A Letter To Charles Koch: Do You Consider Climate Science To Be On A...

Aug 7, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ThinkProgress

When infamous industrial billionaire Charles Koch funded a study to review the science of global warming, it's very likely he didn't expect the chief scientist, Richard Muller, to conclude that " humans are almost entirely the cause" of an accelerating warming trend.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Dec 8, 2012
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

The fact that so much Koch Industries money would be thrown at a single study to, supposedly, disprove our responsibility for cooking the climate, suggests that the Koch brothers are not only incredibly rich but also amazingly deluded. They really believe the world's climatologists, physicists, biologists, geologists and paleontologists are all in on a giant hoax.

And you gotta love that closing sentence:

"Meanwhile, Charles and his brother David say they plan to raise and spend nearly $400 million this election season with most of those millions going toward ads designed to cut down the clean energy industry."

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

To me, it shows the Koch brothers fidelity to science, truth, honesty and philanthropic nature.

Also note, Richard Muller doesn't conclude climate mitigation will work, he only endorses the 'cause' of man-made climate change; man.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Look at the recent climate change in images:

http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/v5/n6/fig_...

Do you see the shift in temperature anomalies from left to right?

The distribution of anomalies has shifted to the right as a consequence of the global warming of the past three decades such that cool summers now cover only half of one side of a six-sided die, white covers one side, red covers four sides, and an extremely hot (red-brown) anomaly covers half of one side.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/08/04/6...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

I'm rooting for retreating glaciers.

Go, team go!

Burn more fossil fuel, 500ppmv by 2050 or bust.
paletroll

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
To me, it shows the Koch brothers fidelity to science, truth, honesty and philanthropic nature.
Also note, Richard Muller doesn't conclude climate mitigation will work, he only endorses the 'cause' of man-made climate change; man.
right mr go-away it was a study for agw not mitigation. And if they're so philanthropic and altruistic why don't they fund a mitigation study? They spend millions on undermining green energy why not follow up their agw results with a mitigation study? That would be the scientific, truthful, honest and philanthropic thing to do.
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
If the Kochs are so true to science, then why haven't they hailed the results of their long, costly BEST study? Wichita is strangely quiet on this.

And why would Muller speculate about mitigation strategies? It isn't his area. You expect him to simply spout random opinions like some online forum ignoramus?

Figures.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Nauseous wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people do the Koch brothers employ, directly or indirectly?
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

The Koch Brothers, Rupert Murdoch, George W. Bush and so many more...

All extremists. All were born with silver spoons in mouths. All had high-acheiving, patrician daddies with whom they quarreled. All became right-wing radicals to show Dad they can swing a bigger unit.

The wreckage they leave? Think spoiled toddler, in high chair, flinging oatmeal all over the kitchen walls.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

The Koch brothers directly employ 67,000 people, down from 84,000 in 2005.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

steenking piddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
I'm rooting.......
Yes, as I've said,'steenking piddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate ROOTING(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener.

I'm glad you understand who you are.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who=" 'steenking piddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver'"]I'm rooting for retreating glaciers.[/QUOTE]

Tho our late autumn, winter, & early spring rains & snows have increased because of AGW, summer rains have taken a tumble. Our recent seasons, centered on summer, have had exceedingly little rain for one year for 5.5 months & this year had no rain for 3+ & 4 months on both sides of the Cascade Mountains. On top of that our decreasing glaciers, which normally assist river & stream flows through the lates summer & early autumn, have caused river flows to dwindle to creek flowrates.

Of course,'steenking piddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' roots for retreating glaciers, & changing eco systems. He is neither a scientist or a farmer, but a ........ self-satisfied city dweller, with no science knowledge or affinity to Earth.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
Richard Muller....... only endorses the 'cause' of man-made climate change; man.
'steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' tries to move the goal posts again, but ain't got the strength or the scientific knowledge to move them.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
'steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' tries to move the goal posts again, but ain't got the strength or the scientific knowledge to move them.
And your cut and paste info isn't working .

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

I like warmer weather. That doesn't make me a bad person. If we generate more greenhouse gas the atmosphere will warm.

Life: win-win
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
I like warmer weather. That doesn't make me a bad person. If we generate more greenhouse gas the atmosphere will warm.
Life: win-win
The only warm here is when you pass gas. You haven't realized the methane you spew is doing you in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Berkeley News Video

•••
Berkeley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Berkeley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••