plw

Westlake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

I was looking for Coyote info in western cuyohoga county and found topix AVON discussion, where I posted the thread below. Thought I'd start a Westlake thread regarding these coyote encounters.

live in Westlake on Hilliard Blvd. East of Clague. Close to Rocky River Border. I have a Jack Russell who has been attacked twice in my backyard by coyotes. I was lucky enough to see one when I first moved in December 2012, so never am very far away from my dog when I let him out.
The first occassion, I had let him out about 11pm. Had flood lights on across entire back of house. My dog took off toward back of my lot. I thought initially he was chasing a deer until I heard him yelp. I also keep a high pitched whistle and a high powered flashlight at the back door and it was a good thing. I quickly turned on the flashlight and saw 2 coyotes chasing my dog. I yelled for him to come and the flashlight stopped them as well as my voice.
The second incident was just this past week in August 2013. I was sitting on my patio with all my lights on again doing some evening reading. My fire pit was going, music on. I was armed with my aresenal mentioned above. And continually scanned the back of my lot which backs up to woods with the flashlight. I saw nothing. I turned my back for one minute to gather up my reading materials phone and water bottle. My dog left the patio. In just that second a coyote came out from the woods behind and got a light nip on my jack's back. He's okay, but I have to say, 2 times in 3 months is a little much. Remain very diligent. They are here, all around us. Now I won't let my dog out in the back unless I'm armed with bear spray and he's on a leash. They are getting bold. Again, remain diligent.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

I posted the above post under plw. Just one added note. Before I moved to Hilliard I lived off of Crocker Road close to Center Ridge. My neighbors and I heard them often and I saw 2 coyotes there also within the past year.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Berea Discussions

Search the Berea Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Canton 29,469
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 4 hr Norm DePlume 2,227
roof cleaning Jul 25 Sheila Walshin 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill a Spook 231
Donald and Terry Johnson (Jan '14) Jul 20 Old classmate and friend 15
Revamped Brook Park Home Days haven't drawn or ... Jul 20 tim 1
1119 Deitsch resignation nov 19 2013 at board m... Jul 16 FP parent 1
•••
•••
•••
Berea Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Berea Jobs

•••