Beattie leaves district to be a super...

Beattie leaves district to be a superintendent

There are 1 comment on the North Jersey Media Group story from Nov 24, 2010, titled Beattie leaves district to be a superintendent. In it, North Jersey Media Group reports that:

Jefferson School Principal Hugh Beattie is leaving the Bergenfield school district to accept a position as superintendent of schools in Ringwood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Jersey Media Group.

Claire Ginsburg Goldstein

Jackson, NJ

#1 Nov 30, 2010
I run Bears from Bergenfield and I would like to thank Mr. Beattie for supporting my project over the years. Bears from Bergenfield began close to 8 years ago when my son Sam was a student in Mr. Beattie's school. He saw the suffering of the children who were traumatized from 9/11. He met Israeli counselors at our camp, Surprise Lake, that had witnessed terror and destruction due to suicide bombers. Sam wanted to do something that would speak to kids and in their language. He suggested that we collect slightly used and much loved stuffed toys and send them to children who would appreciate them and love them.
Two years ago, I organized a trip to Israel for my younger daughter, Sarah who was about to become a bat mitzvah. My older daughter, Shira agreed to come with us. We called our trip a teddy bear mission bat mitzvah trip. At the same time, I approached Mr. Beattie and asked him if we could collect toys at his school. He said yes. We ended up collecting over 240 toys, roughly one toy per student attending. We assured him that we would be handing out most of the toys ourselves, personally and would bring back an accounting of what happened on our journey. We visited many hospitals, orphanages, residential treatment centers, abuse centers, teen treatment centers, and day care centers. The toys were distributed in no time.
Times are tough as we know and our toy donations are down. We could use more toys, especially now at the holiday and gift giving season.
If you know of anyone who could spare a toy, please contact me at [email protected] B'shalom, Claire Ginsburg Goldstein Bears from Bergenfield.
I wish Mr. Beattie much success in his new job and I am sure that he will continue to show his support to others like he has shown to me and my family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bergenfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gynecologist charged with sexual abuse against ... (Jun '14) 10 hr Anthony Scarpuzzi 21
News Teaneck police captain charged with soliciting ... (Feb '09) Apr 22 Steve 15
News Mahwah man charged with possessing, distributin... (Dec '11) Apr 19 Anthony Scarpuzzi 4
Review: International Portrait Studios (Sep '08) Apr 17 Randie 60
News Cop report says Bergen County safety director i... Apr 8 Miller time 1
News Town plans to use air horns to deal with wild t... Apr 6 oldNbold 1
George t muro Apr 6 jpf 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bergenfield Mortgages