Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rush

Columbus, NE

#177723 Jan 30, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost child! Do you blush and feel embarrassed when they see mother outdoing you at work and in life?
No way man! I would be happy for her to be doing that at her age. I dont hate old people like you do, so I wouldnt feel that way. You are a sad person. I pity you.
LifeSupp

Monrovia, CA

#177724 Jan 30, 2013
It's game over for the Republican's and their silly little people that hold them up, like the tea party member's
LifeSupp

Monrovia, CA

#177725 Jan 30, 2013
It's game over for the Republican's and their silly little people that hold them up, like the tea party member's.

They might have to leave the country and start a new one of their own, maybe a good communist country will do for the likes of them.

They need a little more support to allow them all to jump over the edge.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#177726 Jan 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Another day on the Largelanguage and Rush silly insult thread.
With off topic dopey comments by Big Dope and Janey-Doody!
A special post about God by Reverend Big Dope soon!
and more off tpoic posts from Mormon Rizzo as well
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177727 Jan 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and more off tpoic posts from Mormon Rizzo as well
Don't you agree that religion doesn't belong in a thread about MARRIAGE EQUALITY?

Don't you agree the GAY MARRIAGE RIGHTS logically lead to poly MARRIAGE RIGHTS?

P.S. Your ignorance and bigotry is glaringly obvious with the Mormon comment. Got any good ones against blacks? Hispanics? polyamorists?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#177728 Jan 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you agree that religion doesn't belong in a thread about MARRIAGE EQUALITY?
P.S. Your ignorance and bigotry is glaringly obvious with the Mormon comment. Got any good ones against blacks? Hispanics? polyamorists?
I do agree that the decline in religion in America will probably make this a non-issue, there are no groups bringing this up an issue, just one idiot on an internet forum.

I have not stated an opinion other than I don’t really care… neither do most people, it just is not an issue.

Please stay on topic
LipSupp

Monrovia, CA

#177729 Jan 30, 2013
Lip Support or lip service is all you will get from the GOP. Republicans or Tea Party member's.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#177730 Jan 30, 2013
LipSupp wrote:
Lip Support or lip service is all you will get from the GOP. Republicans or Tea Party member's.
still drinking your hater aid? Why do u want a one party system are u communist?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#177731 Jan 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
so now you are using the off topic card....lol...you post hate for Christians on every thread you are on Bigot Dope. How funny.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#177732 Jan 30, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And while your stupid ass is at it, why don't you explain again how the LGBT people are the peaceful ones, and how the heterosexuals are the dangerous, violent ones?
I never said that.
But I have said you are freakishly ugly.
And then, please correlate that BS of yours with this:
A transgender man has been charged with killing a young Wilmington woman last year in a crime that sparked outrage among residents concerned with violence in their community.
Angel Guevara Bello, 32, of Wilmington appeared Wednesday for arraignment in Long Beach court on one count of murder in the Jan. 2, 2012, slaying of Cristian "Cristy" Zugey Alvarez. The proceeding was postponed to Jan. 30. Guevara Bello was held on more than $1 million bail.
Guevara Bello is suspected of killing Alvarez, a 28-year-old mother of two children whose body was discovered under bushes and behind a large wrought iron fence next to the train tracks on L Street near Hyatt Avenue.
Police said the Wilmington woman's throat was cut and her pants had been pulled down.
Los Angeles police Capt. William Hayes, who heads his department's robbery-homicide investigative bureau, declined to release details about the motive for the slaying, saying the circumstances and evidence will be saved for court proceedings. Hayes, captain of the Harbor Division at the time of the slaying, said witness statements and physical evidence led to Guevara Bello.
Please, feel free to lie, embellish, fabricate, and twist anything that you may find convenient, in order to bolster your BS...
Sad story. Hope the murderer is put in jail for life.

You spend a lot of time typing "transgender man pants down" into search engines?

North Hollywood, CA

#177733 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Wizard, we don't hate them, just have a firm opinion about what constitutes a genuine marriage, that is all.
LOL. Just admit you hate gay people.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#177734 Jan 30, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
No way man! I would be happy for her to be doing that at her age. I dont hate old people like you do, so I wouldnt feel that way. You are a sad person. I pity you.
So she is older than you? So you finally reckognize mine and every other older persons superioty?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#177735 Jan 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>so now you are using the off topic card....lol...you post hate for Christians on every thread you are on Bigot Dope. How funny.
On I only play the Off Topic card on the worst offender, who constantly plays it on others. It is just humor, not something you are familiar with

North Hollywood, CA

#177736 Jan 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I point out, most same sex marriage supporters use insults because they don't base their views on rationality. They base their views on the good feeling of being inclusive, tolerant and enlightened.
Same sex marriage is like the ersatz equality of women in combat roles.
I insult you because you are a smeg head and you are stupid.
But my augment is based on the promise of equal protection under the law we are promised. Nothing about feelings. A man can marry a woman, a woman should have that same right. A woman can marry a man a man should have that same right.
And nothing at all about women in combat...

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The US Supreme Court has ruled, wardens can't restrict a prisoner's right to marriage. So, more likely prison chaplains and lay prisons will be performing forced prison marriages in the event of same sex marrage.
Stupid, you can't be forced to marry.
Next.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Try to think about the consequences of your radical redefinition of marriage before you change the law.
Well, idiot, tell us what has happened in places where gay marriage is legal. Plagues of locusts? People have been forced to marry others in prison? Humans have stopped reproducing? Well, moron, put up, or STFU. Deal?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Many same sex marriage supporters think the question,'would it make society better' is stupid; they ask,'will it bring equality'. They prefer equality to anything else.
And?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177737 Jan 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree that the decline in religion in America will probably make this a non-issue, there are no groups bringing this up an issue, just one idiot on an internet forum.
I have not stated an opinion other than I don’t really care… neither do most people, it just is not an issue.
Please stay on topic
I am on topic. You're not.

The topic is marriage equality. It applies to poly too even though you don't want it to.

You wish to deny rights to poly but you cannot say that without revealing your hypocrisy, so you whine that it's off topic and say you don't care about poly marriage rights. Yet you care about same sex marriage rights.

Yet your constant harping on religion like some crazed fundie is somehow supposed to be on topic.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#177738 Jan 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
On I only play the Off Topic card on the worst offender, who constantly plays it on others. It is just humor, not something you are familiar with
Another wannabe off topic lawyer like Jane Dodo, child?
Rush

Columbus, NE

#177742 Jan 30, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So she is older than you? So you finally reckognize mine and every other older persons superioty?
It would be pretty hard for my mom to be younger than me. You need to talk to someone to explain to you how things work. I respect older people if they deserve it. You dont. You are superior to no one, therefore you deserve nothing from anyone except pity.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#177743 Jan 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I point out, most same sex marriage supporters use insults because they don't base their views on rationality. They base their views on the good feeling of being inclusive, tolerant and enlightened.
Same sex marriage is like the ersatz equality of women in combat roles.
<quoted text>The US Supreme Court has ruled, wardens can't restrict a prisoner's right to marriage. So, more likely prison chaplains and lay prisons will be performing forced prison marriages in the event of same sex marrage.
<quoted text>Try to think about the consequences of your radical redefinition of marriage before you change the law.
<quoted text>Many same sex marriage supporters think the question,'would it make society better' is stupid; they ask,'will it bring equality'. They prefer equality to anything else.
Your premise that there will be forced marriages in prison is moronic. Got it? You need not reply with a load of claptrap like you did above. Marriages currently involve two willing partners. IME a couple usually meets with the person who is going to perform the ceremony in order to achieve their blessing upon it prior to the fact.

Forced marriages in prison is an objection made by the hard of thinking.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#177744 Jan 30, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be pretty hard for my mom to be younger than me. You need to talk to someone to explain to you how things work. I respect older people if they deserve it. You dont. You are superior to no one, therefore you deserve nothing from anyone except pity.
I was talking about your wife, not your mother stupid!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#177745 Jan 30, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Your premise that there will be forced marriages in prison is moronic. Got it? You need not reply with a load of claptrap like you did above. Marriages currently involve two willing partners. IME a couple usually meets with the person who is going to perform the ceremony in order to achieve their blessing upon it prior to the fact.
Forced marriages in prison is an objection made by the hard of thinking.
exactly, any argument like that could be made against heterosexual marriages as well.

Stupid argument

but on the plus side, if they have to dig that deep into a barrel of total garbage to try and find some kind of valid argument, it means they are totally out of arguments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black America stand by Africas in their hour of... 10 min Rodney King 4
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 26 min Manbrahmos 19,411
Brain decoder can eavesdrop on your inner voice 6 hr mridion 1
Brain decoder can eavesdrop on your inner voice 6 hr mridion 1
Ku Klux Klan Fall Meeting In Humboldt 21 hr Amused 3
Two arrested in armored truck robbery (Aug '07) Thu freshout 30
Quan's Legacy. (Apr '14) Thu OMF 76

Berkeley News Video

Berkeley Dating
Find my Match

Berkeley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Berkeley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Berkeley