Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Judged:

BEWARE!!!!!! Older police scanners can pick up cordless telephone conversations. I have a neighbor who is listening to my cordless telephone conversations with a scanner. He thinks I do not know BUT I DO. How do I know? Because his child told my child that they "listen in" on people while they are talking on the phone. He said "You know those scanner things, well, I can hear everything anyone close says on the phone on them." PLus, my neighbor has brought up things that were strangely relevant to conversations that I had with a friend. Example: my unlce is sick and the neighbor asked how my uncle was and hoped he got better...I had ONLY found out 5 minutes before that he was even sick. It was a sudden illness and my uncle is NEVER sick.

So HELLO NOSEY NEIGHBOR!!!!!! I am going to talk $hit and bug the PEE out of you now!!!!!!!
common knowledge

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Judged:

Amazed wrote:
BEWARE!!!!!! Older police scanners can pick up cordless telephone conversations. I have a neighbor who is listening to my cordless telephone conversations with a scanner. He thinks I do not know BUT I DO. How do I know? Because his child told my child that they "listen in" on people while they are talking on the phone. He said "You know those scanner things, well, I can hear everything anyone close says on the phone on them." PLus, my neighbor has brought up things that were strangely relevant to conversations that I had with a friend. Example: my unlce is sick and the neighbor asked how my uncle was and hoped he got better...I had ONLY found out 5 minutes before that he was even sick. It was a sudden illness and my uncle is NEVER sick.
So HELLO NOSEY NEIGHBOR!!!!!! I am going to talk $hit and bug the PEE out of you now!!!!!!!
I hate this for you, but...the fact that police scanners can pick up conversations on a cordless phone (and vice versa) has been common knowledge for 30 years!
Amazed

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

I think that a lot of folks may not know this. I had heard that this was possible. However, I am shocked that someone would be so nosy as to do this. All I can say to the people who do this GET A LIFE!

People who do this must be so bored with their own lives that they want to listen in on mine. It is the equivalency of a Peeping Tom who is peeping in my windows. Seriously, to raise your children that this is okay to invade the privacy of other people is just sad. Everyone wonders why kids act the way they do...look at their parents.
common knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>I hate this for you, but...the fact that police scanners can pick up conversations on a cordless phone (and vice versa) has been common knowledge for 30 years!
Amazed

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

It may be possible to "listen in" on your neighbors with a police scanner, but so is robbing a bank. It is totally possible for you to walk into a bank and rob it if you wish. But you would not do that....BECAUSE MOST LIKELY YOU WOULD GET CAUGHT!

Lot's of things are possible. We all have choices to lie, cheat, steal, ect. But is it moral or ethical? Just because you can listen to your neighbors on a scanner and "get by with it" does not mean that it is right.

Is it a person fault that they use a cordless phone and their conversations are listened to by another person? Whatever ones opinion may be, I don't listen to my neighbors phone conversations because I don't give a rats @ss what they are talking about. I am far to busy with my own life to have the time to listen in on theirs.

I will talk on my cordless and talk $shit about him just to drive him NUTS!!!!! However, all other calls will be made on a corded phone.
Curious

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

Be sure and give them something GOOOOOOOD to talk about!
Nosy

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

I know how you feel man. Years ago when I lived in Berea my neighbor had one of those "base" cb's. It was very powerful and would bleed into our cable and even into my guitar amp. I could hear everything thing he said; I was so glad when that idiot moved.
Curious

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Be aware that baby monitors will pick up cordless phones in small quarters such as apartment buildings if the cordless phone is under 900mhz.

I found out the hard way once.
just for fun

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

I would have a friend play along with me and start talking about that guy I killed.. I would just say all kinds of messed up crap..Can you imagine the fear it might put in them...LOL
ohno

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Amazed wrote:
Which area of Berea?

Since: Dec 09

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

I was just thinking... sounds like an excellent opportunity for a practical joke of immense proportions. Think it out carefully.
just for fun wrote:
I would have a friend play along with me and start talking about that guy I killed.. I would just say all kinds of messed up crap..Can you imagine the fear it might put in them...LOL
Curious

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

Oh yes, that was exactly what I was thinking. lol

Like, talk about having some "kilos" delivered and get a couple friends to play along and show up looking shady and grungy. Or talk about having a Dominatrix show up at a certain time, then start squalling really loud at that time. LOL
salesman T wrote:
I was just thinking... sounds like an excellent opportunity for a practical joke of immense proportions. Think it out carefully.
<quoted text>
mimi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

i got a whole hood that is in each others business said as hell and dont be like then they will get so deep in yours it will be a conversasion all day and night for the rest of theirs lifes.
curious

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Just put a filter on your cord that hooks into your phones. Then no one can hear what you are saying.
Pups

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

People still using land lines? That's so 20th century...
kay

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

my nieghbor done this to me and while i was still on the phone talking to my boyfriend i knocked on her door, needless to say when she answered i could here myself in her apartment. she was busted and i called the cops. she was charged with a $500 fine so if the idiot that is listening to you is on here, oh no, you are hereby warned.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

Pups wrote:
People still using land lines? That's so 20th century...
Many around here still can't get cell reception at their homes. I know we can't. We've tried three different company's so far. Nadda, nothing. We get zero reception... Only thing we can use from home is a cordless,(or a corded phone when the power goes out).

Maybe when this area DOES catch up to the current century, we can have cell service from a new tower or two, AND buy a beer close to home, huh? ROFLMOB!! Wouldn't that be nice?
<<wink>>
Haha

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Judged:

ledojr wrote:
<quoted text>wat u mean nopers? u make no cents. i got good fone talk reel good! i dont care u do heer me caus i cus u out u lisen me.
i get warnt rest u fur nopin in my busy ness. by nopers
If you talk the way you spell you have no problems, Talk all you want no one will understand you anyway!
Jay

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Judged:

To the one who said she heard herself in her neighbors apartment and she was fined $300.00 . Dont believe a word of it. It is wrong for anyone to listen to anyones conversations but remember the popo also listens to them. People should know by now not to say anything on a phone that u dont want everyone else to know about. Those scanners also pick up cell phones,so beware what you say. I'd worry more about the popo hearing than anyone else. But its not against the law. as they say this has been happening for 30yrs!!! Its only against the law if you tape a conversation!!!!!
TRUTH

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Judged:

Jay wrote:
To the one who said she heard herself in her neighbors apartment and she was fined $300.00 . Dont believe a word of it. It is wrong for anyone to listen to anyones conversations but remember the popo also listens to them. People should know by now not to say anything on a phone that u dont want everyone else to know about. Those scanners also pick up cell phones,so beware what you say. I'd worry more about the popo hearing than anyone else. But its not against the law. as they say this has been happening for 30yrs!!! Its only against the law if you tape a conversation!!!!!
Exactly!!!! Its only a crime if it is taped.
It kills me when these stupid ppl get on here posting nonsense.
They should know that there are ppl who do have some sense on here.
Besides if that person didn't know that that's been going on like forever, then they are really really stupid.
mee

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

People do pathetic things

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Berea Forum right now

Search the Berea Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min Mike Duquette 128,971
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 47 min shish 147,020
I need a job 8 hr Need Work 1
Hitachi Employees 12 hr Wow 9
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 14 hr _-_Nope_-_ 81,562
hiring n berea 20 hr excuse me 3
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) Tue Flint hill bandit 26,210
•••
•••
•••
Berea Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Berea Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••