Is Berea getting a Lowe's?

Posted in the Berea Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
hopeful

Lexington, KY

#1 Dec 17, 2008
Someone told me the other day that we are going to be getting a Lowe's store. Is that a fact, or was he just guessing?
Yeah-1

Pikeville, KY

#2 Dec 17, 2008
It is supposed to be built over by the Lees Famous Recipe
Diddle

London, KY

#3 Dec 17, 2008
Fact. Location is S. Dogwood, behind (sort of) Lee's.
Yaboo

Lexington, KY

#4 Dec 17, 2008
That's far too close to Southern States to ever be successful.
Diddle

London, KY

#5 Dec 17, 2008
Yaboo wrote:
That's far too close to Southern States to ever be successful.
What a dumbass
TakeCareOfYourMa n

Berea, KY

#6 Dec 17, 2008
It is too close to Southern States, it will never work there. I think they should move into the old TG&Y building behind Walgreens. It will cause a ton of bad traffic though because Walgreens opens in Jan and it will be packed.
Yaboo

Lexington, KY

#7 Dec 17, 2008
TakeCareOfYourMan wrote:
It is too close to Southern States, it will never work there. I think they should move into the old TG&Y building behind Walgreens. It will cause a ton of bad traffic though because Walgreens opens in Jan and it will be packed.
This should come as no surprise though, since when has Berea been known for making traffic easy? B&B Grocery, Cardinal Deli, and Blue Tail Fly can only be accessed on Short St. A one way street! And if someone has to go rent a tux or get a shoe repaired, you're talking at least a 10 minute traffic jam.
TakeCareOfYourMa n

Berea, KY

#8 Dec 17, 2008
Yaboo wrote:
<quoted text>
This should come as no surprise though, since when has Berea been known for making traffic easy? B&B Grocery, Cardinal Deli, and Blue Tail Fly can only be accessed on Short St. A one way street! And if someone has to go rent a tux or get a shoe repaired, you're talking at least a 10 minute traffic jam.
I talked to Fast Eddie the other day. He says business isn't that great. It's a chore anymore to get a shake up there at Porter Moore.
u dont know me either

Berea, KY

#9 Dec 17, 2008
lowe's won't be too close to southern states because they no longer exist in berea. and walgreen's is already open too
TakeCareOfYourMa n

Berea, KY

#10 Dec 17, 2008
u dont know me either wrote:
lowe's won't be too close to southern states because they no longer exist in berea. and walgreen's is already open too
You're high. Southern States will never go outta business. It's right there in front of Riddle's Gym on Dogwood.

Which Walgreen's is open?
u dont know me either

Berea, KY

#11 Dec 17, 2008
there is a flea market in there now southern states been closed for years now.the one where walmart used to be on richmond road in berea and ol by the way i am not high
Moped Earl

Nicholasville, KY

#12 Dec 17, 2008
Is Riddle's Gym close to Old Kentucky Campground? I have been going to Old Kentucky to swim but the water has been so cold I would rather work out inside. If it is close then I can walk there from my camper..
TakeCareOfYourMa n

Berea, KY

#14 Dec 17, 2008
We must be talking about a different place. Southern States is open, right across from the Waffle Pantry.

The Walgreen's on 25N doesn't open til Jan.
TakeCareOfYourMa n

Berea, KY

#15 Dec 17, 2008
Moped Earl wrote:
Is Riddle's Gym close to Old Kentucky Campground? I have been going to Old Kentucky to swim but the water has been so cold I would rather work out inside. If it is close then I can walk there from my camper..
Riddle's Gym is kinda behind Southern States. It doesn't have a pool though, it's a basketball court. Feel free to come over and play with us though.
u dont know me either

Berea, KY

#16 Dec 17, 2008
i dont know where riddle's gym is.like i said southern states has been closed down forever there's a southern states in richmond though
Yaboo

Lexington, KY

#17 Dec 17, 2008
TakeCareOfYourMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Riddle's Gym is kinda behind Southern States. It doesn't have a pool though, it's a basketball court. Feel free to come over and play with us though.
They also have a pool table, a dart board, and a punch out game. It's the best gym in Berea.
u dont know me either

Berea, KY

#18 Dec 17, 2008
go to walgreens on 25 north and you will find out for yourself that they r open already been there twice im telling that southern states does not exist anymore its a flea market now ok ill try to make down there sometime
Moped Earl

Nicholasville, KY

#19 Dec 17, 2008
go to walgreens on 25 north and you will find out for yourself that they r open already been there twice im telling that southern states does not exist anymore its a flea market now ok ill try to make down there sometime
I think I might give Riddle's Gym a try tonight. You want to go with me? When we get done working out, we can swing by Stuckey's Dairy Queen and treat ourselves for the hard work.. Then we will run by the new Walgreen's and see when in January they are opening. Wonder if they will need help setting up the make-up isle? We could pick up an application..
u dont know me either

Berea, KY

#20 Dec 17, 2008
whatever you sure sound like you don't know what your talking about because they opened in november 07 2008 so take my advice and go c for yourself you will find out there already opened
Yaboo

Lexington, KY

#21 Dec 17, 2008
whatever you sure sound like you don't know what your talking about because they opened in november 07 2008 so take my advice and go c for yourself you will find out there already opened
Where in the world did a Walgreens open? I thought you said they were building a Walgreens inside of the new Lowes next to Southern States.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 53 min USSR 159,659
Male Yorkie For Stud Service (Jan '10) 2 hr The Oracle 13
Hat Lady Lesa 6 hr sara 22
Hitachi needs a union 6 hr Someone who knows 57
any homeless shelters or someone can take in pe... 7 hr bugs life 9
Bart Bowman slum lord. 12 hr Doneitagain 11
ODs Last Night 18 hr Tim 5

Berea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berea Mortgages