Lifting up Oakland's young black men ...

Lifting up Oakland's young black men a rough road for schools

There are 13 comments on the Inside Bay Area story from Oct 13, 2013, titled Lifting up Oakland's young black men a rough road for schools. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

Progress in improving the abysmal academic outcomes of Oakland's black males has been painstakingly slow in the three years since the school district created an office specifically to lift them up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

Rocco

Pleasanton, CA

#1 Oct 14, 2013
First you have to find some young black males in Oakland with an IQ over 70. Their parents have made them the dumbest animals on the planet. But they sho nuff be good at all dat tribal warfare.
Concerted Parent

San Jose, CA

#2 Oct 15, 2013
Rocco wrote:
First you have to find some young black males in Oakland with an IQ over 70. Their parents have made them the dumbest animals on the planet. But they sho nuff be good at all dat tribal warfare.
They are retarded Apemens. Don't play with them, walk on the other side if possible .
Emjoe

Oakland, CA

#5 Oct 15, 2013
The school district has an "Afican Amerian Male Achievement Office"??? Good God!
50% is still failing, by the way. Everyone would be better off just staying out of Oakland completely.
Blacks Are Worthless

Miami, FL

#6 Oct 15, 2013
I wish more black men would travel on BART & act the fool in front of White cops.

www.youtube.com/watch...
Corrintha

Pleasanton, CA

#7 Oct 17, 2013
My kids were raised with faith and taught good manners, hard work and civility will get you out of this hell hole called Oakland. All five kids went to college (despite the terrible Oakland Unified School District) and have moved far away from Oakland where they are successful. My husband was gunned down in Oakland and we did this despite my being a single parent. My neighbors kids still sling dope, drink and whore around. I got the last laugh.
Oaklander

Pleasanton, CA

#8 Oct 17, 2013
Corrintha wrote:
My kids were raised with faith and taught good manners, hard work and civility will get you out of this hell hole called Oakland. All five kids went to college (despite the terrible Oakland Unified School District) and have moved far away from Oakland where they are successful. My husband was gunned down in Oakland and we did this despite my being a single parent. My neighbors kids still sling dope, drink and whore around. I got the last laugh.
God bless. Why did you stay in Oakland?
Exit Stage Left

United States

#9 Oct 18, 2013
Oaklander wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless. Why did you stay in Oakland?
She probably lost a bet.
Jax

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Oct 18, 2013
I guess Oakland is better than Detroit.
BIgKnob

United States

#11 Oct 18, 2013
Concerted Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
They are retarded Apemens. Don't play with them, walk on the other side if possible .
youre related to albino mutants.
BIgKnob

United States

#12 Oct 18, 2013
Blacks Are Worthless wrote:
I wish more black men would travel on BART & act the fool in front of White cops.
www.youtube.com/watch...
I wish more white men would go to florence & normandie like reginald denny....
BIgKnob

United States

#13 Oct 18, 2013
BobTBird69 wrote:
This story is a joke, right. They would have better luck teaching sign language to chimps. The chimps are smarter than most Black Male and more civilized.
At least the chimps have color, & are not mutated beings.......
BIgKnob

United States

#14 Oct 18, 2013
Eurocentric education =mind death.........
Corrintha

Pleasanton, CA

#15 Oct 18, 2013
Oaklander wrote:
<quoted text>God bless. Why did you stay in Oakland?
I can't afford to move out. The neighbors don't keep their homes or yards up, so these homes won't fetch a lot of money. There are a lot of young people just hanging out mean mugging, so no one wants to buy here. I'm trapped. There are so few cops the gangs just run everything. But I do get to go visit my children all over, at least they made it out safely. I always tear up when I hear how much money we send to third world countries, but no one realizes in the last three years we have become a third world city with terrorists killings happening everyday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Depression, pain n anxiety treatment; 21 hr Taehn 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Leftovers 21,051
News Entrance to Temple Israel in Alameda Fri SpankyMcdoogle 1
News HORROR - Mob of 60 Teenagers Rob, Beat Passenge... Aug 17 Blacksaredumb 7
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) Aug 17 Brittle Fingers 17,648
News After Virginia, Northern California braces for ... Aug 16 Solarman 1
Why is there so much racism in Oakland? (Mar '12) Aug 16 Blacksaredumb 61

Berkeley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berkeley Mortgages