Chris Carter-lawyer

Posted in the Berea Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Interested

Pikeville, KY

#1 Jun 30, 2010
Someone told me to check with her about handling a case for me. Said she had a office between Richmond and Berea on highway 25. I had not even heard of her and would like to hear some feedback as to whether or not i want to hire her to represent me. Has anyone seen her in action in court before? If so, tell me is she tough and does she let herself be heard? And how good is she at her job and is she pretty reasonable for her services? Thank you so very much.
thats right

Nicholasville, KY

#2 Jun 30, 2010
i can vouch for her. i went to school with melissa which is her office assistant. but yea.. shes good at what she does
I know

United States

#3 Jun 30, 2010
She handeled my divorce. It was uncontested so we never had to go to court or anything but as far as getting things done in a timely manner she was great. She also handled my moms bankruptcy and I never heard my mom complain about her.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#4 Jun 30, 2010
She is my family, and a great attorney. Her prices are reasonable, and I've seen her in court, she always gets the job done as far as I've seen. Good luck with your case.
hello

Lexington, KY

#5 Jun 30, 2010
I used her. Umm well basically her paralegal/receptionist handled everything w/me I just talked to her, it's like Melissa is the actual lawyer. I would say they do need better communication skills. They were supposed to call me and let me know when they received a paper. Well they never did. So time passed and finally I called and they were sitting on it for a long time and never bothered to let me know tho she said she'd call. They never told me anything I had to call and specifically ask if I needed to know anything. I have no idea how she would be in a court case, if she's tough or not. That's just my unbiased feedback. Can't give a glowing recommedation cause 2x they dint call me w/ info when they said they would. But can't say anything else negative other than that. You could always go in for a consultation and get your own opinion.

If you are needing a divorce lawyer I know someone who was able to find a really good and tough lawyer after having a softy one.

“Where?”

Since: Apr 09

Earth

#6 Jun 30, 2010
A very nice and intelligent lady. She will treat you and your case as if it's personal and will do the best job possible.
ron

Versailles, KY

#7 Jun 30, 2010
she handled my divorce to. uncontested, but it went just like she said. only cost me 550$. believe me it was worth it
me too

Kimper, KY

#8 Jul 1, 2010
i am interested in her services too, but for a divorce. so how is she doing that job? i want someone that can't be bought off or won't stand up and fight for you. hello said they knowed of one that was'nt a soft one. who is that? and makes me wonder is Chris soft throughtout a divorce. i am serios and in real need. so serious replies only please.
Know Her

Ford City, PA

#9 Jul 1, 2010
I knew her and worked with her before she ever went to law school. She was an excellent worker and always went above and beyond what she needed to do to get the job done. I have heard only good about her law practice and I will go there if I need a lawyer in the future,
me too

Kimper, KY

#10 Jul 1, 2010
Is she good handling divorces? Does she fight for her client?
hello

Lexington, KY

#11 Jul 1, 2010
Me too: I can't say about contested divorces. I don't know what she's like in a court battle. Ru fighting for something in ur divorce? I went thru uncontested so there was no fighting just signing papers and that crap. I know someone who had a very nasty, messy divorce where his ex was trying to screw him over and he got a lawyer that didn't do a thing for him and he lost every case. Then he got a good lawyer that fought hard and he won the case. I don't know the name of the lawyer but I can ask and find out if you need to know. I think they are in richmond.
me too

Kimper, KY

#13 Jul 1, 2010
hello wrote:
Me too: I can't say about contested divorces. I don't know what she's like in a court battle. Ru fighting for something in ur divorce? I went thru uncontested so there was no fighting just signing papers and that crap. I know someone who had a very nasty, messy divorce where his ex was trying to screw him over and he got a lawyer that didn't do a thing for him and he lost every case. Then he got a good lawyer that fought hard and he won the case. I don't know the name of the lawyer but I can ask and find out if you need to know. I think they are in richmond.
Please let me know who they are when you get the time. And thank you so very much.
miller

Yerkes, KY

#14 Jul 2, 2010
i have used her for my divorce. well actually my ex husband paid her 850.00 and he was about to let it laps only a few days was left so i called her and ask if i could pay the last 150.00 and go on and divorce his lying, cheating low down ass, and she let me. and i was divorced in a week but it was uncontested. my friend used her just lately for bancruptcy she is a little scatter brained and she wasnt very good at the information she was suppose to let us know about and she takes forever on somethings but in the end my friend done fine .hope this helps
Want to know

Douglas, GA

#15 Jul 2, 2010
Yes, we know Chris Carter. She certainly fought for me concerning my daddy's will. The day we went to court; she traveled all the way from Richmond to my court house to be a witness for my daddy(who is deseased). She had done is will for him. Yes, she works for her clients. I have a lot of respect for her. I would certainly use her again. Money is not an issue for her.
divorce

Mount Sterling, KY

#17 Jul 2, 2010
hello wrote:
I used her. Umm well basically her paralegal/receptionist handled everything w/me I just talked to her, it's like Melissa is the actual lawyer. I would say they do need better communication skills. They were supposed to call me and let me know when they received a paper. Well they never did. So time passed and finally I called and they were sitting on it for a long time and never bothered to let me know tho she said she'd call. They never told me anything I had to call and specifically ask if I needed to know anything. I have no idea how she would be in a court case, if she's tough or not. That's just my unbiased feedback. Can't give a glowing recommedation cause 2x they dint call me w/ info when they said they would. But can't say anything else negative other than that. You could always go in for a consultation and get your own opinion.
If you are needing a divorce lawyer I know someone who was able to find a really good and tough lawyer after having a softy one.
Yes Hello, please tell me who, and where they are located and telephone number if you have it. I need a divorce too and i need one that will stand up and kick some butt for you, instead of letting the opposite lawyer run over you and take everything you are entitled to away from you. Are they very expensive?
Poor Attorney

Ford City, PA

#18 Jul 2, 2010
Free Advertising wrote:
if she has resorted to having her friends give her glowing reviews on topix that should tell you all you need to know
Evidently you are an attorney who she has won cases against and it has affected your business in a negative way. I haven't seen or talked to her in at least 16 years, but I have heard only good about her, then and now. You are a paranoid idiot if you think these posts are from family and friends and that she has asked people to do this. Her business seems to be doing well without ANY advertising. Maybe YOU need to go back and take some of your law classes over so that you may be sharp enough in the court room to win a case every now and then.
meandyou

Lexington, KY

#19 Jul 2, 2010
I know her personally and Ive known her ever since I was about 10. Shes a very hard worker and will do everything she can to a solution for everything. She works late hours everynight and on the weekends. You can drive by and shes still working at like 11 when she doesnt need to.
someone

Yerkes, KY

#20 Jul 3, 2010
i dont care for her secretary. but i like miss carter.
momof2

Waneta, KY

#21 Sep 28, 2011
Does anybody know how much she charges for Bankruptcy?
Friend to all

Danville, KY

#24 Oct 24, 2011
I've known Chris as a Co-worker/friend/professional
relationship for 30 years. She likes to help people and works very hard to accomplish fulfilling each individual persons needs, in every possible way she can. Sometimes that may mean being over-worked, and exhausted...if that is what you call "scatterbrained". Only judge when you wear that persons shoes. You have no idea what entails the work she puts forth. Of course it's up to you whom you choose to represent you. Best wishes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Wrong again Sparky 131,609
Sara's Kitchen 5 hr Real1976 2
Seeking church home 12 hr Barb 4
goodwill 16 hr kammy 3
Pink plastic bags 17 hr Fasteddie 1
Needing 4 or 5 bedroom house. Tue Shelby 2
Why are Christian a full of hate Nov 23 real life 15
Berea Dating
Find my Match

Berea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Berea News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Berea