Help select a police chief: City of O...

Help select a police chief: City of Oakland announces public meetings ...

There are 6 comments on the Oakland Local story from Oct 28, 2013, titled Help select a police chief: City of Oakland announces public meetings .... In it, Oakland Local reports that:

The Administration is embarking on a several-month process to conduct a national search for a permanent Police Chief for the Oakland Police Department .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oakland Local.

Amused

Pleasanton, CA

#1 Oct 29, 2013
Rule #1. Keep that incompetent boob Jean Quan OUT OF the hiring process. Everything she says or does turns into controversy and a cluster....
Zoolander

Pleasanton, CA

#2 Nov 1, 2013
Oakland doesn't need a police chief, we need a zoo keeper for all these animals.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#3 Nov 2, 2013
In reality the Chief in Oakland is a political appointee. Under the current times (I'm sure you know what I mean), the Chief search should wait until "AFTER" the Mayoral election.....
Amused

Pleasanton, CA

#4 Nov 3, 2013
A Thought wrote:
In reality the Chief in Oakland is a political appointee. Under the current times (I'm sure you know what I mean), the Chief search should wait until "AFTER" the Mayoral election.....
You bring up an excellent point.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#5 Nov 3, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
You bring up an excellent point.
Thank you
Tovarish

Pleasanton, CA

#6 Nov 4, 2013
Putin for Police Chief. Bring back the gulags and fill them up with Oakland street scum!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If there's alien life in the universe, where is... (Jul '15) 6 hr North Mountain 112
News Berkeley police: Trio nabbed in 23 takeover rob... 10 hr Beaner 2
News Cal basketball schedules home and home with Gon... 15 hr Julie Jane 1
News ADA serial plaintiff probed by IRS, federal pro... 15 hr Julie Jane 1
News Do you make more than a Silicon Valley intern? 15 hr Julie Jane 1
News New metamaterial could allow us to generate sol... Apr 26 Solarman 1
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) Apr 25 Murdochs Chinese ... 140
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berkeley Mortgages