High school troublemakers my family n...

High school troublemakers my family needs to know about???

Posted in the Berea Forum

Just Moved Here

Berea, KY

#1 Jun 4, 2010
Just moved to Berea, have a teenage daughter and want to be sure to keep her away from certain boys I've heard stories about, she will be a senior this coming year at Southern...

Heard/read about some boys that like to mess with girls and want her to be informed when she starts school. Read about other boys on here in the BCHS/Southern topix, as well as about a Brian Baker and a Brian MacIntosh being big trouble too. Also heard around town that a Brian Bays is a troublemaker that has a baby on the way but is still out messin around...any more I need to know about so she can make informed decisions about who she buddies up with and dates?

We're from Anderson county and don't have any family here but we've been told a lot by neighbors and co-workers that my wife and I should be careful and look out for her where some of these boys are concerned...I don't need any wild tales just kids that for sure have gotten in trouble with the law or have gotten girls pregnant and left them. Its sad when a dad feels like he's got to do criminal checks and stuff before he lets his daughter make friends and boyfriends in a new town.
pendergast

Berea, KY

#2 Jun 4, 2010
sounds like she avoid boys named brian
info

Lexington, KY

#3 Jun 4, 2010
You should also worry about the girls she befriends. There are alot of girls you should be concerned about as they will drag her down with them.



Good luck and welcome to Berea.
not

Berea, KY

#4 Jun 4, 2010
brian bays has a baby on the way or so he thinks. that girl has no idea who the dad is him and family are stupid if they believe its his.
yep

Lexington, KY

#5 Jun 4, 2010
Just Moved Here wrote:
Just moved to Berea, have a teenage daughter and want to be sure to keep her away from certain boys I've heard stories about, she will be a senior this coming year at Southern...
Heard/read about some boys that like to mess with girls and want her to be informed when she starts school. Read about other boys on here in the BCHS/Southern topix, as well as about a Brian Baker and a Brian McIntosh being big trouble too. Also heard around town that a Brian Bays is a troublemaker that has a baby on the way but is still out messing around...any more I need to know about so she can make informed decisions about who she buddies up with and dates?
We're from Anderson county and don't have any family here but we've been told a lot by neighbors and co-workers that my wife and I should be careful and look out for her where some of these boys are concerned...I don't need any wild tales just kids that for sure have gotten in trouble with the law or have gotten girls pregnant and left them. Its sad when a dad feels like he's got to do criminal checks and stuff before he lets his daughter make friends and boyfriends in a new town.
Good luck brother! She is going to be a senior. So you might have your hands full, hopefully not thought. Welcome to Berea, it's an ok little town. Just watch your kid or kids here. Not all the young men and women at that school are like that. My son will be a junior this fall, and he is good kid. I would have to say the good ones, out ways the bad ones at southern.
Just Moved Here

Berea, KY

#6 Jun 4, 2010
Thanks for the input everyone. I did have to chuckle a bit over the "stay away from guys named brian" comment though - ha ha.
I agree about the girls too, Lawrenceburg was full of girls that were very cruel and did things that would make older women blush, and were proud of it. Truth be told I'm glad the wife got a job transfer down here, I've always liked small towns and Lawrenceburg was getting too big for its breeches.
Thanks for the welcome into town, too.
MSHS mom

Berea, KY

#7 Jun 5, 2010
Welcome to Berea!!! We moved here quite a while ago and was very welcomed by the community. Your child is not "too old" to get involved with the school. If she is going to be a senior, there is the Project Graduation Committee that convenes usually right after September Homecoming. If she is into sports, drama, band, dance/cheerleading, or community service, MSHS has plenty to offer her. My son and his girlfriend will be seniors next year and I have to say they are excellent students, are involved in a variety of sports, clubs, and activites, and have managed to stay far away from any drama.

I will be happy to give you any information you would like! What part of Berea did you move to? If you don't mind me asking.
Just Moved Here

Berea, KY

#8 Jun 5, 2010
MSHS mom wrote:
Welcome to Berea!!! We moved here quite a while ago and was very welcomed by the community. Your child is not "too old" to get involved with the school. If she is going to be a senior, there is the Project Graduation Committee that convenes usually right after September Homecoming. If she is into sports, drama, band, dance/cheerleading, or community service, MSHS has plenty to offer her. My son and his girlfriend will be seniors next year and I have to say they are excellent students, are involved in a variety of sports, clubs, and activites, and have managed to stay far away from any drama.
I will be happy to give you any information you would like! What part of Berea did you move to? If you don't mind me asking.
For now we're renting an apartment close to the college campus until our closing is complete - we've bought a house in Sugarville and should be moved by the end of June.
Daughter was into marching band and choir at her old school, as well as math and science club. From what I hear MSHS is the best high school in the county as far as being low on the danger/drama ladder. Heard MCHS had a stabbing last year so we were thankful when my wife's transfer brought her to the hospital in Berea versus Richmond. We didn't want to be in Lexington either. Thanks for the helpful info.
proud mama

Berea, KY

#9 Jun 5, 2010
Welcome to Berea! Your daughter sounds like she's going in a good direction. I have a nephew that is also in band at MSHS, he plays trumpet - good kid, makes good grades and has quite a few friends that are involved in different clubs and activities. Maybe he can help show her around and get her acclimated to the environment and help her steer clear of the trouble makers.
Your family will love Berea. There are a lot of events and neat little nooks and crannies to enjoy.
Curious

Richmond, KY

#10 Jun 6, 2010
I just gotta ask.... She's a senior, and 18 or almost 18, and her father is hunting names of boys that might "mess" with her?????

Dude get a grip.

18 year old girls have all been "messed" with. Mainly because they are just as curious as the boys, and they develope faster. Girls typically lose their virginity around 15 to 16.

You want advise, put her on the pill and try not to box her in so she just moves off when she turns 18.

When I was a senior in high school, it was a fact that there were no virgins in our class.
Statement

Richmond, KY

#11 Jun 6, 2010
Momma's be proud of your daughters.

Think of all the things you taught her.

Not to go into the water, till she could swim.

How to cook and how to sew, but theres other things you know.

You should have taught her about sex, that it was not a sin.

You could have taught her not to fight it.

You could have taught her not to bite it.

You could have taught her wrong from right.

But you left her on her own.

If you had taught her how to fu<k one.

If you had taught her how to suck one.

Maybe she would have never snuck one.

When you were not home.
Southern

United States

#12 Jun 7, 2010
I for one am glad there is some fresh meat coming to class next year.

And my name is NOT Brian.
search of sun

London, KY

#13 Jun 7, 2010
Way to go dad! Now you have every piece of scum in town wondering who the virginal princess is. You should have just kept your thoughts off of topix and home schooled. Does your child know about your posts? How embarrassing! Just where did you come from. I would really like to know where that utopia is. You are being rediculous! Teach your child right from wrong, lead by example and then you would not have to be on topix slandering the names of minors. What a dad!
skeered

United States

#14 Jun 7, 2010
I wont be as brash as some and I understand and sympathise with your situation BUT I WOULD NOT look for your answers on Topix.
Just Moved Here

Berea, KY

#15 Jun 10, 2010
Obviously I was given the wrong place to look for networking with other parents...
My daughter is not sheltered, nor is she "virginal." She was raised to be self-respecting and honest, and more importantly to be herself. Her mother would be shocked to read the responses about how we'd rather box her in than to raise her by example and respect...wow.
Some posters are right. I shouldn't have posted anything here at all. I should have had more faith in my daughter's ability to judge character by herself. She kept herself out of trouble in Lawrenceburg, I'm certain she can do it here, too.
From now on, I'll just read everyone else's "slandering the names of minors" (as I can read that a LOT of other folks have beat me to it) and warn my daughter about this site so she can check it about herself from time to time.
The state police don't have a cybercrimes unit for nothing.

Those of you who were human enough to be kind and welcoming, we thank you - you all are parents we were looking to network with and we'd love to know if there's another more appropriate site where parents can meet up, network, and actually care about their kids. Thanks.
Someone who knows

United States

#16 Jun 12, 2010
Welcome to Berea!! Madison Southern is a good school and Bere is as well. How ever both are just like anyother place your daughter can find trouble in both if she's looking to find it. I've lived in Berea all my life and went to Madison Southern and I wouldn't change a thing. As far as Topix goes I find it fun to read but I don't think I'd believe every thing you might read on here.

Welcome and Good luck and I hope you get to know the community.
Momma to

Nicholasville, KY

#17 Jun 13, 2010
Just Moved Here wrote:
Obviously I was given the wrong place to look for networking with other parents...
My daughter is not sheltered, nor is she "virginal." She was raised to be self-respecting and honest, and more importantly to be herself. Her mother would be shocked to read the responses about how we'd rather box her in than to raise her by example and respect...wow.
Some posters are right. I shouldn't have posted anything here at all. I should have had more faith in my daughter's ability to judge character by herself. She kept herself out of trouble in Lawrenceburg, I'm certain she can do it here, too.
From now on, I'll just read everyone else's "slandering the names of minors" (as I can read that a LOT of other folks have beat me to it) and warn my daughter about this site so she can check it about herself from time to time.
The state police don't have a cybercrimes unit for nothing.
Those of you who were human enough to be kind and welcoming, we thank you - you all are parents we were looking to network with and we'd love to know if there's another more appropriate site where parents can meet up, network, and actually care about their kids. Thanks.
Welcome to Berea..but this is not the place to ask questions. For one, most kids are on here and Im sure that when school starts there going to know who she is. Just trust her and her give her the room she needs to mature and grow. She will be fine. I think you will find the town very nice and most of the time very quite. Welcome to Berea
Just Moved Here

Berea, KY

#18 Jun 15, 2010
Thanks, Someone and Momma.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min uMoron 143,090
Reporting food stamp fraud (Jan '10) 7 hr USA 204
Evan Henderson of IHOP 17 hr Wondering 1
Missy Sat Missy 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Aug 27 Abe 722
Need an honest and fair mechanic Aug 26 Dave 7
Medicaid and braces (Dec '08) Aug 26 educated tax payer 193
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berea Mortgages