Jazz-rock saxophonist Ron Stallings dies of cancer

Full story: Marin Independent Journal

Tenor saxophonist Ron Stallings, a melodic rock and jazz musician who was a member of Marin's Huey Lewis and the News for the past decade and a half, died Monday after a long bout with cancer, his fellow musicians announced.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jan 1, 2014
Chris B

Rancho Cordova, CA

#1 Apr 14, 2009
Ron was a great guy - a true class act. He will be missed. RIP, Rev. Ron...
Henry Salvia

San Jose, CA

#2 Apr 14, 2009
Ron Stallings was the kind of musician I wanted
to be when I grew up. This is a bigger loss than
most people will ever know.
paul thorn

Brandon, MS

#3 Apr 15, 2009
every time i was around brother ron i could sense that he had a truly kind spirit that radiated out of him like a sunbeam. i will miss being in his presence. rest in peace my friend, paul thorn
theresa s

United States

#4 Jan 1, 2014
My Uncle Ronnie was the biggest and most positive role model I had growing up. He always had the right suggestions and no matter what was always positive. I miss him everyday, life is not the same. I love you and miss you dearly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr RiccardoFire 200,622
The Church 3 hr Helms-enator 19
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Buck Rohde 18,891
Anti-gay speech in Richmond draws scrutiny 6 hr Belle Sexton 9
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr papersup 15,971
Quan's Legacy. 11 hr Quan the Boob 58
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 13 hr plastic bins 5,018
•••

Berkeley News Video

•••
•••

Berkeley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Berkeley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••