Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
155,461 - 155,480 of 200,620 Comments Last updated 27 min ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178258 Feb 3, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>How cute. A gay is wrapped in his own words. Gays are hated by their parents, yours hated you. Suicide is the result of this hate. Your dad was on the rag, and he made you into a monster. Mutation? Gosh, gays are mutations from cross bred pigs and apes. Doesn't work.
Gay people are only hated by very bad parents, the kind of people that should not be having children.

I know many gay people that are dearly loved by their parents

Someone would have to be very sick indeed to hate their children because they happen to be gay, those kinds of parents should have their children removed for their own benefit, gay or not
Sad passings

Monrovia, CA

#178259 Feb 3, 2013
A former Navy SEAL who wrote "American Sniper," a book about his lethal career as a marksman in Iraq, was shot to death with another man at a gun range near Stephenville, Texas.

Chris Kyle, 38, and the other man were found dead
a gunman, identified as Eddie Ray Routh of Lancaster, Texas, was arrested.

Kyle, a Texas native was credited with 160 confirmed kills, including one in 2008 in which he said he fired from 2,100 yards away -- 1.2 miles.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178260 Feb 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people are only hated by very bad parents, the kind of people that should not be having children.
I know many gay people that are dearly loved by their parents
Someone would have to be very sick indeed to hate their children because they happen to be gay, those kinds of parents should have their children removed for their own benefit, gay or not
Nice!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178261 Feb 3, 2013
RizzoWalMart wrote:
I'm opposed to the Wal-Mart grocery store in Torrance.
Does the public know that Wal-Mart pays poverty wages? Does the public know that the Waltons are one the richest families in the world?
According to the Forbes 400 list, they're worth a combined $107.8 billion.
Full-time Wal-Mart employees earn $12.89 an hour, which places them in that poverty level.
Go for it Rizzo of Bell, Ca..
Your town sucks.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178262 Feb 3, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>So what makes you think that a few same sex marriage states, less than slave states, is an indication that you will get your desire to marry dogs and children. It will never happen. The more rational gays know this, so they commit suicide. You insane gays just stick around long enough to poop on the lawn and leave it messy before you leave.
Pop, dogs, and children. Yeah, these are the thoughts of a rational man.

You are as bad as Kimare. I ought to know.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#178263 Feb 3, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a sad attempt to generalize, pal. There is no such thing as an "anti-gay homophobe", because the term originated in psychiatric circles, used to describe self-loathing in latent homosexuals. The only homophobes are the gays who experience self-hatred and self-denial. Are they bigots ? Who's to say, as they are judging themselves ? They have that right. And to attempt to claim that there no gays, anywhere, wishing to marry children is such an unadulterated lie, that it makes you look foolish. You should stick to facts, and not make up silly little lies that can be examined and found to be false. You run the risk of appearing to be nothing short of another "JodieDoDo", or a "Chongo"... At least, you haven't slipped into "LittleBrain" territory...
The best you can do is argue semantics? You know exactly what is meant by the terms in the current popular usage.

Do you have some sort of logical argument, other than pretending intellectual superiority?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#178264 Feb 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're talking about it. You know what that means Fruitcake! According to yourself you're an anti-gay bigot.
What a dope!
Silly troll. Do you have a rational argument to present?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178265 Feb 3, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly troll. Do you have a rational argument to present?
Yes I do, glad you asked!

My rational argument is that if gender is irrelevant to marriage, number is too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178266 Feb 3, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
The best you can do is argue semantics? You know exactly what is meant by the terms in the current popular usage.
Do you have some sort of logical argument, other than pretending intellectual superiority?
I do! Glad you asked.

On what grounds do you insist upon the traditional, arbitrary and exclusionary number of two?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#178272 Feb 3, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a sad attempt to generalize, pal. There is no such thing as an "anti-gay homophobe", because the term originated in psychiatric circles, used to describe self-loathing in latent homosexuals. The only homophobes are the gays who experience self-hatred and self-denial. Are they bigots ? Who's to say, as they are judging themselves ? They have that right. And to attempt to claim that there no gays, anywhere, wishing to marry children is such an unadulterated lie, that it makes you look foolish. You should stick to facts, and not make up silly little lies that can be examined and found to be false. You run the risk of appearing to be nothing short of another "JodieDoDo", or a "Chongo"... At least, you haven't slipped into "LittleBrain" territory...
A Google search that takes all of 5 seconds proves that you don't know what you are talking about. But then, that's been obvious all along.

Weinberg's term became an important tool for gay and lesbian activists, advocates, and their allies. He describes the concept as a medical phobia:

a phobia about homosexuals.... It was a fear of homosexuals which seemed to be associated with a fear of contagion, a fear of reducing the things one fought for home and family. It was a religious fear and it had led to great brutality as fear always does.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178273 Feb 3, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
That describes you as well! Remember when you written in your headline beneath your username? "A.K.A. Mikey Rizzo".
Yes. Of course I remember. I did that to make it clear my old profile had been disappeared like in some seedy banana republic due to my improper thoughts, but I was still the same old political criminal as when I went by Mike DiRucci.

The reason you don't get disappeared is that your posts aren't provocative, they're just dumb. In other words, you're a dope and present no threat to approved thought. And that's the same reason you get little response from me.

Hope that helps Fruitloops!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178275 Feb 3, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
A Google search that takes all of 5 seconds proves that you don't know what you are talking about. But then, that's been obvious all along.
Weinberg's term became an important tool for gay and lesbian activists, advocates, and their allies. He describes the concept as a medical phobia:
a phobia about homosexuals.... It was a fear of homosexuals which seemed to be associated with a fear of contagion, a fear of reducing the things one fought for home and family. It was a religious fear and it had led to great brutality as fear always does.
I suspect the real reason the word "homophobia" was coined is to inflame any-gay bigots. As such using it is no better than the people it was designed to be used against. It's inflammatory. And meant to be. So be it. Don't bullsh!t us otherwise.

What's wrong with just plain "bigot"? Or maybe make up a neat sounding one that better describes the reality.

This should be good.
Slappy Sanchez ESQ

Lindenhurst, NY

#178277 Feb 3, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homophobia is healthy.
Is A.I.D.S. a disease or a cure?
Rush

Columbus, NE

#178278 Feb 3, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How cute! Now the little boy mikey is spreading his insecurities of approval and attention onto us! He knows I'm the big bad round here, but he doesn't like it!
You think your the big bad, but you are just a speck of fly sh!t in a pile of pepper.
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#178281 Feb 3, 2013
Hey! I'm looking for like-minded fun and exciting guys interested in exchanging nude pics. Blacks and gingers especially. Also up for nude Skype chatting.
I'm discreet and clean. Get back to me for further. I'm the real deal so don't expect to be disappointed.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#178282 Feb 3, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Look child, that fastest man to run the greatest distance was man, child.
You are such a fu@king moron!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178283 Feb 3, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homophobia is healthy.
No it's not. It's stupid.
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#178284 Feb 3, 2013
Skype'd with three guys last night. Totally nude. Got to show off my new pink panties too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178285 Feb 3, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Pop, dogs, and children. Yeah, these are the thoughts of a rational man.
You are as bad as Kimare. I ought to know.
You ought to.
Bore On

Monrovia, CA

#178286 Feb 3, 2013
Was the last poster a:

1.) Out of towner?

2.) A bore on?

3.) Just a out of work idiot?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay speech in Richmond draws scrutiny 19 min Belle Sexton 9
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 25 min papersup 15,971
Quan's Legacy. 5 hr Quan the Boob 58
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr punch tips 7,935
Crowded field a challenge for Oakland mayor, vo... 17 hr Quan must be gone 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 23 hr see the light 18,888
•••

Berkeley News Video

•••
•••

Berkeley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Berkeley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••