Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177761 Jan 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am saying you can talk about Poly all you want, and I can talk about religion all I want.
No problem :)
and no one should be saying anything about "off-topic" to anyone else. If you agree to stop using that straw man argument again about Off-Topic all will be good, if you continue to use that straw man argument I will continue to laugh and throw it in your face as I please.
I don't care when you go off topic dumbass, the only reason I ever mention it to you is when you rag on me calling me "off topic" because you need to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.

Why not just come out and say you are against equality for poly? Why be a coward and pull the off topic card? Man up jackass.
Riggers

Monrovia, CA

#177762 Jan 30, 2013
The poor GOP, Republican and Tea Party worm is going to be eaten up.
Mocker

Novato, CA

#177763 Jan 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care when you go off topic dumbass, the only reason I ever mention it to you is when you rag on me calling me "off topic" because you need to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
Why not just come out and say you are against equality for poly? Why be a coward and pull the off topic card? Man up jackass.
Maybe God cameth unto him and said "Son, time to keep your ignorant, drooling piehole shut"?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#177765 Jan 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not just prisons, forced marriages in all institutions. The question of consent is at best, problematic, for prisoners. Same sex marriage would harm everyone, institutionalized or free.
All institutions? Universtities? Mental institutions? Honestly Brian, why do you expect anyone to take you seriously and not call you an idiot when you come up with this garbage? There really is no way to field abject stupidity other than calling it what it is. Where do you live that makes you think marriage will be forced upon anyone and what basis, besides irrational hysteria, do you have for making such comments?

You remind me of a classmate of mine from college that would just blurt out any load of bollox that popped into his head rather than remaining silent when the conversation was over his head (which was most of the time).
ColdFeet

Monrovia, CA

#177767 Jan 30, 2013
Whatever happened to the stupid "third installment" of Steve Tobia's energetic defense of Nick Conway (sgvCOG) in "THE" Magazine?

He was gonna name names and set the record sraight, I might venture is the real reason?

Politics is a strange "bed fellow" and most politicans can't stand being cold and being kicked out of bed either.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#177769 Jan 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Don't you agree the GAY MARRIAGE RIGHTS logically lead to poly MARRIAGE RIGHTS?
Hell no. It's a rationalization, not logical reasoning.
There are too many steps in between to claim it logically follows.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177770 Jan 30, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Like you just did?
Do you mean like just now, when I showed Chongo to be a liar, when I proved that her side is just as, if not more, dangerous than the heterosexuals that she reviles, as per the case in point ? Re: a heterosexual woman being murdered by a transgender man, who is obviously mixed up, as can be told by the mere fact that he dresses in drag, when he is a man ? Oh, I thought that was what you meant....No, I didn't do any lying, I don't need to. Go back to "lubs me some Betty White", it was more your speed.....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177771 Jan 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And no one gay or straight, man or woman, wants to marry Rose_NoHo!
Did you notice she posts about some new imaginary boyfriend? Wonder what happened to her old imaginary boyfriend. Probably turned out to be an imaginary jerk.
I imagine that the batteries ran out, and it has to wait until the beginning of the month, for some new battery money...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177772 Jan 30, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO@you
That's a really well thought out response.
To be perfectly frank, it was a simple response. If it seems well thought out, to you, then the world must seem very complicated, to you...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177773 Jan 30, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Hell no. It's a rationalization, not logical reasoning.
There are too many steps in between to claim it logically follows.
It is utterly logical for polygamy rights to follow gay rights.

If traditional marriage is defined as the union of two people of opposite gender, and if the gender requirement is nothing but prejudice, exclusion and an arbitrary denial of one's autonomous choices, then the number requirement (two and only two), is a similarly arbitrary, discriminatory and indefensible denial of individual choice.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177774 Jan 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree that the decline in religion in America will probably make this a non-issue, there are no groups bringing this up an issue, just one idiot on an internet forum.
I have not stated an opinion other than I don’t really care… neither do most people, it just is not an issue.
Please stay on topic
To most people, SSM isn't an issue, either. But there is a lot of propaganda claiming that we support it. SSM is an issue being forced into the world by a few spoiled libertines, making it an issue. Polygamy is just as relevant as SSM, because it centers around the issue of governmentally forced definitions of what constitutes a marriage. So is incest. Personally, I support none of the aforementioned types of marriages, but if we must allow the government to force us to accept "equality" in marriages, then we cannot avoid the issue of polygamy or incest. All or nothing. Simple.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177775 Jan 30, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that.
But I have said you are freakishly ugly.
<quoted text>
Sad story. Hope the murderer is put in jail for life.
You spend a lot of time typing "transgender man pants down" into search engines?
That's a lie. We both know that you have claimed to be afraid to put your ugly mug up for fear of the "violent, racist, hating fundies". Do not be so insane as to deny your previous posts.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177776 Jan 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am on topic. You're not.
The topic is marriage equality. It applies to poly too even though you don't want it to.
You wish to deny rights to poly but you cannot say that without revealing your hypocrisy, so you whine that it's off topic and say you don't care about poly marriage rights. Yet you care about same sex marriage rights.
Yet your constant harping on religion like some crazed fundie is somehow supposed to be on topic.
He is so badly programmed to be contrary that you could grab him by the hair, slam his face into a wall, and tell him "that just sucked for you" and he'd deny it....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177777 Jan 30, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Just admit you hate gay people.
You need to make the first admission, namely that you are a moron and a hater, then we'll see....

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#177778 Jan 30, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
To most people, SSM isn't an issue, either. But there is a lot of propaganda claiming that we support it. SSM is an issue being forced into the world by a few spoiled libertines, making it an issue. Polygamy is just as relevant as SSM, because it centers around the issue of governmentally forced definitions of what constitutes a marriage. So is incest. Personally, I support none of the aforementioned types of marriages, but if we must allow the government to force us to accept "equality" in marriages, then we cannot avoid the issue of polygamy or incest. All or nothing. Simple.
You're stupid. It's not a matter of "all or nothing". You're engaging in a slippery slope fallacy.
And nobody can force you to accept anything, bigfoot.

North Hollywood, CA

#177779 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
That's a lie. We both know that you have claimed to be afraid to put your ugly mug up for fear of the "violent, racist, hating fundies". Do not be so insane as to deny your previous posts.
LOL! You are calling someone else ugly!? Damn, you hardly look human.
And I do fear that I'd risk my life if I put a pic of my face up, because fundies are violent, hateful and racist. That doesn't mean they are the only people who ever commit violent crimes. Now go back to typing "pants down" into search engines.

North Hollywood, CA

#177780 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
You need to make the first admission, namely that you are a moron and a hater, then we'll see....
I do hate you. But I'm much smarter than you.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177781 Jan 30, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stupid. It's not a matter of "all or nothing". You're engaging in a slippery slope fallacy.
And nobody can force you to accept anything, bigfoot.
I'm sorry, your fingers were typing but all I heard was "blah blah blah I'm an insane little dumb-ass"
Heteroguy

Houston, TX

#177782 Jan 30, 2013
My $.02, absolutely gays and lesbians should be allowed to legally marry....I'm surprised that we even still debate this.

Why should hetrosexuals like myself be allowed to be legally abused by a spouse but not gays and lesbians?

Dammit, they deserve to be miserable just like the rest of us!

When I lived in Minneapolis, my ex-wife and I were close friends with a gay couple. While my ex was secretly opening up accounts using my social, draining our bank accounts and racking up over $70k in credit card debt....in my name not hers.....LEGALLY....this nice couple was denied the right to legally ruin each other. It's not right. We all deserve the same freedoms!

I'm a rather conservative military veteran, but when it comes to marital rights for gays and lesbians....seriously.....what century are we living in that the government can decide who should be together and who shouldn't? Rediculous.

When it comes to special employment rights based on sexual preference (and I believe that it's preference not genetic) then I feel differently. I can't get a job just because I'm NOT gay or lesbian....so I shouldn't be entitled to one because I AM (if I were).

Marriage....and the right to legally have life insurance policies, etc. as a result of being legally married is absolutely something that should not even be debated.....all couples, regardless of gender should be able to 'enjoy' marriage, if there is such a thing.

ME? I would never ever again even consider marriage. It's rather stupid once you've married SATAN as I did, but I absolutely would defend to the death anyone's right to be married.

You want a legal gun pointed at your head? I say go for it.....everyone. It's not just for straight people.
Heteroguy

Houston, TX

#177783 Jan 30, 2013
Oh and by the way.....multiple spouses? WHY THE HELL NOT?

The only thing worse than one wife is several....but if a man is stupid enough to legally obligate himself the let the poor bastard do it!(or a woman with multiple men, for that matter)

Do you know what the punishment is for having multiple wives? It's the multiple wives!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr DoNotUnderstandMo... 19,576
Father-son duo, 2 Benicians accused in '09 stra... (Mar '10) 4 hr James 15
We'll Find Alien Life in This Lifetime, Scienti... (May '14) 8 hr Sunday 31
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 8 hr CharlesWoodworth 16,961
Oakland police protesters smash windows, vandal... Sat Thanks Oakland 3
africa23 - _tel od out lo in protest is spy whyte Sat africhaiti 1
Quan's Legacy. (Apr '14) Fri OMF 87

High Wind Watch for Alameda County was issued at December 28 at 1:55PM PST

Berkeley News Video

Berkeley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Berkeley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Berkeley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Berkeley