mountain Man movie about that?
:D
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical HOMO stupid reply ... go play with yourself your you nut job
YUK!YUK!YUK!

How is that tiny little pair hanging Bluto you silly jackass?

Happy Easter heathen. Jesus died for your dopey ass.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool. Me either.
"Say, it looks awful warm, in that sleeping bag, mind if I join you?"
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
YUK!YUK!YUK!

Happy Easter sir.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always been hard for me to consider a Jody the Commander in Chief. But I guess I'm getting used to it, it seems to be becoming the norm.
Yeah, pal, Jodie wasn't just tooling our gals, he was taking over...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Military Service ought to be a requirement for the Big Chair... Instead of the "Better you than me" crowd that has usurped the Corridors of Power...
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool. Me either.
You telling your secrets agin you gay cowboi nut job. Just because you like giving oral at the camp fire doesn't make you the cowboi you say you are. You are second class
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of "Off topic! Reported!!", when was the last you posted that, to Chongo/Ross-no-hope, when he/she/it asked KiMare about abortions? After all, that was also off topic, wouldn't you agree?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Frank is pointing out that, if the Federal Government has to lift its ban on gay marriage, due to its having no business dictating who may marry whom, then it also has no business outlawing incestuous or polygamous marriage, for the exact same reason. If the Federal Government has to allow gay marriage, then it also has to allow for incestuous and polygamous marriage, and not interfere with any types of marriage, at all. He posts that if we allow for any loosening up of marriage laws, then we must make room for ALL kinds of coupling. And both polygamous and incestuous marriage have their roots in history, just like the gays. See the parallels? If we allow for one, then we must allow for all, so as not to be discriminatory in allowing some marriages to occur, but not others.
Excellent post.

We should have a friendly judge-it contest sometime, you and me. See who gets the most negative judge-its. I'm too busy tonight though. Got the grand kids for Easter and all that silly sh!t. They're all hyped up on candy too.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Frank is pointing out that, if the Federal Government has to lift its ban on gay marriage, due to its having no business dictating who may marry whom, then it also has no business outlawing incestuous or polygamous marriage, for the exact same reason. If the Federal Government has to allow gay marriage, then it also has to allow for incestuous and polygamous marriage, and not interfere with any types of marriage, at all. He posts that if we allow for any loosening up of marriage laws, then we must make room for ALL kinds of coupling. And both polygamous and incestuous marriage have their roots in history, just like the gays. See the parallels? If we allow for one, then we must allow for all, so as not to be discriminatory in allowing some marriages to occur, but not others.
Have you ever noticed that the only ones who talk about incestuous and plural marriages are those who are against same-gender marriages?

And they call us depraved...

By the way, using your own ridiculous "slippery slope" argument, you can trace all of these issues back to the fact that the government got involved in marriage.

If the government had never given any special rights and protections to married couples in the first place then nobody--not gays, not bigamists, not anyone--would be seeking legal marriage.

We'd all just go to the church of our choice and get married.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yeah, pal, Jodie wasn't just tooling our gals, he was taking over...
Yep. Jody's in charge now. Nice touch eh? The irony. My sense of humor saves me though. As it did in the war.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You telling your secrets agin you gay cowboi nut job. Just because you like giving oral at the camp fire doesn't make you the cowboi you say you are. You are second class
YUK!YUK!YUK! Bruno. Too funny.

You're third class.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Speaking of "Off topic! Reported!!", when was the last you posted that, to Chongo/Ross-no-hope, when he/she/it asked KiMare about abortions? After all, that was also off topic, wouldn't you agree?
Randy, it's not really off-topic to talk about abortions. I've had multiple conversations with Kimare where he points out that gays spread deadly and expensive diseases.

Abortion results in 40,000,000 deaths each year. And those children who are born to financially unprepared parents cost tax payers plenty of money each year--much more than HIV/AIDS.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

We're running neck and neck Mr. Hudson! I know it's a good match up.

Third rate Bruno is holding his own but we'll soon leave his dopey ass in the dust.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever noticed that the only ones who talk about incestuous and plural marriages are those who are against same-gender marriages?...
No.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever noticed that the only ones who talk about incestuous and plural marriages are those who are against same-gender marriages?
And they call us depraved...
By the way, using your own ridiculous "slippery slope" argument, you can trace all of these issues back to the fact that the government got involved in marriage.
If the government had never given any special rights and protections to married couples in the first place then nobody--not gays, not bigamists, not anyone--would be seeking legal marriage.
We'd all just go to the church of our choice and get married.
I honestly can't agree with the "slippery slope" label, as you're right in the rest of your post. I can't see the issue any other way, except to note it as a logical implication, not a slippery slope.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
The government in the country you live says you need a license to marry
Why? One can marry whom ever one wishes without government recognition.
. Why do I need a license to drive? Fly a place? Practice medicine etc.
The gov want to know u r qualified for the license it grants.
I want the same rights as a heterosexual couple that's all just equality.
So find yourself a nice lesbian girl, and get married. You'll get the same rights. Equality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 162,401 - 162,420 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Berkeley News Video

•••
•••

Berkeley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Berkeley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE