unlucky

Huntington, IN

#1 Dec 13, 2010
Sunday my phone was stolen it was a samsung seek slider touch screen i bought it just 8 days ago at radio shack if anyone runs across it please take to radio shack reward given i really need it has special meaning
Diddle

Moultrie, GA

#2 Dec 14, 2010
If you will contact your service provider they can locate your phone via the IMEI number. That is stored with your account. The caveat here is this, however. If the idiot who stole the phone simply turns it off and does nothing with it for a month or two, it is pretty well history.

If however they try to activate it, use it, or it somehow ends up in a cellular retailers store, a quiet call will be made to the local police department. Or the retailer will capture the phone and trace the IMEI number to the device user and subsiquently tie it all to the original purchasers account.

The ESN is not really used that much anymore so phones are getting located pretty quickly now. Your phone also likely has a MAC address. That too will bite the crook in the rear if they start using it.

work with you CARRIER not the store wherre the phone was purchased. They generally don't about you headaches. YOU and your CARRIER is who is loosing the money right now.

The only way to really move a riped-off phone is to sell it to some unsuspecting buyer on craiglist.

Hope things work out for you...

Best!

D~

Raiv

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 14, 2010
Great advice, Diddle. I've worked for various cell companies in the past and the information you provided is spot on.
Diddle

Moultrie, GA

#4 Dec 14, 2010
Raiv, you bought a house yet? As I remember, you were looking.

Best!

D~
Raiv wrote:
Great advice, Diddle. I've worked for various cell companies in the past and the information you provided is spot on.
Raiv

Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 14, 2010
Diddle wrote:
Raiv, you bought a house yet? As I remember, you were looking.
Best!
D~
<quoted text>
Hi Diddle,
Yeah, we closed on December 3rd.
We went with a Roy Todd home. We checked quite a few homes and builders and were most impressed with Roy and his sons. Thanks for asking.:)
Diddle

Moultrie, GA

#6 Dec 15, 2010
Can you possibly give a hint as to where you all bought? I remember the area you were looking at (think gutter drains) was it in this area?

Did the location have any FOXy thing about it or does the 700 block mean anything? Big gray chevy 4WD, corner lot etc. If any of these are true, we may well be neighbors!

Best!

D~
Raiv wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Diddle,
Yeah, we closed on December 3rd.
We went with a Roy Todd home. We checked quite a few homes and builders and were most impressed with Roy and his sons. Thanks for asking.:)
Raiv

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 15, 2010
Heh, we didn't go with the house in the gutter drain area. Sadly, FOXy thing and 700 block don't ring a bell.

We actually are right off Shortline Pike in a subdivision that Roy Todd has been building in. If you ever head down this way, you'll pass a house with a raccoon carved from a tree stump - or at least that's what it looks like to me.:)

Sound familiar?
Diddle

Moultrie, GA

#8 Dec 17, 2010
Pretty good idea where you are. I know the guy with the carving. Actually, we worked on a job togather in November. I needed some help and he fit the bill perfectly.

There were two houses that closed (around the corner from me) the 1st of December. Both were Roy's houses. I though you all may have been in one of them. My neighbor and also a person I work with bought the first house that Roy built years ago. His current house was built by the Simmons' and is and awesome house. We share a back yard togather. Funny how life works out like that...

No, we are pretty far apart. I am on the west end of town.

Anyway, glad you all got settled in for the winter. And a big Merry Christmas to you and family in your new home!

Thank God each day for the blessings!

Best!

D~
Raiv wrote:
Heh, we didn't go with the house in the gutter drain area. Sadly, FOXy thing and 700 block don't ring a bell.
We actually are right off Shortline Pike in a subdivision that Roy Todd has been building in. If you ever head down this way, you'll pass a house with a raccoon carved from a tree stump - or at least that's what it looks like to me.:)
Sound familiar?
Raiv

United States

#9 Dec 17, 2010
Diddle wrote:
Pretty good idea where you are. I know the guy with the carving. Actually, we worked on a job togather in November. I needed some help and he fit the bill perfectly.
There were two houses that closed (around the corner from me) the 1st of December. Both were Roy's houses. I though you all may have been in one of them. My neighbor and also a person I work with bought the first house that Roy built years ago. His current house was built by the Simmons' and is and awesome house. We share a back yard togather. Funny how life works out like that...
No, we are pretty far apart. I am on the west end of town.
Anyway, glad you all got settled in for the winter. And a big Merry Christmas to you and family in your new home!
Thank God each day for the blessings!
Best!
D~
<quoted text>
Yeah, I like that the carving is decorated up for Christmas. It's nice.
I know which houses you're talking about. We looked at those but the backyard seemed a bit skimpy compared to what we were used too especially with our sons play set.:)
Do you pass a house that has a Nebraska Huskers flag flying outside heading over your way? It is funny how things work out, isn't it?

Roy Todd has been selling houses like hotcakes over this way. There were three of us that closed in Nov/Dec. There are three more for sale right now and another one just about finished up.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas as well. Hopefully, it will still be a white Christmas - I love the snow!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min ChromiuMan 149,612
Rentals in Berea (Sep '12) 6 hr Hillary 8
Hitachi is now hiring 6 hr Hillary 4
Gary Neeley 9 hr haha 6
Anyone got any bud? 13 hr Beerbelly 42
why does berea need this? Sat Steve Connely 15
Reporting food stamp fraud (Jan '10) Fri virgo 233

Berea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berea Mortgages