Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
155,201 - 155,220 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

The Wilmington Project wrote:
Any opinions on the subject of self-serving, narcissistic sophistry?
LOL That is what most posts in this fourm are!
IdaHooks

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

How are those IdaHookers doing today?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I point out, most same sex marriage supporters use insults because they don't base their views on rationality. They base their views on the good feeling of being inclusive, tolerant and enlightened.
Same sex marriage is like the ersatz equality of women in combat roles.
<quoted text>The US Supreme Court has ruled, wardens can't restrict a prisoner's right to marriage. So, more likely prison chaplains and lay prisons will be performing forced prison marriages in the event of same sex marrage.
<quoted text>Try to think about the consequences of your radical redefinition of marriage before you change the law.
<quoted text>Many same sex marriage supporters think the question,'would it make society better' is stupid; they ask,'will it bring equality'. They prefer equality to anything else.
I wonder do you lay awake at night thinking of this crap to post? You cant be for real, surley your not that damn stupid are you?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical of black or mexican immigrants, child!
Sorry, dolt. They are overwhelmingly white.... by the millions.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder do you lay awake at night thinking of this crap to post? You cant be for real, surley your not that damn stupid are you?
What a dopey post. Think it up for yourself Fruitloops? Or did you get a message from your tin foilhat?

YUK!YUK!YUK! What a jackass!
IdaHooks

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Get in line you fool.
Mocker

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, go after the criminals, not the polygamists for chrissakes!
Some black people commit welfare fraud...see where I'm going with this?
I do but I also read that 65% of polygamists are on welfare vs. 6% of the "general" population. That 65% is probably about 500 people(okay maybe a 1000, I dunno) vs. the 6% of the general population which probably numbers in the millions and millions. So yeah, that small group, while committing a lot of welfare fraud among their group, is only a tiny fraction of all the welfare fraud committed in the U.S.
Mocker

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít have any god to say about anything LOL
( just kidding I have typos all the time, but that one was funny )
but seriously, I honestly donít care about poly marriage. I donít like the way some people abuse it, but the concept itself I donít have a problem with.
face/desk. They're not abusing poly marriage (from a welfare perspective), they're abusing poly NON marriage. Go back to the whole "they're not married so the mom's can claim to be single mother's and collect welfare" stuff....
What a JOKE

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

WOW CRAZY

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dopey post. Think it up for yourself Fruitloops? Or did you get a message from your tin foilhat?
YUK!YUK!YUK! What a jackass!
Do you think that low of your self, you seem to feel the need to launch into verbal abuse with every post. Seek help from a professional, I am sure that drugs can help you out. Until then carry on, we understand.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Mocker wrote:
<quoted text>
I do but I also read that 65% of polygamists are on welfare vs. 6% of the "general" population. That 65% is probably about 500 people(okay maybe a 1000, I dunno) vs. the 6% of the general population which probably numbers in the millions and millions. So yeah, that small group, while committing a lot of welfare fraud among their group, is only a tiny fraction of all the welfare fraud committed in the U.S.
I call bullshit. Prove it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think that low of your self, you seem to feel the need to launch into verbal abuse with every post. Seek help from a professional, I am sure that drugs can help you out. Until then carry on, we understand.
Do you recommend your shrink Fruitcake? He didn't work for you.

You don't understand shit jackass!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I do hate you. But I'm much smarter than you.
I'm sure that you are not. In fact, I'd bet that it took you a long time to learn not to stare at an orange juice box just because it said concentrate.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I call bullshit. Prove it.
Why should he do that, google it little boi
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You are calling someone else ugly!? Damn, you hardly look human.
And I do fear that I'd risk my life if I put a pic of my face up, because fundies are violent, hateful and racist. That doesn't mean they are the only people who ever commit violent crimes. Now go back to typing "pants down" into search engines.
Yes, I am pretty sure that you are as ugly as sin...Have you been shopping lately? They are selling lives at the mall, you should get one. Or, are you afraid that someone in the world would put you out of our misery ?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you recommend your shrink Fruitcake? He didn't work for you.
You don't understand shit jackass!
Better yet, may I suggest you put an end to your miserable exastance. Or just move to lets say Iran. Have a great big wonderful day, dickface
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Heteroguy wrote:
<quoted text>
So true.....I'm genuinely puzzled about why same sex supporters feel threatened by anyone else having rights to marriage.
That's an easy one.. It's because they are the very bigots that they accuse us of being. They do not want to watch others get the same treatment that they want to receive, because it might cheapen what they get...They are being elitists..
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunk posting, again?
I don't care if you are drunk or sober, I just wish that you were intelligent..
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That isnít the problem, you would indeed hope that votes didnít count if the majority of brown eyed people put up a ballot and passed a proposition to deny blue eyed people the vote
Such a measure would be deemed unconstitutional, and rightly so.
The problem is that we allow unconstitutional measures to be voted on in the first place.
How out of state interests and strong arm their own flocks to come up with loads of cash to fund an unconstitutional measure. That is what we need to fix
How typical of you....He states that we have no voice or control, and you post that we must take control....Brilliant.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why should he do that, google it little boi
The burden of proof is on him jackass. Make a bullshit claim, you gotta prove it. Don't ask me to prove it dummy.

What a dope!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Southern Hazard 4,980
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Mike Brown High C... 18,762
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr marching banded 15,931
Quan's Legacy. 6 hr Quan must be gone 57
Debate: Ferguson - Oakland, CA 7 hr TBL 3
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 15 hr Brittle Fingers 16,902
Antioch decides not to raise minimum wage 16 hr Antioch sense1964 1

Search the Berkeley Forum:
•••

Berkeley News Video

•••
Berkeley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Berkeley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000