Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
156,001 - 156,020 of 200,358 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so if it was a rhetoric question, why did you chastise those who you felt didn't answer it????
C'mon Frankie boy, try and get your story straight.
BTW Why are you filled with so much anger?
I chastised them because they refuse to get on topic and were just trying to attack me, like you are doing now.

Why are you so angry about me attempting to discuss marriage? Is it just the mention of polygamy that angers you so?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I want you to bring your wife on so we can discuss it with her.
of course you are not actually interested yourself, the slippery slope argument is only made by people trying to influence others to their position.
Want in one hand sh!t in the other, see which one fills up first. Let me know.

If you were better educated and smarter you'd explain how the slippery slope is real but inconsequential and no reason to deny gay marriage like I am trying to do. Instead of tying to bullsh!t us that it is not real or some kind of trick.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
again are these rhetorical questions, or are you really interested in answers. Please indicate if your questions are genuine or rhetorical
Please stop dicking around and discuss the topic.

You've tried all your best insults, now it's time for your opinions and thoughts on marriage equality.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
I don't want 5 wives; I just want to be able to marry one.
You can! But be careful what you wish for!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I chastised them because they refuse to get on topic and were just trying to attack me, like you are doing now.
Why are you so angry about me attempting to discuss marriage? Is it just the mention of polygamy that angers you so?
not angry just tried of equating same sex marriage and polygamy as the same issue.

they're not. I stated my reasons against polygamy.

marriage is a social contract between two consenting adults. Not granting those legal rights to same sex couples is unconstitutional IMO.
There are a host of legal issues when it comes to multiple adults in one marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Want in one hand sh!t in the other, see which one fills up first. Let me know.
If you were better educated and smarter you'd explain how the slippery slope is real but inconsequential and no reason to deny gay marriage like I am trying to do. Instead of tying to bullsh!t us that it is not real or some kind of trick.
I already am better educated and smarter than you Frankie, but that doesnít make me special, just about everyone is.

I am not trying to bulls!it anyone, I am for what I say I am for, I donít use slippery slope arguments to try and derail others. I donít attack people who are for gay marriage, I donít defend those who unreasonably object to it.

You who call everyone names non-stop should not be complaining about people attacking you, it sounds so much like......( drum roll please ) hypocrisy

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've tried all your best insults, now it's time for your opinions and thoughts on marriage equality.
Frankie, Frankie Frankie...

I gave my opinion in my very first post today...

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TH6FC2...
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I already am better educated and smarter than you Frankie, but that doesnít make me special, just about everyone is.
I am not trying to bulls!it anyone, I am for what I say I am for, I donít use slippery slope arguments to try and derail others. I donít attack people who are for gay marriage, I donít defend those who unreasonably object to it.
You who call everyone names non-stop should not be complaining about people attacking you, it sounds so much like......( drum roll please ) hypocrisy
Look what Big D's nick name should be, the idiotfinder, as he constantly calls everybody stupid.

So who is brighter, me or Frankie, considering you think we are both stupid?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The votes keep stacking up way to go
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>The votes keep stacking up way to go
Really?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Look what Big D's nick name should be, the idiotfinder, as he constantly calls everybody stupid.
Brighter than __________ Brian_G close but no cigar

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Don't pout some one gave you one.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not using the slippery slope argument to hurt your feelings. I am trying to tell you how to deal with it. If you would read the excellent paper by the UCLA professor on the slippery slope you would get some great tips on how to deal with it intelligently. By saying yes it is real, but here's why it doesn't matter. Then you be even more educated and smarter!

P.S. Maybe tell the University of CA you don't think I deserve my MS Geology with a 3.8 GPA! They think I'm smart enough for it. Maybe I should get my money back?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie, Frankie Frankie...
I gave my opinion in my very first post today...
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TH6FC2...
I'm not really interested in your narrow views on religion though.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
not angry just tried of equating same sex marriage and polygamy as the same issue.
they're not. I stated my reasons against polygamy.
marriage is a social contract between two consenting adults. Not granting those legal rights to same sex couples is unconstitutional IMO.
There are a host of legal issues when it comes to multiple adults in one marriage.
Right. Polygamy's too complicated. Maybe we'll get to see how that flies with SCOTUS some day. Is that your whole argument counselor?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D is the self professed BRIGHTEST POSTER on this thread doncha know?

He got a telescope!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why you mad?? Now as far as blowing you. You don't have a spine, I am sure you can rubber neck it. Do you swallow your own load?
No what does your taste like? Salty? I've heard that from women. I have never nor will I ever taste one.

But if you're gay and like to do it, nothing wrong with it! I certainly have no objections! Sex is fun! Enjoy!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>poor Boi, are you having a melt down??????? Call 911, they might just care.
No.

You're a useless troll. Be OK if you were the least bit funny, but you're just dumb with no argument.

Maybe call me gay a few more times! Point out your ignrance and bigotry again! That's fun.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He got a telescope!
Donít lie now Frankie, I said nearly everyone is brighter than you, I am not special at all.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He got a telescope!
I see you have your intellectual equal defending you... LargeLanguage :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Berkeley Discussions

Search the Berkeley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Abdullah OBrian 18,591
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 16 hr Bob 16,861
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 19 hr Fly right 4,893
READ To Fine Help on Traveling Tue jil hoeseller 2
Oakland; the city of RAPE Tue jil hoeseller 2
repeated tire damage Tue jil hoeseller 2
9400 Boyz Oakland, CA (Nov '09) Tue jil hoeseller 61
•••
•••

Berkeley News Video

•••
•••

Berkeley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000