Comments
101 - 120 of 131 Comments Last updated Mar 1, 2011
hey

Richmond, KY

#103 Mar 24, 2009
F-U-N wrote:
When discussing girls ball at BCHS...one of Trinas 20 year old records got broke last week by Elizabeth Horn. The Most rebounds in a single game was previously 21 and it now stands at 26.
Elizabeth has already broken Denny's All Time rebounding record and will get the #1 spot again in a few games. Shes been an All-State player, one of the few, if not the only one for boys or girls basketball in the past 5 years.
Trina was an amazing player and deserves more credit than she gets. But Kara Ratliff, Kristen Patton, Allison Baker were also very good.
I think baker was the only one to make the Kentucky All Star team.
PIGG

Lexington, KY

#104 Mar 24, 2009
as for the best athletes to ever wear a pirate uniform. female: mary shuber, eric norgelen, jim scully, kevin clifton, jerry gilbert, kelly mullins, steve mullins in football, basketball greg todd, baseball david wallace, scott mcintosh, ronnie and ricky terrill, keving pigg wasnt to bad. as for the best athlete, is had to be roy wilson, he could play anything a was very good at them all. as for the soccer player, steve shaw had a number of very good players back in the late seventies and early eighties, a number of them all state and i belive one of them was all america !!! i will shut up and sign off now, my age is starting to show !!!!!

“tat it up”

Since: Mar 09

berea

#105 Mar 24, 2009
rashad s. he is the best since 05
Zulu

Berea, KY

#106 Mar 25, 2009
ratatouy wrote:
rashad s. he is the best since 05
There hasn't been a person, male or female, in the last 10 years at Berea that would crack the top 10 all time. I watched a ton of games over the years. The talent just isn't there.
eeek

Berea, KY

#107 Mar 25, 2009
eeek

“Message me”

Since: Mar 09

Berea,KY

#108 Apr 13, 2009
if i move back down there i'll give the team some talent!!!!
sarah

Berea, KY

#109 Apr 13, 2009
i honestly believe that derek bryant was one of the best football player they ever had he was the back bone of berea and he always done his best to get his team as far as they got he actually tried his best and gave it his all.
sarah

Berea, KY

#110 Apr 13, 2009
sarah wrote:
i honestly believe that derek bryant was one of the best football player they ever had he was the back bone of berea and he always done his best to get his team as far as they got he actually tried his best and gave it his all.
i remember him 2000-2004 was a excellent athlete yep he is one of the best i remeber he played on a broken ankle he actually cut his cast off in school before pep rally Derek Bryant one of the best
Wolly

Lexington, KY

#111 Apr 15, 2009
Didn't know they had any!!!!
nuf said

United States

#112 Jul 17, 2009
Kelley Bowman - track. Still holds KY state all-class record in high jump at 5'10". Full ride scholarship to Louisville. Holds indoor and outdoor high jump records there. Graduated with a B.S. in Justice Administration. Went pro - had agent, traveled to meets in USA and out. Was nationally ranked as well as world ranked when at UofL and such. USATF member. Was looking to go to Olympic trials in 2008. Retired due to injury. Now top that!

Brother Kyle was not bad in football, basketball and track either even with all his surgeries and injuries. He was one of top ten ranked rushers in state in 1998 I think it was.
yep

AOL

#113 Jul 17, 2009
Chris Larkey, 98 yard interception return for a touchdown was 2nd longest in state history forever. its still top ten all time. Now he's the head coach at North Laural. Oh wait, you said athelete from Berea, not against Berea.

who was the Quarter back from Berea who went on to play QB at EKU and is now an Offensive Coordinator for the Seattle Seahawks? Any body know? give up?
Dirt Dawber

Lexington, KY

#114 Jul 18, 2009
yea boi wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot about Greg Todd. He was a beast.
Greg wa good, but terribly slow afoot. I only saw one--against Garrard County in 1976-77. I did see his 40 point effort.

Mike Sowers and Tood probably meant more to their teams, but there have really been some tough kids come out of Berea that would have payed circles around Todd.But they'll maybe never be as good a coach as Todd has been in his career.
XXX

Cincinnati, OH

#115 Nov 5, 2009
The Truth wrote:
Hey Game Hunter, you sound like an Eli Brock hater. He was the best athlete that has ever been at Berea. He could dunk in the ninth grade, went to the state in track & field 4 years in a row, and could easily hit a baseball over 300 feet. I grew up with him played all three sports with him.
The reason they retired his jersey was because he is the "only" high school All-American that Berea has ever had! Kevin Clifton was the "best running back" at Berea, but he only played on one side of the ball. Margot Stolte was the first girl ever to make the Boys all state team .I also played with Johnny Hannan, who has been very successful with soccer, but William Rodriguez was the best player ever at soccer. He went straight from high school to the pros back in Costa Rica,
Hell, even I wasn't to bad considering I played 4 years at a Divsion 1 university, almost made the 1984 Olympic Team and played 2 years in Europe. I coached Cobb Cuniff who was an awesome track athlete, don't forget Jason King. I also coached him. Baseball there were many at Berea. Scotty and I went to college together. He was a heck of a player. His brothers and his son weren't to shabby themselves. Don't forget Mark Catron, he had a scholarship to UL from Howard Snellenberger. Ole Scotty Buchanan caught 32 passes for 770 yds and 12 tds in his one and only year of football. Greg Todd put up points, if the three pointer would have been invented Gary Hazelwood would have had at least a 30 point average. Don Mills was the man, just in case you didn't know he played on the only team ffrom Berea to go to the Sweet 16. Daryl Miracle, Eric Norgulen. By the way, if you didn't know Eli could do a handstand on a skateboard all the way down the big hill from Chestnut St. X games before x-games.
Who are you "The Truth"? I was at BCHS then. It was an amazing time for Berea athletics. I knew all those people you mentioned. I was good friends with Margot & Greg Catron (Mark's older brother). I went to Homecoming with Mark Catron. Don't go to Homecoming with quarterbacks, they're too tired to dance. Anyway, don't forget Mary Shuber, I think she was a year behind Eli Brock. She won all the State long distance track events as a Senior and did well in the Junior Olympics too.
hey

United States

#116 Nov 7, 2010
hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I think baker was the only one to make the Kentucky All Star team.
she did, which was good. goodrich decided not to try out for all star team.
Da Man

Richmond, KY

#117 Jan 23, 2011
Stevie combs didnt get a lot of recognition but that kid had heart! hell of a soccer player and good basketball player. made it rain from the 3 point line!!!!
dude

Bowling Green, KY

#118 Jan 28, 2011
what about Stevo Sandefur (class of 2009)? He was sick at football
pirate

Lexington, KY

#119 Jan 29, 2011
Billy Evans from "Fruit Jar" I believe. Would have been late 40's. Won tennis state tourn. twice. Played for Rupp (Jersey Retired). Won gold medal in 56 olympics (basketball).
class

Berea, KY

#120 Jan 29, 2011
fact wrote:
Hey Tnation were showing our age.We actually remember back when Berea had good athletes,good teams,and played tough schedules.The 80's and early 90's were the glory days for the Pirates.
You forgot the '70s:
Darrell Miracle and Eric Nordgulen - football
Old Timer

Fitzgerald, GA

#121 Jan 29, 2011
Billy Evans played for Berea Foundation (The college's high school). Evans was voted best all around athlete at UK....cause he lettered in basketball, tennis, and baseball (I believe). Don Mills was Berea High (Fruit Jar) player who went on to UK...played for Rupp and won the 1958 NCAA. Of course the reason the school is now Berea Community is because Berea Foundation and Berea City High merged in 1969.
the truth

Lexington, KY

#122 Feb 1, 2011
AND THEY ARE BOTH CRACK-HEADS NOW.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min wtf 151,300
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 22 min funny thing 1,595
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 6 hr Tollesboro Guy 81,601
Robert moody 6 hr Assholehater 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 hr Curious 130,550
Alison Grimes, Not No, But Hell No! Fri ivote 5
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) Fri Advertisment 26,226
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Madison County was issued at August 31 at 3:38AM EDT

•••
•••
Berea Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Berea Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••