Michael Pollan: California's Prop 37 Fight to Label GMOs Could Galvanize Growing U.S. Food Movement

There are 11 comments on the Oct 24, 2012, Democracy Now story titled Michael Pollan: California's Prop 37 Fight to Label GMOs Could Galvanize Growing U.S. Food Movement. In it, Democracy Now reports that:

As California voters prepare to vote on whether to label GMOs in food, we go to Berkeley to discuss Prop 37 and its implications for the broader food system with journalist and best-selling author Michael Pollan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Democracy Now.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1 Oct 24, 2012
Just as long as they allow lobsters and $100 a pound beef to still be shipped to the White House.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#2 Oct 24, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Just as long as they allow lobsters and $100 a pound beef to still be shipped to the White House.
They? Who's they? Californians? California lobsters?

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#3 Oct 24, 2012
there is absolutely no scientific evidence that GM foods are unsafe for humans. greenies don't believe in science?

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#4 Oct 24, 2012
GoodNewz wrote:
there is absolutely no scientific evidence that GM foods are unsafe for humans. greenies don't believe in science?
actually there is, you've just chosen to ignore it.
(it's the reason GMO's are banned in most countries, fluoride too)

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#5 Oct 24, 2012
GoodNewz wrote:
there is absolutely no scientific evidence that GM foods are unsafe for humans. greenies don't believe in science?
You keep your head in the sand. Those of us with a broader education know otherwise.

http://www.foodconsumer.org/newsite/Safety/bi...

Has nothing to do with being a "greenie" dipshit - you don't care what your food is made from? How it's made? What you consume?

If you have kids, do them a favor - give them up for adoption - they'll do much better.

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#6 Oct 24, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep your head in the sand. Those of us with a broader education know otherwise.
http://www.foodconsumer.org/newsite/Safety/bi...
Has nothing to do with being a "greenie" dipshit - you don't care what your food is made from? How it's made? What you consume?
If you have kids, do them a favor - give them up for adoption - they'll do much better.
my how they sputter when one disagrees with them. you're an angry elf! and, i have very healthy children, thank you.

"overall, the current genetically modified crops -- which he says are generally one-gene additions -- are safe. He says no food is 100% safe -- genetically modified or not -- and the odds of having an adverse reaction to a genetically modified food are slim. "Even though we've done all of the tests and everything else, one might say,'Yes, there is still some risk and we don't know the long-term effects.' That's true, but we have enough knowledge about the protein and where it's been introduced, how we've been exposed to it in our food supply in other ways without danger, to have confidence that this is a safe food now."

Gregory Jaffe, director of the Biotechnology Project at the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a nonprofit, public advocacy group.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#7 Oct 24, 2012
GoodNewz wrote:
<quoted text>
my how they sputter when one disagrees with them. you're an angry elf! and, i have very healthy children, thank you.
"overall, the current genetically modified crops -- which he says are generally one-gene additions -- are safe. He says no food is 100% safe -- genetically modified or not -- and the odds of having an adverse reaction to a genetically modified food are slim. "Even though we've done all of the tests and everything else, one might say,'Yes, there is still some risk and we don't know the long-term effects.' That's true, but we have enough knowledge about the protein and where it's been introduced, how we've been exposed to it in our food supply in other ways without danger, to have confidence that this is a safe food now."
Gregory Jaffe, director of the Biotechnology Project at the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a nonprofit, public advocacy group.
No link to your one sided argument?

Forgot the line "we don't know the long term effects"?

You gamble with your health - GMO's should be identified when purchasing any food, so one can make their own choice.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#8 Oct 25, 2012
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
They? Who's they? Californians? California lobsters?
No, most in California have the crabs......

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#9 Oct 25, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep your head in the sand. Those of us with a broader education know otherwise.
http://www.foodconsumer.org/newsite/Safety/bi...
Has nothing to do with being a "greenie" dipshit - you don't care what your food is made from? How it's made? What you consume?
If you have kids, do them a favor - give them up for adoption - they'll do much better.
If you ever walk into a open air or super center in Europe, you smell fresh veggies, fruit, fish and cheeses.......in america you smell disenfectant.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#10 Oct 29, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>If you ever walk into a open air or super center in Europe, you smell fresh veggies, fruit, fish and cheeses.......in america you smell disenfectant.
Probably where you live - and that's after you've shopped there.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#11 Oct 29, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably where you live - and that's after you've shopped there.
Oh my, an attack......= brain empty of facts.....another Obama training technique.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 7 hr PSYCHO 17,015
News New Study in The Prostate August 2014 - Magcell... (Oct '14) 10 hr Dr Seymour Butts MD 3
News Mandatory vaccine bill advances after key vote ... 11 hr Ronald 4
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr Hiawatha 19,847
News Oakland: Suspect charged with using machete to ... Thu Disgusted with Oa... 1
News Oakland: Man and girlfriend charged in kidnappi... Thu Sellar Chadwick 2
Searching Apr 22 Wanda Lee Steinberg 2
More from around the web

Berkeley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]