Gordon and Salter Chartered vs. Richm...

Gordon and Salter Chartered vs. Richmond Womens Healthcare

Posted in the Berea Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
woman

Lexington, KY

#1 May 16, 2010
Who do you trust with your feminine/childbearing needs and why? I need advice on who to pick for care.
opinion

United States

#2 May 17, 2010
debbie foster at dr gordons office is awesome. i liked dr smith and gordon but she was my all time favorite.....dr lands office is great too.... dr land robin and dr collier are the best there.
been to both

Demotte, IN

#3 May 17, 2010
Without going into a long story, please do NOT go to Dr. Gordon! He made a huge mistake once that almost caused the loss of a baby. Hes very opinionated and doesnt like to hear your beliefs. I havent ever seen anybody else in that office but please beware of him especially if your expecting. I have been to Dr. Land and she was great! No complaints at all about her or the office. Good Luck!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#5 May 17, 2010
I love Dr. Land and Robin! I didn't feel as comfortable at Dr. Gordon's office.
just me

Ford City, PA

#6 May 17, 2010
I went to Dr Land's office for both of my pregnancies & i have nothing bad to say. I think they are great...I saw Robin most of the time & I love her!!! I would recommend Dr Land any day:)Hope this helps
Berea Patient

Lexington, KY

#7 May 17, 2010
Love Dr. Land and Angie Smitha.
Whatever

United States

#8 May 17, 2010
Dr smith delivered my second child and he was awesome. I had some complications and he seen me twice a week until I felt better. I dont like Dr Gordon at all. It is time for that old fart to retire but I would highly reccomend Dr Smith.
opinion

United States

#9 May 18, 2010
i didnt know dr gordons office performed abortions.
yayay

Lexington, KY

#10 May 18, 2010
Well Informed wrote:
Gordon,Salter Chartered performs abortions. Richmond Womens Healthcare does not. Good enough reason for me not to go to Dr. Gordon.
i didnt know that... howd u find out??
woman

Lexington, KY

#11 May 18, 2010
KittenKiss wrote:
I love Dr. Land and Robin! I didn't feel as comfortable at Dr. Gordon's office.
how come??
woman

Lexington, KY

#12 May 18, 2010
what exactly is wrong w/dr gordon?-everyone seems to dislike him.
anonymous

Lexington, KY

#13 May 18, 2010
i guess i find it hard to trust a man for feminine care anyway, they may have went to school and studied female anatomy- but they cant sympathize without the parts-or having experienced the pain of childbirth, periods etc. also, having been a victim of repeated sexual abuse as a child, its hard for me to trust or let a man go down there to even look-though i know hes a dr. and his intentions are pure..and sometimes it hurts physically too, a mans hands are bigger and rougher usually. its a mental block i guess. i really hate going to the dr for feminine needs at all. its a paiful experience all around for me usually.
opinion

United States

#14 May 18, 2010
dr gordon may be a little burnt out but hes not a perv. he actually has really good bedside manner. he caught my ppd before it got out of hand and gave me an extra night in the hospital because i appeared to have the baby blues and he wanted me to rest. i liked him anyweays. i liked his staff too. they all remembered me each time i went and .were very friendly. dr lands office is awesome too.
patient

Lexington, KY

#15 Jan 4, 2011
I've only had Nancy Greene and Debbie Foster. I love Nancy because she's willing to listen and she doesn't force anything on you. Debbie Foster.... I've had a problem with her every time I've had her. She pushes every unneccessary test and form of technology possible that usually just causes more problems than they solve. Her vaginal exam was rough and caused me to bleed, and I'm pretty sure she was trying to break my water. Then she gave me an unnecessary ultrasound (I'm 39 weeks) to make sure the baby was the right size, and when everything came back perfect she just said "oh the water is still intact.... that's good" And then wanted me to come in the same week again to have a stress test when there was no reason for it! She just wants me to go into labor to fit her schedule.

I'm not going back for any check ups unless I have a problem.

If you're going to go the doctor route, be sure to be VERY well informed and educated because they will leave you in the dark on purpose. Avoid Pitocin like the plague.

Since: Jan 11

Berea, KY

#16 Jan 11, 2011
they were all nice too me dr smith delivered both my kids but on my first i bleed alot andon the secnd y cervix would not close back and iii bout bleed to death i was in surgry for 7 hrs and didnt get to hold my baby at all when he was delivered witch i understand that part because i was dieing but i looked it up and it said my cervix did not close lke it was post to because my plasenta was forced out im no blameing hiiiim but mabey i just suck at giveing biirth
my choice

Berea, KY

#17 Jan 13, 2011
I love Dr. collier at Richmond womens health.. He delivered both of my boys and was awesome..not to mention he is EASY on the eyes :)
My Vote Is Dr Gordon

Fitzgerald, GA

#18 Jan 14, 2011
Dr. Gordon delivered both of my children and I loved him. I would not consider going to anyone else.

Since: Dec 09

Jackson, KY

#19 Jan 17, 2011
We have several years of positive experiences at Dr Land's office. Like another poster, we really like Dr Land and Robin too.
Aaron

Ann Arbor, MI

#20 Jan 20, 2011
anonymous wrote:
i guess i find it hard to trust a man for feminine care anyway, they may have went to school and studied female anatomy- but they cant sympathize without the parts-or having experienced the pain of childbirth, periods etc. also, having been a victim of repeated sexual abuse as a child, its hard for me to trust or let a man go down there to even look-though i know hes a dr. and his intentions are pure..and sometimes it hurts physically too, a mans hands are bigger and rougher usually. its a mental block i guess. i really hate going to the dr for feminine needs at all. its a paiful experience all around for me usually.
So if you break your arm are you going to ask the Dr. if he/she has ever broken a bone before..and if they say no you are going to walk out because they can't sympathize with that? Getting a shot, or having blood drawn isn't all that great either, but it's part of some medical procedures. You think a prostate check is a walk in the park?
Maybe you should spend your money on dealing with your other issues in life before creating a new life to add to this world...I'm just saying.
Mommy of 1

Lexington, KY

#21 Jan 21, 2011
I originally started going to Richmond Women's when I first found out I was pregnant. The ladies in the front office were always pretty nice. But, I am diabetic & wanted to be seen by the actual doctor, since I run so many risks with childbirth being an insulin dependant type 1 diabetic. They actually refused to let me be seen by either of the MD's, telling me that they were booked with patients & pushed me off on Robin. Robin & I did not get along. I was unmarried, and the one time that the father of my child actually came to my appointment, she was rather rude & told him that it was his fault that a young girl like me was there (and mind you, I was 18 when I was pregnant, 19 when I gave birth). He wouldn't come back to any appointments after her snide remark. And every time I came alone, she was less than friendly. I think maybe I just got a bad egg when I went to Richmond Women's, so I can't say anything about any of the others who work there. But, I switched to Dr Gordon & Salter, and was seen by both Dr Smith & Dr Gordon. They were very cautious in watching my pregnancy with my condition, and always were friendly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reporting food stamp fraud (Jan '10) 22 min Marty 239
belt rash (May '09) 38 min Betty 18
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Strel 149,916
Adam Taylor arrested 2 hr Yea this one 2
Anyone got any bud? 6 hr Beerbelly 52
MCYL President 11 hr Concerned parent 1
Mcyl 11 hr Concerned parent 1

Berea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance