Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,844)

Showing posts 156,861 - 156,880 of200,209
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's the other way around. You are scared to talk of poly.
How many same sex marriages have you been to fruitcake?
How many of the people you love are homosexuals?
Have you served in the Coast Guard with a brave gay man and kept his sexuality a secret because of the tremendous bigotry in the military in the sixties?
I have the right to be proud of my very low level of bigotry. You, probably not so much.
I am not afraid of Poly
I am not afraid of women in the front lines of battle
I am not afraid of the decline of the influence of religion in America

I am not the one trying to censor others
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you only want to discuss things you are not actually for, but want to pretend to be for.
I am not trying to censor you, I am laughing at you telling others to stay on topic.
You are scared to death that someone might actually be on topic, which is same sex marriage
The only one scared here is you. Afraid to discuss the topic without censoring out subjects that make you uncomfortable.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one scared here is you. Afraid to discuss the topic without censoring out subjects that make you uncomfortable.
Look I donít want to choke and die laughing at you.:)

so maybe I am a little afraid

you are so transparent, do you have difficulty with people not seeing you when they enter a room?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Look I donít want to choke and die laughing at you.:)
so maybe I am a little afraid
you are so transparent, do you have difficulty with people not seeing you when they enter a room?
Another lame straw man. Yawn.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lame straw man. Yawn.
I just forwarded the last two pages to fifty people I know on topix. I see your vote total going way way up.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not afraid of Poly
I am not afraid of women in the front lines of battle
I am not afraid of the decline of the influence of religion in America
I am not the one trying to censor others
?

Sure you are.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I just forwarded the last two pages to fifty people I know on topix. I see your vote total going way way up.
I am in your head real bad now eh, tough guy? Rent free! Boy does it stink in here! Smells like desperation!

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in your head real bad now eh, tough guy? Rent free! Boy does it stink in here! Smells like desperation!
What We Do
Topix is a forum to discover and discuss what you want about the people, places and things that matter to you.

We provide news and discussion forums for every city and town in the United States as well as hundreds of thousands of other topics.

We encourage the free exchange of views and opinions. Try to be interesting. It would be easier on all of us if you were polite. If it upsets you that the free expression of ideas is often heated and offensive, please do not use Topix.

Topix cooperates with legitimate law enforcement, school officials requests & DMCA Complaints and we respect your privacy.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I just forwarded the last two pages to fifty people I know on topix. I see your vote total going way way up.
Well, lets make sure they see some of your fine posts such as this one:

"Jazybird58" wrote:
"Doing your wife in her azz. To damn easy if you ask me."

Nice! Proves I'm wrong?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>What We Do
Topix is a forum to discover and discuss what you want about the people, places and things that matter to you.
We provide news and discussion forums for every city and town in the United States as well as hundreds of thousands of other topics.
We encourage the free exchange of views and opinions. Try to be interesting. It would be easier on all of us if you were polite. If it upsets you that the free expression of ideas is often heated and offensive, please do not use Topix.
Topix cooperates with legitimate law enforcement, school officials requests & DMCA Complaints and we respect your privacy.
"Jazybird58" wrote:
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>What We Do
"Jazybird58" wrote:

"This is to damn easy, I almost feel bad for my actions. But hey Frankiee is an asshat, and requires my attention, its the right thing to do. The fool does not understand that all he need do is click the big red x and go bye bye. Nope day after day he returns so I can beat him about the head and shoulders. Now I Ask you, the voting public, Am I wrong for doing it?"
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>What We Do
Jazybird58 wrote:

"157 people, 157 individuals all think the same thing, your an asshat. Atta boy"
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>What We Do
Jazybird58 wrote:

LOL I know, trouble frankiee is stoooopid. He cant fathom that so many people consider hin a moron.

And it goes on and on and on...!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Poor jazybirdy58 will soon be running to the mods whining and crying Frankie is so mean! And I'll have to change my name again.

Meanwhile jazybird's jackass registered profile never gets banished! Funny that.

Banished! Disappeared. Like in some cheesy third world banana republic! You must be proud.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

"Jazybird58" wrote:

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
It's voluntary, and women have already been in combat - in harm's way - without the ability to have the same titles or ability for advancement as the men.
We shouldn't take advantage of volunteers, not everyone qualifies for combat operations.

Quest wrote:
Now, if they can make the grade - THEY can choose.
Women have failed combat training courses for years, they can't meet the physical standards. They are more prone to injury too. Don't harm women by forcing them to the same standards as men, have separate units for females and males. Give our volunteers personal space, don't force them to be your social experiment.

Quest wrote:
It's THEIR choice - not yours.
It's our choice, women in combat units, alongside men, is wrong. It hurts our military, causes death and injury to male and female troops and harms moral. Let's treat our bravest with human dignity and not ask them to suffer the indignities of war alongside our daughters, wives, mothers and sisters. Stop the madness!

“I'm walkin' here!”

Since: May 12

New York, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you only want to discuss things you are not actually for, but want to pretend to be for...
You're losing it, Fruitloops. Get a grip.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Enrico Salvatore Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're losing it, Fruitloops. Get a grip.
I can imagine your wedding, if only people knew what you have been saying here.

I can see your sister diving to avoid the bouquet

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are the picture of defective failure. Mating behavior gone abusive with NOTHING to show for it.
The vote of the IL senate did nothing to change that reality. No vote can.
Reality rules.
Smile.
The reality is the IL Senate passed gay marriage legislation.
LOL @ you.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhhhhh Rosie but they do. ALL men have to same right to marry, enter into a legally recognized conjugal union of husband AND wife. As do all women to do the same. Marriage still requires a commonly accepted, and understood meaning. That wasn't so hard to understand.
That's like saying everybody had the right to marry someone of the same race, so Loving v Va wasn't needed.

A man has the right to marry a woman, so a woman should have that same right.
A woman has the right to marry a man, so a man should have that same right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 156,861 - 156,880 of200,209
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Berkeley News Video

•••
•••

Berkeley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Berkeley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE