Bright Beginnings Daycare

Posted in the Berea Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
curious

Waterloo, Canada

#1 Aug 28, 2010
What do you think about Bright Beginnings Daycare, next to the Dollar Store and Goodwill?? I was thinking of taking my child there...
Been there Done that

Nicholasville, KY

#3 Aug 29, 2010
There are no good day care centers IMO. The best I've seen are only adequate. A shame for people that have no choice.
abc123

Berea, KY

#4 Aug 29, 2010
hey try hands and feet i take my children their and it is great..
mother of 2

Lexington, KY

#5 Aug 29, 2010
This is exactly why I quit my job to stay at home with my baby. Yes, money is very tight, but there is no way my child is ever going in any daycare. I don't care what sacifices me and my family have to make.
agree

Nicholasville, KY

#7 Aug 29, 2010
i know wrote:
I worked there and I wouldn't even take my child there... their are very few ppl there who actually "like" the kids, Regina and Tonya are both a joke! Haha they hate kids, even her own! IF they are sick, she suggest you keep them away from the other kids instead of sending them home. Pink eye, hand foot and mouth, thrash, strep throat YEAH they are all welcome at bright beginnings. AGAIN I WOULDN'T SEND MY CHILD THERE!!!!!!!!!!
I know what u mean as long as u pay her the money she could careless about what is going on! I have had to call her on many times over my child an she acts so stupid like she has no clue what what u r talking about! Tonya is a joke she tries to be nice but talks behind your back an so do the teachers! They all suck except a few..Names.. Jessica,Samantha,Ashley in the ones an Chasidy in the 3's but other than that all the other can kiss my tale! Talking to the children like the are dogs jerking them around by their arms slamming them down on the mats for nap locking them in high chairs till there parents show an say oh they wanted to get in that so we let him. What about the double locks on a soild door in the 2's you have to go to the window before they will open the door then they know ur there an they are all nice to u an the kids! Have u seen the hand book its a joke they dont follow an of her own or state gidelines! Like the locks it says u have the right to have full acesess to your child at anytime when u have to stand there for 4to7 mins. before they unlock the door an look at u like you are so totally stupid for knocking on the door to get ur child or uhooh are we cought?
Regina sits in her office an does nodda with anyone! I cant stand her at all will never work for her again! Since the EHS has started she is terrified that the little miss Tiffany chick will turn her in for running a inproper daycare.Oh get this there is one little girl I wont call no names that is so pretty an sweet (most of the time) in the EHS She has her moments but what kids don't? N E WAYS they are so mean to her treat her like crap yes he hits other kids but mostly when they hit her! They talk to her momma like she is nobody an most of the time MOMMY stands up an puts them in there place! I only know her from daycare I have had a few run ins with her over her girls an thought she was trying to get me in trouble but I soon relized she is also a mommy an works an expects us to take care of her girls the way she would an yes there is more I could have done but she never did turn me in! BUT the other teacher think she is just being a bit*h an dont want to be around her kids now or see her come in the door. I became friends with her after a while I was there an she is a GREAT MOMMY! The others better keep off her girls or I would have to say the don't need to worry over Regina they better watch her she will get ahold of them an it will be hard to get her to let go!LOL I think she should anyways!LOL Kids are KIDS an if u work at a daycare u should know that there will be bad days an good days crazy days an calm days! There are a few other parents I have talked to since I worked there an they have talked about the teachers there, young girls just out for a pay check that has no clue of teaching just watching kids an talking to other teachers to pass the time by! GOOD LUCK PARENTS on finding daycare that will do as it should I have worked at another an it was just as bad!
oh my

Nicholasville, KY

#8 Aug 29, 2010
thats bad
curios

Waterloo, Canada

#9 Aug 29, 2010
Well, I have an infant and was wondering how the infant room teacher is?? I have heard she great! But wondering what you guys thought?? Who knows her?
somebody

Lexington, KY

#10 Aug 29, 2010
I heard the college daycare is open to the public now and when my child was it was great. U might check on it.
agree

Lexington, KY

#11 Aug 29, 2010
Jessica is Great! That is true! When she is there or there all day. But when she leaves at 1:30 they stick those little high school kids in there that is afraid to change a dirty diper right an make sure there bottles are right an cant stand to hear a baby cry! There is a diffrent one in every day. mon-fri. Ask them when u go to pick up ur child how was her day, or where is this or that and do u know an you will always get UUUUMMMM...... I dont know
curious

Waterloo, Canada

#12 Aug 29, 2010
agree wrote:
Jessica is Great! That is true! When she is there or there all day. But when she leaves at 1:30 they stick those little high school kids in there that is afraid to change a dirty diper right an make sure there bottles are right an cant stand to hear a baby cry! There is a diffrent one in every day. mon-fri. Ask them when u go to pick up ur child how was her day, or where is this or that and do u know an you will always get UUUUMMMM...... I dont know
So, I take it you have had or had a child in the infant room!? Is jessica in there everyday or just certain days? What are her hours? Sorry to bombard you with questions but some of these ppl have me concerned!
ceecee

United States

#14 Aug 29, 2010
Good to know all this, my kids are in a different daycare that I'm currently unhappy with. They used to go the CDL on campus -it's fantastic - everyone there has a degree in child development or something similar - my kids learned so much there and their manners were excellent :) but, there's a waiting list for it at the moment. Any other daycares in town anyone recommends? I want to switch my kids to something better. I thought about hands and feet but i heard that it's extremely religious - I don't have anything about teaching kids about various religions, but i hear this one's pretty 'in your face' about it. Anyone know anything about Stepping Stone or Kidz Zone?
Anonymous

Lexington, KY

#15 Aug 29, 2010
I just seen this forum an figured I would post since no other parents have. I have 2 children that go there one in the infant room an one in Head Start. My youngest love her teacher Jessica an most of all the girls that come to her room. My oldest likes her room as well, She comes home singing a new song most everyday. She knows her color an can count. Also her ABC's,I like all the teachers there that work with my kids. But every daycare has their problems. B.B must be liked by alot more parents also they are a heck of alot kids that go there.
hahaha

United States

#16 Aug 31, 2010
i worked there and pulled my child out. It is one of the worst daycares in berea. Regina only cares about money and not the kids. Hell she doesnt care about her own kids. She probably just had them so she could put them in her daycare and make more money. And the sickness thing is true too. She will not send a child home no matter what. She will tell you to keep them at the table away from the other kids. Tonya is a joke too. She cats like all the kids are germbags. She pranc around thinking she is all pretty and only cares about what employee is her pet of the week. Which is usually Christy. I wouldnt even send my dog there. Trisha sucks. She stays on her bell phone and hates the kids. Them when parents come she sucks their ass after she has treated their child like crap all day. She would pawn her daughter off on whoever would take her. And every boyfriend she gets brookLynn is calling him daddy. Kristina is lazy. Cant get her fat ass to do shit. Sam Jessica and Brenda are okay but the others suck. And the head start is a joke. Tiffany talks to the kids like they are retarded and Susie yells at them all day. There are two little girls in particular that Susie is bad to. And that daycare will take any and every child that gets kicked out of every other daycare so you worry about what those children will do to your child. I would use hands and feet or stepping stones. They are good. I couldnt believe bright beginnings got stars. You should have seen the show that was put on for that. They were so fake they should have got a grammy
uncle festus

Gray, KY

#17 Aug 31, 2010
I have recently started a good day care to help meet the needs of all you. I have a small little farm where I put your lil kiddies to good learnin and get them ready for a career in agriculture. No alcihal, or drugs on my place and no foul language. They will learn the fine art of picking beans and building porches. Raising chickens and cleaning fish. And the best part is I am 100% garonteed to be cheaper then any day care in Berea. So if you are short on funds and need to drop your rugrat off give ol uncle festus a call.

Only accept kids age 8 to 17, will accept girls and boys as long as they wear pants and sturdy shoes or boots.
Been there Done that

Ocilla, GA

#18 Aug 31, 2010
Festus, that's just creepy.
former employee

Waterloo, Canada

#19 Aug 31, 2010
All of this is sooooo true!! Very few workers there actually "like" kids... The building is so dirty, the infant room floors turn the kids hand and feet black! Its gross. A few months ago they had roaches so bad the owner Regina had to call the exterminators twice!!!!! Don't choose this place! Its horrible! If you take your kids there, take them out! Take them to Stepping Stones its great =)
uncle festus

Gray, KY

#20 Aug 31, 2010
Been there Done that wrote:
Festus, that's just creepy.
Hey with the new immigration laws I cant hire mexicnas no more. I need someone to pick my beans
somebody

Norman Park, GA

#21 Sep 2, 2010
Head Start is a seperate program and bright begiinings rents the space from head start and Ms. Norris is an awesome teacher in the head start program.
JoHnNA S wrote:
I just seen this forum an figured I would post since no other parents have. I have 2 children that go there one in the infant room an one in Head Start. My youngest love her teacher Jessica an most of all the girls that come to her room. My oldest likes her room as well, She comes home singing a new song most everyday. She knows her color an can count. Also her ABC's,I like all the teachers there that work with my kids. But every daycare has their problems. B.B must be liked by alot more parents also they are a heck of alot kids that go there.
Johnna

Lexington, KY

#22 Sep 2, 2010
somebody wrote:
Head Start is a seperate program and bright begiinings rents the space from head start and Ms. Norris is an awesome teacher in the head start program.
<quoted text>
I don't know her,but my daughter loves her class an Ms.Tiffany an Ms.Susie! At first she didn't but she has grown to love it. She would much rather be in E.H.S. than in the two's,She has like Ms.Susie since the day she met her in plain daycare I'm glad she was allowed to move over with her when she started E.H.S. I'm not sure on who or what they do teaching wise but all I can say is that it worked for my child,she knows all of her colors letters,#1-15 an too many songs to count. She is currently singing Mary had a little lamb. I don't know if you thought my post was trying to sound mean or not but if so I didn't mean it that way. I like the way I can pick up my child an she sings to me all the way home an new song most everyday. Kudos to E.H.S for my child's progress!
shows what u know

Waterloo, Canada

#23 Sep 2, 2010
somebody wrote:
<quoted text>
you obviously don't know what your talking about! Haha! They don't have a teacher named ms norris and they don't rent space from head start reject!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stomper toy trucks from the 80's 56 min Fallguy 19
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 59 min who cares 148,999
Lees famous chicken 2 hr Yum 11
Who is secretly kinky (Jan '11) 3 hr splatter 37
Gordon and Salter Chartered vs. Richmond Womens... (May '10) 19 hr Jbugggg 37
Will blacks continue to destroy all annual town... Wed GED 4
Wanted! Ice Cream Truck for Hire Wed Steve Connelley 2

Berea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berea Mortgages