Gordon and Salter Chartered vs. Richm...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not Dr Gordon

Kathleen, GA

#22 Jan 24, 2011
I would go to the Vet before Dr Gordon. I went to him because I was having problems and he did exploratory surgery and said an ovary was laying on my uterus and that was causing all my problems. He was supposed to have taken care of the problem, but it got worse. When I went back to him he said the pain was all in my head and that he had fixed the problem. Needless to say, I found another Dr in Lexington (Dr Voss who I would recommend) and he removed several cysts from my ovary.
Tiffany Preston

United States

#23 Jul 7, 2011
i just had my baby january 17th 2011. i am 16 years old and i went to gordon and saltered.... they were amazing and very helpful, they explained everything to me and i was very comfortable there, i saw debbie and nancy up until i gave birth only because i had to have an emergency c section in which dr gordon performed my surgery. he delivered me when i was born and he is amazing. my scar isnt even visible and i havent used any medicine to help the scar fade. i will go back every check up and pregnancy.... the staff is amazing and they really know what they are doing
New mommy

United States

#24 Jul 7, 2011
I had a miscarriage about a year ago. I saw Dr. Gordon and he held me hand through the entire ultrasound that they do to ensure that all of the tissue had been expelled and afterwards he gave me a hug and the number for a counselor. Two months later when i became pregnant again he and debbie foster took care of me at every appointment and debbie delivered my babh girl!!!! They are all amazing!!!!
Mee

Irvine, KY

#25 Jul 8, 2011
my choice wrote:
I love Dr. collier at Richmond womens health.. He delivered both of my boys and was awesome..not to mention he is EASY on the eyes :)
I had my tubes cut and tied about seven years ago and became pregnant I knew it was in my tubes because u was slightly bleeding all the time and felt really sore on my right side anyway I went to dr collier and he stuck ultrasound probe in me and said it had aborted itself. I was sent home and bleeding even more then so I decided to go c dr smith. He did a ultrasound in the same way and showed me in the screen a huge bulge in one of my tubes turns out it had not aborted itself that's y I was bleeding it had burst!!! The only thing that kept me from bleeding to death was it had formed a clot and slowed down! I was rushed to surgery immediately! I know Noone is perfect but dr collier only spent about 5 min with me just long enough to look at ultrasound his nurse was doing! His nurse actually pointed it out but he told her "naa that's just her ovary" Please b careful ladies about your ob/gyn if u feel something is wrong get a second opinion.
2cents

Berea, KY

#26 Jul 9, 2011
I lovvve Dr.Smith. Went to him and would go back if I ever got prego. However I have seen Dr. Gordon a few times and he had to do my c~SECTION. They are both good only difference Smith seems more caring and will baby you and Gordon does his job and moves on. But They I love them both.
mavsprtynpink

United States

#27 Nov 28, 2011
I am currently 26 weeks pregnant and have seen dr gordon since I was about 3 weeks along. His office is amazing. He makes me feel very comfortable, always answers any and all questions and explains everything that is going on. His office has always been able to get me in at a moments notice for something small or large. They are kind and considerate and my husband feels the same way. I recently had to change an appt. 3 times to make sure my husband could come with and they were more than willing to work with our schedule. I understand some women feel more comfortable with a female doctor but I have had male gyno's since I was about 17 and I feel they are more professional and they spend more time with you and explain in greater detail because they dont share the same parts. Some female doctors feel as if they know it all because they have gone through it, and I dont like that attitude, there is always more to learn and changing technology. Give dr gordon a chance if you havent I think you might be pleasantly surprised. And you are never exposed in a room without another female present, a nurse is always right alongside for any procedure.
walmart employee

United States

#28 Jun 15, 2012
Im not the original person to post the question, but thank you to everyone for comparing the two practices for me, i made an appointment for both offices ..i have been to see Dr. Land before at richmond womens..however i didnt feel she wanted to take my concerns as seriously..having polycystic ovarian syndrom diagonosed at age 21...i told her i had this and she said i dont think so...well i know i do, if not i need to sue the dr's who have been treating me for the past 14 years. Im still not sure whom to go to, both have good and bad comments, but gorden and salter have more negative, however the positive ones are very convincing and seem to explain why they like that office, where as the richmonds womens positve posts just say how wonderful things were but not why? so im wondering what people like so much about Richmond womens health? not the bed side manner but how they handled medical condidtions, what were positive and negatives?
just sayin

Bowling Green, KY

#29 Jun 24, 2012
I would definately see Dr. Smith or Dr. Gordon. More experience, and their midwives are great too.
Their office staff is much nicer and you can deliver in Lexington with them. Much better practice in my opinion than the other one.
still alive

Bowling Green, KY

#30 Jun 24, 2012
I had a tubal ligation and a year later had a positive pregnancy test. I went to Dr. Collier and he told me I was having a miscarriage. I HAD AN ECTOPIC PREGNANCY THAT DR. COLLIER MISSED!!! I went to Dr. Gordon's office and saw Dr. Smith who had me in the operating room immediately. He saved my life. I would not go to Dr. Collier or that office
The Italian Stallion

Lexington, KY

#31 Jun 24, 2012
I loved Dr. Gordon and he was my doctor. But, Dr. Smith did my C-Section and has taken care of me since. Loved them both and the nurses and midwives too! My baby girl will be three in September and I still get to go see them from time to time... Lady issues, you all know :)
Newly pregnant

Bowling Green, KY

#32 Jun 25, 2012
walmart employee wrote:
Im not the original person to post the question, but thank you to everyone for comparing the two practices for me, i made an appointment for both offices ..i have been to see Dr. Land before at richmond womens..however i didnt feel she wanted to take my concerns as seriously..having polycystic ovarian syndrom diagonosed at age 21...i told her i had this and she said i dont think so...well i know i do, if not i need to sue the dr's who have been treating me for the past 14 years. Im still not sure whom to go to, both have good and bad comments, but gorden and salter have more negative, however the positive ones are very convincing and seem to explain why they like that office, where as the richmonds womens positve posts just say how wonderful things were but not why? so im wondering what people like so much about Richmond womens health? not the bed side manner but how they handled medical condidtions, what were positive and negatives?
I delivered my first baby with Dr. Land's office. While I was there, three different doctors came and left. I was delivered by a doctor I had never met.
I am newly pregnant and decided NOT TO GO BACK TO DR. LAND. I had my first appointment with Dr. Smith today and was very impressed. He did my ultrasound personally, answered all my questions and was very knowlegable. He explained to me that I could see anyone in the office I wanted, midwife or doctor, and that it was up to me.He introduced me to the midwives. I really enjoyed the experience and will keep you posted. As of now, Dr. Smith's office has been a much better experience.
Whatsittou

Lexington, KY

#33 Jun 25, 2012
Dr.Gordman and salter is the place to go hands down exellent!
April

Berea, KY

#34 Jun 26, 2012
I love Dr. Collier at Richmond Womens Health... He delievered both of my boys when he was working at UK.
still alive

Bowling Green, KY

#35 Jun 27, 2012
He may be a nice person, but he missed my ectopic and sent me home bleeding until another doctor figured it out and rushed me to the operating room. Would never go back to Dr. Collier
well

Berea, KY

#36 Jun 27, 2012
still alive wrote:
He may be a nice person, but he missed my ectopic and sent me home bleeding until another doctor figured it out and rushed me to the operating room. Would never go back to Dr. Collier
Wellthats an unfortunate accident. You cant catch them all. I'm glad you are fine now and I'm sorry you had that experience.
ive never been to Gordon or Smith .. ive only been to rwhc. I first went there in bereave when that office was open and saw the d.o. bakarich. Then collier came and I saw both since they only came to berea. They were great. Listened,, answered questions, and helped me understand what was going on. Delivered both of my boys with rwhc dre and would not go anywhere else. Ive been seeing them since 2006. Never had a bad experience. Ive seen all the practitioners. Pa and midwive. I call with a question its answered while I'm on the phone or they callxme back asap. Nice staff clean office great care.
sorry about typos my kindle is hard to type with
former patient

Hopkinsville, KY

#40 Jan 11, 2015
I use to be a patient of theirs for 6yrs I have seen Dr. Gordon, and just about everyone in that office and loved everyone.. Dr. Gordon is a little blunt but he is a good dr.. I would go back to them in a minute for any of my ob needs.. The only reason I am no longer a patient is because I move 250 miles away..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 24 min nocoalminershere 714
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr ChromiuMan 141,487
A Walk Through the Cemetery 18 hr Anonymous 3
Jack Gray Sun Kimmy G 1
Jack Gray Sun Kimmy G 1
driver needes Sun Yeti 2
hey Sun bigblockchevyboi 2
More from around the web

Berea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Berea Mortgages