Marijuana and the church

Marijuana and the church

Posted in the Berea Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dr WS Peterson

Corbin, KY

#1 Aug 12, 2013
Hello,
I came across this piece of information in a church flier, and since many members have asked my thoughts on this topic. where the Clergy is now supporting the use of Marijuana in services, So I thought I would speak on it a minute.

Marijuana in the church:

It has long been known that "cana bosen" spoken of in the Bible is indeed cannibus or marijuana
.
It has not been used in church services for many years since the Federal Government chose to make it illegal.

However, here are 123 verses supporting marijuana in the bible. http://www.openbible.info/topics/cannabis

So what is to be believed. Marijuana, good or bad?

I find it difficult to think anything God has given us to be bad. So I say, ok, use it as all things, in moderation.

See you all in church where we will cover this more in-depth.

William
Dr Peterson

San Diego, CA

#3 Aug 18, 2013
If you truly were a Christian, and really believed in God, you would not shun anything he has given us.

There is no doubt, as the Church has said, to shun Marijuana is to shun God.

Why do you think and all intelligent God would give us marijuana if he did not want it used?

Do you maybe think that it is the Devils plant? Are you such a poor supporter of God that you think the Devil could have a plant in Gods world?

Clearly if God did not want it here, it would be gone. So speak out against God if you want to, and don't support his actions? Be against Marijuana and send yourself to hell as you wish. It's your choice.

See you in Church. If you still think going is important. Or are you afraid to sit in church and badmouth God and his gifts?

The government needs to get out of the church, and step number one is stop making Gods gifts to his people against the law.
Selected

Corbin, KY

#4 Aug 19, 2013
I voted your posting up Bill.

Elija
What

Berea, KY

#5 Aug 19, 2013
I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life! There are many things in this world that are
out there to tempt us... but He gave us the common
sense to say NO! The sense of condemnation to say NO! Marijuana may just be the devils "gift"!!!
Sickness

Irvine, KY

#6 Aug 19, 2013
Dr Peterson wrote:
If you truly were a Christian, and really believed in God, you would not shun anything he has given us.
There is no doubt, as the Church has said, to shun Marijuana is to shun God.
Why do you think and all intelligent God would give us marijuana if he did not want it used?
Do you maybe think that it is the Devils plant? Are you such a poor supporter of God that you think the Devil could have a plant in Gods world?
Clearly if God did not want it here, it would be gone. So speak out against God if you want to, and don't support his actions? Be against Marijuana and send yourself to hell as you wish. It's your choice.
See you in Church. If you still think going is important. Or are you afraid to sit in church and badmouth God and his gifts?
The government needs to get out of the church, and step number one is stop making Gods gifts to his people against the law.
I think maybe you have lost your mind.
Beth Wagers

Corbin, KY

#7 Aug 19, 2013
What wrote:
I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life! There are many things in this world that are
out there to tempt us... but He gave us the common
sense to say NO! The sense of condemnation to say NO! Marijuana may just be the devils "gift"!!!
"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth"

Seems pretty straight forward to me. God word should not be doubted. No matter how messed up your parents did your head when they half raised you.

You cannot pick your Bible pages and not believe them all, you will burn. Read the Bible front to back and learn the whole truth.
What

Berea, KY

#8 Aug 19, 2013
To "BETH WAGERS"... I have read my Bible thru-and thru!!!!! Herb bearing seed to me would be something EDIBLE!!! God also created the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil!!! Eve was told not to eat of it! That Is True...YOU can not pick your Bible Pages!!!!! So YOU should NOT ASSUME that God was speaking of Marijuana!!!!!! There are many, many, seed bearing plants out there... I do have common sense to not consume the POISONOUS ONES!!!!
DO YOU????
Sickness

Irvine, KY

#9 Aug 19, 2013
What wrote:
To "BETH WAGERS"... I have read my Bible thru-and thru!!!!! Herb bearing seed to me would be something EDIBLE!!! God also created the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil!!! Eve was told not to eat of it! That Is True...YOU can not pick your Bible Pages!!!!! So YOU should NOT ASSUME that God was speaking of Marijuana!!!!!! There are many, many, seed bearing plants out there... I do have common sense to not consume the POISONOUS ONES!!!!
DO YOU????
Sounds like "Beth Wagers" does not have any common sense.
Beth Wagers

Corbin, KY

#10 Aug 19, 2013
What wrote:
To "BETH WAGERS"... I have read my Bible thru-and thru!!!!! Herb bearing seed to me would be something EDIBLE!!! God also created the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil!!! Eve was told not to eat of it! That Is True...YOU can not pick your Bible Pages!!!!! So YOU should NOT ASSUME that God was speaking of Marijuana!!!!!! There are many, many, seed bearing plants out there... I do have common sense to not consume the POISONOUS ONES!!!!
DO YOU????


Bad mouth Gods things and burn in hell. Marijuana is mentioned in the bible in over 100 verses. You are not smarter than God. Gog said it was good.
Beth Wagers

Corbin, KY

#11 Aug 19, 2013
Not to mention if you ask your Pastor, he can tell you what it right and what is not. I'll bet he tells you that if you are against Gods things, you are going to hell.

So pick and choose your verses to read and live by, but that will not get you into heaven. Pickers and choosers in many educated peoples opinions means that person is going to hell.
Sickness

Irvine, KY

#12 Aug 19, 2013
Beth Wagers wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =aNSqY3d1KgkXX
Bad mouth Gods things and burn in hell. Marijuana is mentioned in the bible in over 100 verses. You are not smarter than God. Gog said it was good.
It would depend on how you use it, dim-wit.
What

Berea, KY

#13 Aug 19, 2013
Thank you "Sickness"!! These above posts are just a prime example of what this world is coming to!!
God help us all!!! There is no where in the Holy Bible that states Marijuana is good!!! The plant bearing seed that my God mentions is for FOOD CONSUMPTION!!!!! I will pray for you "BETH"!!
I pray that God will give you understanding & guidance! I am not trying to judge you...I have no right to! Enough said... God bless us all...
especially to have better understanding & knowledge of HIS HOLY WORD!
john

United States

#14 Aug 19, 2013
Nothing wrong with it
Local Clergy

San Diego, CA

#15 Aug 19, 2013
If you will use the internet for more than someplace to cut on someone, you could learn a great deal.

It has long been known that Marijuana is one of the ingredients in many of the Holy Oils, and Ointments. It was used both during ceremonies and as a medicine for many ailments.

I know many Pastors, Priest, Clergy, and old fashioned fire and brimstone Preachers. None are against Marijuana, and none see it as wrong in any form.

The people that speak out against the plant do so from misguided information they have received in some form or another.

It is known that it cures many diseases including some types of cancers, hardening of the arteries, psoriasis, all types of pain, and many hundreds more positive things.

It does not harm the lungs like cigarettes, and is way better for you than any form of alcohol.

The plant became illegal due to money. The paper industry freaked out back in the 20's and thought it was going to shut them down, being just as good for making paper as wood, and way cheaper. They lobbied and got marijuana included with the alcohol prohibition, and it never got released.

Clearly the main problem with Marijuana is our elected people taking kick backs from the breweries, and the pharmaceutical companies each giving millions to keep it illegal as they stand to lose money when it becomes legal.

Let me summarize by saying there is no reason in religion not to smoke marijuana, and actually many people would benefit in the religious experience with the help of a small amount of marijuana.

So please stop condemning what you do not understand. Google Pastors and Marijuana and see for yourself, or ask your own pastor, he can steer you straight and possibly allow you to see you are wrong for speaking ut against this herb. It is not your place.
What

Berea, KY

#16 Aug 19, 2013
Mr. "Clergy" it Is Not your place to misguide people either!!! As I have stated previously,
there is No mention of Marijuana in the Bible!!
Yes there were & are herbs being used in Bible days
...no mention of marijuana!!! God gave us Laws...
our Cities & States & Country have laws...why???
Because SIN Abounds!!! My God would not be for any
drug that is MIND ALTERING!!! Yes I know many preachers/clergy that would laugh in your face for what you have stated above!!! We can take anything & make sin out of it ...To him that knoweth to do good & doeth it not, to him it is SIN!! I pray for Our Nation everyday... for Gods guidance...& I pray He will guide you to not push Your beliefs down our throats!
Dugan

Corbin, KY

#17 Aug 20, 2013
How about just letting the fools that are against God's gifts answer for that when they meet.

They will pay then.

Google an read how many different churches support marijuana. It amazes me, I thought the churches would go crazy with this and instead they see it as a good friend coming home.
What

Berea, KY

#18 Aug 20, 2013
I rest my case...you can not reason with stupidity!
Thoughts and beliefs like these aforementioned have
got this Country where it's at today! We gag at a gnat & swallow a camel!!! We've took God out of our schools, our society, out of our Nation!!!!
I am so thankful for true law-abiding citizens,
for true Believers who stand up for God & Jesus
Christ!!! I am so tired of "self- serving" people
who try to push their twisted agendas, values &
upon us! The Bible states that "they draweth nigh
unto Me with their mouths & honoreth Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me....teaching for doctrine the commandments of MEN"!
What

Berea, KY

#19 Aug 20, 2013
Sorry...left out IN VAIN DO THEY WOSHIP ME...
God bless us everyone!
chris

Irvine, KY

#20 Aug 20, 2013
What wrote:
Mr. "Clergy" it Is Not your place to misguide people either!!! As I have stated previously,
there is No mention of Marijuana in the Bible!!
Yes there were & are herbs being used in Bible days
...no mention of marijuana!!! God gave us Laws...
our Cities & States & Country have laws...why???
Because SIN Abounds!!! My God would not be for any
drug that is MIND ALTERING!!! Yes I know many preachers/clergy that would laugh in your face for what you have stated above!!! We can take anything & make sin out of it ...To him that knoweth to do good & doeth it not, to him it is SIN!! I pray for Our Nation everyday... for Gods guidance...& I pray He will guide you to not push Your beliefs down our throats!
1. your "god" and our laws have zero interactions with each other. A violation of a law is just that, not a sin. 2. let's here the verse about the girl that got her dad drunk so he would have sex with her to leave her with child, you know which one it is. If getting drunk and porking your daughter isn't mind altering I don't know what is. 3. according to your beliefs, if it is on this earth, and god made it then it is for us to use, right? If god didn't want us to enjoy the "mind altering" from marijuana, then why do we have cannabinoid receptors in our brain? Or is that to much science? 4. marijuana has never killed one single person, never. Not one person has ever died from the direct use of marijuana. Can you say that about religion?
Common Sense

Corbin, KY

#21 Aug 21, 2013
Sure God gave us marijuana. Just ask any true church member. Now the church people that pick and choose the Bible verses they support, or the ones that view things their way only like most church people in Berea, probably will wind up in hell.

And to add insult to injury, even after the Bible is explained to them they still persist. Even after they are told to abide by all Gods words. They continue to claim that Marijuana is the devils work.

What kind of Christian thinks the devil has more power than God? The above poster mentioned a great point. To enjoy the effects of Marijuana requires a certain thing called cannabinoid receptors to be in your brain, no other way to have the effect without them. So why are humans the only species to have these cannabinoid receptors in our brains? Or do you think God was forced by the devil to include them in our design. Sorry fake Christian but that is not how that works.

Clearly we have cannabinoid receptors so we can enjoy the cannibus plant, Marijuana.

So please stop telling people that Gods gift of Marijuana is bad for people as you will have to answer for that some day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min CriminalsForever 149,663
Looking for Home 26 min Home Again 1
Anyone got any bud? 4 hr Beerbelly 43
What do I do? 4 hr Berea woman 18
stacy chasteen? (May '09) 5 hr Common sense 47
why does berea need this? 9 hr Citizen 16
Gary Neeley 15 hr Tiny 8

Berea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berea Mortgages