Workin

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Is this a good place to work, what should a potential employee know about this place?
CkItOut

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Workin wrote:
Is this a good place to work, what should a potential employee know about this place?
All I can say is that the company is very stable, has very little employee turnover and is a union shop (or, it was anyway.) I know people who have worked there well over 30 years with nearly nothing negative to say about the company. Plant is very clean by the way...
Awful

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

I have family there and have nothing positive to say other than the compensation and benefits are good.
CkItOut

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Awful wrote:
I have family there and have nothing positive to say other than the compensation and benefits are good.
Curious.. If you have family there and have nothing positive to say, why are they still working there? The job market is wide open right now and it is an employee's market. One of my clients hired three people this week alone and that is one of fifty six clients. If you have a skill there is work out there. Machining, Welding, Construction, Transportation, Maintenance, Field Work, Railroad, Food Service and a bunch more.

I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts and comments.
Awful

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

CkItOut wrote:
<quoted text>Curious.. If you have family there and have nothing positive to say, why are they still working there? The job market is wide open right now and it is an employee's market. One of my clients hired three people this week alone and that is one of fifty six clients. If you have a skill there is work out there. Machining, Welding, Construction, Transportation, Maintenance, Field Work, Railroad, Food Service and a bunch more.

I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts and comments.
Haven't you ever been in a job you hate? Hopefully they won't be working there too much longer. Like I said, the benefits and compensation are good for the area.
CkItOut

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you ever been in a job you hate? Hopefully they won't be working there too much longer. Like I said, the benefits and compensation are good for the area.
Job I hate? Damn right I have. Washing dishes in a full service resturant. Of course I was 16 at the time and learning the meaning of self reliance and support.

What I should have said, and I am sorry for the way it came out, is there are losts of jobs out there right now. There is no need to stay stuck in something you hate. Life is too short.

May I suggest a book? Read 48 Days to the Work You Love:
http://www.amazon.com/Days-The-Work-You-Love/...

It works for 18 year olds to retirees.

Good luck!

ps I do not work at Okonite. I almost did back in the 70s/early 80s but they went on strike and the job I landed was a non-union position and I was going to cross a picket line out of respect for other employees.
orangeburg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Its not more than the company than it is the management. We haven't work 40 hours in 6 years. We have more General operators and supervisors than workers. If you speak out they will do everything to get rid of you. And in S.C this is a right to work state.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Berea Forum right now

Search the Berea Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min freelancehobo 138,692
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min diverse interests 122,778
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 24 min hum 81,203
Can the dead come back?? 2 hr Believer 15
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 5 hr nope 920
What Berea used to be like..... (Oct '10) 9 hr Hmm 235
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) Thu blahblah123 25,963
•••
•••
•••
•••

Berea Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Berea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance