Western Sky Financial - WARNING-

Western Sky Financial - WARNING-

Posted in the Berea Forum

First Prev
of 40
Next Last
thanksman

Berea, KY

#2 Aug 21, 2010
Thanks for warning people, there is a lot of preditors out there!
Bob Barker

Berea, KY

#3 Aug 21, 2010
Diddle wrote:
Anyone seen the Western Sky Ads on TV lately? For giggles I decided to check it out. Here are the facts:
Barow $2,600 minus a loan fee of $75.00 =$2,525
Payback on 36 months,$10.761.84
Interest rate, 139.34%
Barrow $1500.00 minus loan fee of $500.00 =$1000.00
Payback on 36 months,$7134.88
Interest rate, 199.98%
Source: http://www.westernsky.com/General/Rates.aspx
Caveat emptor!
Be careful out there!
D~
Legal loan sharking...Thanks for the warning.

I wonder if they also break legs if you fall behind?
Programmer A-5

Pahrump, NV

#5 Sep 3, 2010
Okay, so if I go to CashAmerica, I get a loan for $400 +$66.

So make installments, I pay $66 +$50.

$66 +$50 x 8 =$928. So I don't see the problem with them. If you want to get ripped off, go rent from Rent-A-Center.

Since: Dec 09

Pikeville, KY

#6 Sep 6, 2010
Sadly, there are lots and LOTS of "businesses" set up solely to rip off those who aren't smart enough to check out the facts.

The best thing to do is stay out of debt. Do not borrow for anything. Save up and Pay CASH! It's what our grandparents did. There's no law that says you are required to have a car payment. Save up and pay CASH. Pay off your home mortgage as fast as possible.

Live on less than you make... it's a novel concept, one that Congress can't seem to grasp.

Judged:

19

13

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Diddle

Lexington, KY

#7 Sep 6, 2010
Take the Dave Ramsey approach! Live like no one else so you can LIVE like no one else.

Everyone I know, who has money, drives an older vehicle. I have a couple of customers that will only buy used and in one case, rebuildable wrecks. Pays cash and the deal is done.

Best!

D~
beckamo2002

United States

#9 Sep 9, 2010
I love the comment "stay out of debt". Well not all of us buy and buy and buy and are still in debt due to unforseen circumstances! For example: an ex-husband that walked out on me and 4 kids and REFUSED to let me get a college education and now refuses to pay child support. My fault? yeah I suppose so for thinking my husband would be with me for ever and I wouldn't be worried about how to pay my rent so me and my children aren't evicted! Sorry for trying to find a way to make things work in a world that doesn't help the underdog!

Judged:

54

21

19

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Diddle

Lexington, KY

#10 Sep 9, 2010
Please don't read this as a non-understanding post but have you consulted with an Attorney, child services and family services?

There is NO reason that you should be left saddled with the liability of raising a family alone. Respectifully, it takes two to tango. The children did not arrive by stork or UPS. I would encourage you to seek
every avenue of help available to you and make the most of is. there is money for these situations as well as legal recourse - use them!

I wish you the best,

D~
beckamo2002 wrote:
I love the comment "stay out of debt". Well not all of us buy and buy and buy and are still in debt due to unforseen circumstances! For example: an ex-husband that walked out on me and 4 kids and REFUSED to let me get a college education and now refuses to pay child support. My fault? yeah I suppose so for thinking my husband would be with me for ever and I wouldn't be worried about how to pay my rent so me and my children aren't evicted! Sorry for trying to find a way to make things work in a world that doesn't help the underdog!

Judged:

17

11

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 09

Macon, GA

#11 Sep 9, 2010
Agreed. I'd rather your ex support you like he should then the rest of us support you via taxes and assistance. Short term assistance is fine with me, but I have problems with long term assistance.
Diddle wrote:
Please don't read this as a non-understanding post but have you consulted with an Attorney, child services and family services?
There is NO reason that you should be left saddled with the liability of raising a family alone. Respectifully, it takes two to tango. The children did not arrive by stork or UPS. I would encourage you to seek
every avenue of help available to you and make the most of is. there is money for these situations as well as legal recourse - use them!
I wish you the best,
D~
<quoted text>

Judged:

17

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DLA

Eltopia, WA

#12 Sep 13, 2010
I see some of you can add and multiply.If you add up any loan it comes out to be a deeper debt. Can't put the blame on just one loan company,like Western Sky Fin. after all they learned from the best how to take what you want and not pay for it and scam the man for what you can get. You taught 'em well.
Texan

Bayonne, NJ

#13 Sep 25, 2010
Greetings,

Nothing is for FREE in this world. And no one is putting a gun toy your head before you decide to apply for these loans. You the Consumer out there need to ask yourself; why do you need money?. Specially money without working for it!.

And to answer that moron from Ky, this totally legal and constitutional. And to answer that idiot fom New Jersey, NJ is the highest taxed state in the US. So whose loan sharking Who!.

South Dakota can buy KY, NJ or NY ten times over?. And what they are providing is a totally legal service. Because other banks are worse!.

But this is another subject!.

Judged:

21

20

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
13 Bacon

Satellite Beach, FL

#14 Sep 28, 2010
Texan wrote:
Greetings,
Nothing is for FREE in this world. And no one is putting a gun toy your head before you decide to apply for these loans. You the Consumer out there need to ask yourself; why do you need money?. Specially money without working for it!.
And to answer that moron from Ky, this totally legal and constitutional. And to answer that idiot fom New Jersey, NJ is the highest taxed state in the US. So whose loan sharking Who!.
South Dakota can buy KY, NJ or NY ten times over?. And what they are providing is a totally legal service. Because other banks are worse!.
But this is another subject!.
I wasn't aware taxes= loans. Apparently Texan schools are leading the way. No, no one is forced to take loans from this particular business, but get the twig out of your butt and stop heckling someone for putting this information out there and stopping someone from accidentally signing up for this extortion.

Further more, no one applies for these loans because they are lazy and don't work. Maybe when you live on your own and start paying some bills you will realize that emergencies happen that can quickly sap away funds. I myself had to take out a loan because the VA has yet to pay me my GI bill living expenses despite being in college for 4 months already, spending thousands of dollars in savings keeping the lights on and food on the table; Money I saved while risking my ass in Iraq because I knew just how rough it is in civi life.

You should try not being so judgemental, especially of people you don't know and haven't met.

Judged:

44

24

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anonymous

Lexington, KY

#15 Sep 28, 2010
DLA wrote:
I see some of you can add and multiply.If you add up any loan it comes out to be a deeper debt. Can't put the blame on just one loan company,like Western Sky Fin. after all they learned from the best how to take what you want and not pay for it and scam the man for what you can get. You taught 'em well.
Leme guess, DLA stands for Dead Lazy Ass. How did I do?

Since: Sep 10

Berea, KY

#16 Sep 29, 2010
Just as bad as Peoples Bank and their overdraft fees that are manipulated.
Diddle

Lexington, KY

#17 Sep 29, 2010
I did not realize how prevalent these things have become. I just did a Google search for "Quick Loans" Interest rates range form 150% to 400%. Some will not
reveale their rates without personal information![NOW THERE IS A RED FLAG]..

Caveat emptor!

D~
NativeDaughter

Berea, KY

#18 Sep 29, 2010
Single Malt wrote:
Sounds like the "Native Americans" have found another way to get even.
Can you blame 'em?
One_American

Phoenixville, PA

#19 Sep 30, 2010
If this is legal? It should not be. Preying on poverty? Are you sure the reservation is not taking advantage of the escalated sovereign nation located within the United States of America status? Obama signed that law first thing when he got into office! The sovereigners get to vote for this guy too. Could the Native Americans have done this before this administration? I remember loan loop places like this getting closed in the past. Not sure why they can come back now. Loan loop = Viscious cycle, get behind and they refi for another 75$ fee and a few hundred bucks... Voila your loan is current and paying at the highest amount of intrest possible!
Amway

Edgewater, FL

#20 Oct 3, 2010
To the original poster: the proper spelling is "borrow" not "barrow". Learn to spell before you spout bigoted words.

Judged:

17

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
billsswills

Dubois, IN

#21 Oct 4, 2010
bigoted? it was a list of numbers... a helpful list at that.
Just another idiot

Wilmington, NC

#22 Oct 5, 2010
Business ethics....what a conflicting term in this country. Western Sky certainly is not the first predatory lending company. But I personally don't recall another one that advertises as aggressively on television during prime time hours. Clever marketing ploy too. The image of the native American is generally associated as an honorable, honest, hard working people who were victimized by the white man. Some truth to all of that but it truly is a brilliant way to market this crap. If your down on your luck, tired of getting screwed over by corporate America and big government, who do you trust? Ah well, if I have to get ripped off, why not by native Americans? After all, they took it in the shorts a long time ago and have been paying for it ever since. Better them than Haji at the stop and rob who funnels my milk money to Al Qaida in Pakistan.

Judged:

22

13

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
2jobs

Omaha, NE

#23 Oct 10, 2010
So the verdit is no, off work for 6 weeks due to surgery, thought i might borrow a little money to not get behind in bill(too late). Thanks for the informations, i knew it was to good and easy to be true, companies need to learn you can catch more bees with honey then vinegar. I will not do business with a company who charges up to 400% thats stealing. I work 2 jobs 13 hr. days i will make it without going into debt with a greedy company. And I dont think their trying to get back at anyone but I do believe they are learning from those who caused them suffering in the past. I am choctaw and I'm sure I would of been charge the same

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 40
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Athenesword 151,967
Thieves 32 min Lol 14
Main Street cafe sucks 1 hr shame 5
John Lunsford 1 hr EWW 1
Shonna Bailey 2 hr Looking 3
Sturgill Estate :Re Deputy P. Sturgill 4 hr Sturgill Beneficiary 1
any sugar daddies need a sugar baby 8 hr ky47m 8

Berea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berea Mortgages