Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,843)

Showing posts 156,841 - 156,860 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, why not keep posting the same post?
I re post it because it doesn't seem to be sinking into your thick head. Or maybe I used words too big?

You'll read it and then post the same dopey stuff as if you didn't read it.

Your dumb position seems to be some polygamists are bad and poly has a bad image therefore I cannot discuss poly MARRIAGE equality on a MARRIAGE eqiuality forum.

And in order for you to allow me to even mention it, I must go to fkn SCOTUS first!

What a jerk!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
More gay men molest children than men in poly marriages. Should we outlaw gay marriage?
More heterosexual men molest children than gay men, should we outlaw heterosexual marriage?

That isnít the issue dummy

The issue is again, one of image, you could not get enough signatures on the ballot until you find more responsible people to represent your case. THAT is what you need to correct
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do I have to tell you dummy, I don't want five wives. I want to discuss marriage equality.
You are (supposed to be) discussing gay marriage, do you want to marry a man? If not stop discussing it!
See how silly you are?
And one of those wives is your sister, and maybe your dog

Yeah, we heard you
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You still are, by the playbook
No, you are remember?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>"it is understood I am talking about COMMITTED CONSENSUAL ADULTS.
In every case of opposite sex, same sex, incest and poly marriage. Get it"
I posted you a link, thats not the case in EVERY poly marriage. Why do you support child molestation?
That's not the case in many thousands of monogamous marriages either.

Many, many more people in monogamous marriages are child abusers than in poly marriages BY FAR.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are remember?
NO I am not attacking everyone for same sex marriage and defending everyone against same sex marriage, you are.

and using a playbook from decades ago

and it isnít working too well for you is it?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
More heterosexual men molest children than gay men, should we outlaw heterosexual marriage?
The issue is again, one of image, you could not get enough signatures on the ballot until you find more responsible people to represent your case. THAT is what you need to correct
Oh! So is that your only reason to try and not allow me to even mention the word POLYGAMY? That it has a bad image and it will be hard to enact? Same thing happened with ssm remember?

You'll be surprised at how fast images can change with education. But you shouldn't be, you saw it happen with same sex marriage.

Come on Jackass get your sh!t together and try again.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
More gay men molest children than men in poly marriages. Should we outlaw gay marriage?
I call BULLSHIT. Its a cold fact that you are OH so wrong.

"Adoption expert, Carrie Craft cites the Child Welfare Information Gateway (previously National Adoption Information Clearinghouse) as stating, "A child's risk of being molested by his or her relatives' heterosexual partner is over one hundred times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual." The study also found that of 269 cases of child sex abuse, only two offenders where found to be gay or lesbian. The American Psychological Association agrees, "Another myth about homosexuality is the mistaken belief that gay men have more of a tendency than heterosexual men to sexually molest children. There is no evidence to suggest that homosexuals molest children."

http://www.google.com/url...

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I re post it because it doesn't seem to be sinking into your thick head. Or maybe I used words too big?
You'll read it and then post the same dopey stuff as if you didn't read it.
Your dumb position seems to be some polygamists are bad and poly has a bad image therefore I cannot discuss poly MARRIAGE equality on a MARRIAGE eqiuality forum.
And in order for you to allow me to even mention it, I must go to fkn SCOTUS first!
What a jerk!
How many times do I have to tell you, I am not against Poly marriage? 100, 1000, a million???
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>If I where gay, then I would want the choice to marry.
How many times do I have to tell you, I am not against Poly marriage? 100, 1000, a million???
I'll believe you are not against those child abusing, welfare cheating polygamists when you believe I am not against gay marriage.

Interesting fact for you fruitcake. The reason you perceive welfare fraud in the poly community is because multiple spouses are not allowed.

Therefore only one wife can be on a joint return, the other wives the GOVERNMENT considers single. If the government allowed them to be married, that problem that they created will go away.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I call BULLSHIT. Its a cold fact that you are OH so wrong.
"Adoption expert, Carrie Craft cites the Child Welfare Information Gateway (previously National Adoption Information Clearinghouse) as stating, "A child's risk of being molested by his or her relatives' heterosexual partner is over one hundred times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual." The study also found that of 269 cases of child sex abuse, only two offenders where found to be gay or lesbian. The American Psychological Association agrees, "Another myth about homosexuality is the mistaken belief that gay men have more of a tendency than heterosexual men to sexually molest children. There is no evidence to suggest that homosexuals molest children."
Trot out all the rhetoric you like it's all ignorant bullsh!t used by haters.

Give me numbers jackass. I'll tell you right now I am correct. Many many more men in monogamous marriages are child abusers than men in poly marriages.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I call BULLSHIT. Its a cold fact that you are OH so wrong.
More gay men molest children than men in polygamous gay or straight marriages. I stand by my statement.

More straight men in monogamous marriages molest children than straight men in poly marriages.

The end.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! So is that your only reason to try and not allow me to even mention the word POLYGAMY? That it has a bad image and it will be hard to enact? Same thing happened with ssm remember?
You'll be surprised at how fast images can change with education. But you shouldn't be, you saw it happen with same sex marriage.
Come on Jackass get your sh!t together and try again.
Idiot I never said we should not allow polygamy, I said it was not likely to be allowed for the next decade or so, but not because of me

I said you have an image problem, which is why you would not succeed right now.

You cannot even recognize it, so you are blindsided by it
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
NO I am not attacking everyone for same sex marriage and defending everyone against same sex marriage, you are.
and using a playbook from decades ago
and it isnít working too well for you is it?
You have it backwards again. You are suing the old playbook, and poorly. You trot out all the old arguments that were used against same sex marriage.

Don't you understand irony son?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot I never said we should not allow polygamy, I said it was not likely to be allowed for the next decade or so, but not because of me
I said you have an image problem, which is why you would not succeed right now.
You cannot even recognize it, so you are blindsided by it
How many times are you going to repeat that poly has an image problem? So what?

You have no good argument against it but you wish you did. Try harder.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I would buy a ticket to watch Frankie try to gather signatures promoting polygamy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times are you going to repeat that poly has an image problem? So what?
You have no good argument against it but you wish you did. Try harder.
I am not arguing you fool, Iím just laughing at you
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it backwards again. You are suing the old playbook, and poorly. You trot out all the old arguments that were used against same sex marriage.
Don't you understand irony son?
Wrong again

I am not opposed to same sex marriage
I am not particularly opposed to poly marriage

you are just too stupid to comprehend what other people are saying
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
I would buy a ticket to watch Frankie try to gather signatures promoting polygamy.
I won't be doing that. So save your money.

I can discuss polygamy without gathering signatures and you can discuss same sex marriages without gathering signatures. Got that Miss Thing?

If I mention traditional man/woman marriage no one panics, why do you panic when I mention poly marriage?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not arguing you fool, Iím just laughing at you
ha ha so funny! poly has an image problem.

ha ha polygamists are child abusers and welfare cheats yuk yuk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 156,841 - 156,860 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Berkeley Discussions

Search the Berkeley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 40 min Hey stupid 17,758
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Foes 15,666
Review: Vernon L Ellicott Law Offices (Nov '09) 3 hr George Shaw 27
Oakland 2014 Murder Rate. 5 hr OMF 37
Justices strike down Contra Costa family court ... (Aug '07) 6 hr TEnd 45
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Lug Heads 7,300
The Top Brunch Spots in Oakland 8 hr Amused 1
•••
•••

Berkeley News Video

•••
Berkeley Dating

more search filters

less search filters