Rainbow flag to fly over San Leandro City Hall during Supreme Court hearings

Mar 19, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: contracostatimes.com

A rainbow flag will fly above City Hall early next week as a sign of solidarity with those seeking to overturn California's Proposition 8 and the federal Defense of Marriage Act in the halls of the U.S. Supreme Court.

Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Apr 18, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JohnnyO NO on Gay Flag

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Mayor The majority of the San Leandro Citizens do not support this! Rainbow flag in our city Hall?! You did OK work in San Leandro. But this! Start forcing Gay's in our city. We have already excepted it. But quit trying to force this down our throats! What next Mayor? Our you going to force schools to distribute Tom and Dick children books for our elementary schools to teach how Tom and Dick are a wonderful couple. And it's OK for that?
Try to fix the crime Mayor! Let's see some results! Don't be a Diggy Mayor like one in Oakland. Make people think twice when thinking of doing a crime in San Leandro! Make stiffer laws that will have the news media outlets talk how harsh your penalties are if found doing a crime here in San Leandro. Like your doing with this Gay Flag crap!
Fred

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

The rainbow flag should be burned.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

JohnnyO NO on Gay Flag wrote:
Mayor The majority of the San Leandro Citizens do not support this! Rainbow flag in our city Hall?! You did OK work in San Leandro. But this! Start forcing Gay's in our city. We have already excepted it. But quit trying to force this down our throats! What next Mayor? Our you going to force schools to distribute Tom and Dick children books for our elementary schools to teach how Tom and Dick are a wonderful couple. And it's OK for that?
Try to fix the crime Mayor! Let's see some results! Don't be a Diggy Mayor like one in Oakland. Make people think twice when thinking of doing a crime in San Leandro! Make stiffer laws that will have the news media outlets talk how harsh your penalties are if found doing a crime here in San Leandro. Like your doing with this Gay Flag crap!
We will NOT rest until Californis ia 100% FULLY HOMOSEXUALIZED, including you !
Fred

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>We will NOT rest until Californis ia 100% FULLY HOMOSEXUALIZED, including you !
Ouch!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

That tone isn't helpful.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Mayors! The rainbow flag should fly in it's proper place beneath, in this order:

Old Glory
California Republic
City Flag

then

Rainbow

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
That tone isn't helpful.
You have no appreciateion of ridiculous (Aristophanes) humor.:(

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

snyper wrote:
Mayors! The rainbow flag should fly in it's proper place beneath, in this order:
Old Glory
California Republic
City Flag
then
Rainbow
I agree.

And foreign flags should NEVER be flown on the same pole or staff as the American flag.

Uve

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Mary please...stop with the bigoted bullsh*t!
JohnnyO

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
And foreign flags should NEVER be flown on the same pole or staff as the American flag.
No Wait a minute! How bout the Mexican Flag? I say we should put that flag up as well! To bad if you don't like it. It's what I feel about it!
Oh and please start learning to speak Spanish. I have relives coming in. They heard that Obama is going to have a clear path to citizenship. So there coming in. And don't feel it's right for them to suffer and learn English.
Te gusta batear con el palo.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

JohnnyO wrote:
<quoted text>
No Wait a minute! How bout the Mexican Flag? I say we should put that flag up as well! To bad if you don't like it. It's what I feel about it!
Oh and please start learning to speak Spanish. I have relives coming in. They heard that Obama is going to have a clear path to citizenship. So there coming in. And don't feel it's right for them to suffer and learn English.
The Mexican Flag is just that .... the Flag of another NATION.

The rainbow flag is just one symbol of PLURALISM.

"E Pluribus Unum"
Amused

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

JohnnyO, you are showing improvement...sort of. At least you spelled mayor correctly this time. Now for lesson number two on how to write coherently: "start forcing gays in our city"????? What does that mean?
"Our you going to force schools....." I think you are trying to ask "are" not "our." Now I'm not sure how knowledgeable about how OUR judicial system works. The mayor does not set the penalties, nor does the mayor try and or convict. That is up to the legislature and the District Attorney. Keep trying, I see improvement, not much, but some. Have a nice day sweetheart :)

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

I think it's a GREAT idea, and a way to show solidarity!
Fred

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Pattysboi wrote:
I think it's a GREAT idea, and a way to show solidarity!
Suc;k it
Amused

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

JohnnyO wrote:
<quoted text>No Wait a minute! How bout the Mexican Flag? I say we should put that flag up as well! To bad if you don't like it. It's what I feel about it!
JohnnyO chupa como una mujer
NoQ

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

I'm not so sure it's a good idea to fly the rainbow flag there. What it will accomplish is fueling hatred. Just like people flying the confederate flag down south. Best thing they should do is go into the hearings without making it a public display to get attention. Go for what you're there for. People would respect you a lot more.
Prentice

Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
We will NOT rest until Californis ia 100% FULLY HOMOSEXUALIZED, including you !
This is the MOST truthful statement I've ever read by a homosexual on these boards. One thing though, the word California needs to be replaced with America.

Uve

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Prentice wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the MOST truthful statement I've ever read by a homosexual on these boards. One thing though, the word California needs to be replaced with America.
It maybe truthful for him, but that is not how most Gays feel, certainly not me. The goal for most of us, would be full equal rights for all gay, lesbian and transgendered. Not even acceptance is required, just equality for all!
Sherman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
It maybe truthful for him, but that is not how most Gays feel, certainly not me. The goal for most of us, would be full equal rights for all gay, lesbian and transgendered. Not even acceptance is required, just equality for all!
It disturbs me that gays feel they are treated like 2nd class citizens, I mean, who the heck promoted them to 2nd class status?!?!

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Prentice wrote:
<quoted text>
Today, America ! Tomorrow, the world !:)

(And as my dear old departed dad used to always say: "And if we had had the atomic bomb during the war, we WOULD HAVE WON the war !")

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Berkeley News Video

•••
Berkeley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Berkeley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Berkeley People Search