Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201847 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Just Thinking

Clearlake, CA

#139284 May 2, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure here you go,your wish is my command!This is but one,there are many more out there to back up this one! Every year that passes the number in favor grows by about 2%! LOL
First public opinion poll in favor of SSM
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/19/poll...
Cool. But can you really believe the Clinton News Network (CNN)polls? I would tend to believe a Gallup poll long before a poll from a network started by Ted Turner. After all he was married to Hanoi Jane. LOL
How about a more reputable source?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#139285 May 2, 2012
Dee wrote:
I will leave permanently....IF you please tell me the title of this forum...
I can't believe you don't know the title of this thread.
No wonder your posts sound the way they do.
Do you know where you live?
Hold out your hand and tell us how many fingers you see?
You CAN see, can't you?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#139286 May 2, 2012
Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry I offend you...BUT you offend me...
Take two aspirin, go to sleep, call us in the morning.
Say Goodnight Irene.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#139287 May 2, 2012
Dee wrote:
please...gay ppl ...go to another thread....you keep burring the important fact about our community...
Ummm, seeing as this thread is about Prop 8 and Same-Sex Couples having the right to marry......why don't you find another thread that isn't in the Gay/Lesbian Forum.....I'm sure there's one that can be ALL about YOU.....lol!!!
Hey D

Los Angeles, CA

#139288 May 2, 2012
Dee wrote:
is it too much to ask? can you please move to a new thread? IE "gay thread" ???
This thread is accessed from any of a number of news portals. Your local news source has deemed it important and people in your community are the only ones responsible for it reappearing on your news source. Chances are that your repeated postings and check-ins are what's keeping it front and center to your community. If you want it to drop-off. Then you and your beighbors need to stop checking it out.

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#139290 May 2, 2012
Dee wrote:
is it too much to ask? can you please move to a new thread? IE "gay thread" ???
Ya really need to read the bottom of your page.....it will tell you where this thread is posted at......including the Gay/Lesbian Forum!!!
Just Thinking

Clearlake, CA

#139291 May 2, 2012
Dee wrote:
"Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage". It doesn't matter if it is cross-threaded or not. For G.M. reiterating here "Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage" is the title of this forum. LOL @ G.M..
Dee

Norwalk, CA

#139292 May 2, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe you don't know the title of this thread.
No wonder your posts sound the way they do.
Do you know where you live?
Hold out your hand and tell us how many fingers you see?
You CAN see, can't you?
here ya go you IDIOT?!!!

//Posted in the Norwalk Forum// DO YOU NOT SEE THAT?

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#139293 May 2, 2012
Dee wrote:
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

It's also posted in this Forum as well:
US Politics
Hey D

Los Angeles, CA

#139294 May 2, 2012
Dee wrote:
It is different for each viewer. For me it is "Pasadena Forum".

Got it now?
Dee

Norwalk, CA

#139295 May 2, 2012
Can I ASK everyone "what is the title you are posting under? we ALL may have an issue...

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#139296 May 2, 2012
Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
here ya go you IDIOT?!!!
//Posted in the Norwalk Forum// DO YOU NOT SEE THAT?
Nope, we don't see that at the bottom or top of the page!!!
Dee

Norwalk, CA

#139297 May 2, 2012
is this NOT a community Norwalk forum?

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#139298 May 2, 2012
Dee wrote:
is this NOT a community Norwalk forum?
No, it's not....at least not for most anyways.

I can access this thread through my local area or through the Gay/Lesbian forum directly on topix.

It's not just specific to you!!!
Just Thinking

Clearlake, CA

#139299 May 2, 2012
Hey D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you and your beighbors need to stop checking it out.
Especially if they are not Californians. ;) After all we (Hey D included)were the disenfranchised voters. Most other states haven't the guts to put it up to a vote.
Dee

Norwalk, CA

#139300 May 2, 2012
mmm? wow...sorry, i'm 50 and live in california with 3 kids..all under 9.....dang, I feel bad and apologize for my earlier comments......I thought that I was protecting what was dear and trying to remove you all from being here....I'm sorry....my father died 3 weeks ago...
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#139301 May 2, 2012
Just Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool. But can you really believe the Clinton News Network (CNN)polls? I would tend to believe a Gallup poll long before a poll from a network started by Ted Turner. After all he was married to Hanoi Jane. LOL
How about a more reputable source?
Try Googling it,I posted just one of many,all different polling groups and they all have the same conclusion! So Google it yourself lazy as I'm not doing your work for you! LOL,Just because you don't like the results it's not my problem!

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#139302 May 2, 2012
Just Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially if they are not Californians. ;) After all we (Hey D included)were the disenfranchised voters. Most other states haven't the guts to put it up to a vote.
If you were disenfranchised then that would seriously be your issue.......the fact remains that many propositions go on the ballot every year here in California and some are challenged and found to be UNCONSTITUTIONAL by the CSSC, and until there is a Review Process, this will continue to happen!!!

Sorry, but Prop 63 and Prop 187 were passed by a majority of the California voters, yet both were found to be UNCONSTITUTIONAL......and that's just the way it it, but I keep voting and hope that somehow the initiative process will get better!!!

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#139304 May 2, 2012
Dee wrote:
mmm? wow...sorry, i'm 50 and live in california with 3 kids..all under 9.....dang, I feel bad and apologize for my earlier comments......I thought that I was protecting what was dear and trying to remove you all from being here....I'm sorry....my father died 3 weeks ago...
My condolences to you and your family over your loss!

Peace
equal rights for zoophile

Chicago, IL

#139325 May 2, 2012
yes ! If homosexuals can marry so as we

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If there's alien life in the universe, where is... (Jul '15) 4 hr caint be lawdy 22
News Defined benefit pensions best for California te... 13 hr JANE 1
News Snug as a Bug: The Hated Cockroach Inspires a H... 13 hr JANE 1
News Latino Representation in Faculty Focus of New G... 13 hr JANE 1
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) Thu Blessed Bee 89
News Chart of the Day: "Low Sugar" Overtaking "Low Fat" Feb 2 Ritual Habitual 4
Hippie man and a conservative lady Jan 29 Whaddyagot 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berkeley Mortgages