Does Berea need a performance Shop

Posted in the Berea Forum

Mechanic

Lexington, KY

#1 Oct 18, 2012
Does anyone think a customization & performance shop would go well in Berea.
Possibly even a full engine machinist shop?
depends

Kewanee, IL

#2 Oct 19, 2012
Berea could probably use a cheap engine/tranny rebuild shop that could handle imports. I don't think you could make a living selling wheels and add-ons.

In today's economy, more people are relying on used cars. We need good mechanics to keep them running to 250,000K. If the dealer wants $4500 for a tranny rebuild, you do it for $1500-$2000 and you'll have more business than you know what to do with.

We both know you can make good money at $1500 on a tranny rebuild.

If I was a young man, I'd study to be a certified mechanic.
super wench

Berea, KY

#3 Oct 19, 2012
Sorry, but you cant make money off a trany rebuild for 1500. I,ve done this for 35 years. still build hot rod transmissions, but import tranys cost a lot more to fix. People want to add turbos, superchargers, and nos systems. the hard parts in most factory tranys will not take the extra boost or horse power. When you start updating to aftermarket parts it get ral expencive real quick. I,ve used convertors that cost 1000 because of people wanting to rum 20 pounds of boost. best to be real about what you want and what you can afford.
Mechanic

Lexington, KY

#4 Oct 19, 2012
I was thinking more like a rod shop you know, build rat and muscle. I don't know Old Towne Berea Needs something besides folk art and chocolate. Especially for these festivals and stuff.
super wench

Berea, KY

#5 Oct 20, 2012
It,s coming. Probably be spring before itd ready to open. Still some peices to the pussle to put together, but its going to happen.
just be warned first

Corbin, KY

#6 Oct 20, 2012
it dont matter what you do or what you try to open around here theres people who that will run you into the ground with reasons and rumors that aint even the trueth. seen it done to many times. you cant do nothing here and you cant open a business around here that people wont talk behind your back in town or right here on topix and try to run you thru the mud so your best bet is to get the hell out of here and try somewhere else if you want to start a business and make it work. if they see any cars at your business then you must be dealing drugs. and heaven help you if any women customers ever come in cause you gotta be cheating if they do. dont forget that you will be accused of running a gambling room in the back.

you couldnt give half these idiots a 3 dollar all you can eat buffet that they wouldnt try to ruin your name for it. never seen the likes of these hate filled jealous idiots like we got around us here. nothing they like more than seeing someone fail cause they aint got enough gumption to get off there own butts to try doing better.

if there was a way for somebody to get deep in business with the govt and give them a check every first of the month and stamps to feed them for free then you could be a millionaire in less then a year.

trust me these people aint worth you loosing your hard saved money on. take it to another county if you want to make it. hell another state might be better cause these people around here live there whole lifes just to see other people fall on there faces.
CkItOut

Lexington, KY

#7 Oct 24, 2012
FULL SCOPE MACHINE & PERFORMANCE was behind Near New Auto. As to whether they are still open or not, I have no clue. Last time I looked there was a truck there with that name on it but it has been a while.
speed freak

Hopkinsville, KY

#9 Nov 27, 2012
We need a local speed shop. I have been looking for a local parts and machine shop since Medlock went out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Jul '10) 58 min Jennifer Renee 20,022
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 18,203
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 30,210
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr stray-cat 132,163
Old Denny's at exit 77 6 hr Amy 6
how do you stop doing drugs without going to re... (Feb '10) 18 hr krazy 75
hiring n berea Thu work 4
Berea Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web