need info

Berea, KY

#1 Dec 7, 2009
Does anyone work at pgw or ppg or whatever it's called?? Can you tell me what it's like. Is it a good place to work, good people, is it really nasty--like a typical factory?
None

Berea, KY

#2 Dec 7, 2009
It is called PGW now. My husband works there. It is like any factory, with the manufacturing people coming and going often. The people are good to work with though, and the plant manager is a good guy.
ditto

Richmond, KY

#3 Dec 7, 2009
I agree, my brother-in-law was hired there about 6 or 7 weeks ago and he seems to enjoy it. He said most of the people he has worked with have been very nice.
need info

Berea, KY

#4 Dec 8, 2009
does anyone know how much the full time operators make? Or how long it takes to become full time if you're a temp? Thanks.
None

Berea, KY

#5 Dec 9, 2009
A lot of companies have hiring freezes right now, so honestly I wouldn't count on being hired full time anywhere right now. If you can get temporary work, buy some self employment insurance and enjoy the paycheck. That's what we did. JMO. I don't know about the pay rate.
kathi

Somerset, KY

#6 Mar 1, 2012
does any one know how many hour shifts pgw work?
Fulltime

Berea, KY

#7 Mar 10, 2013
full time people make 13.90 starting
Good place to work

Milton, WI

#8 Mar 21, 2013
Its a good place to work, for either company. Both Managers are great and they work good together. After 520 hours you are eligble for full time hire but some are content with remaining SMX employees and decline to test with PGW. You can apy online at apply.smjobs.com use job code S38.
wondering

Tyner, KY

#9 Mar 20, 2015
Does anyone know if they are weekly or bi weekly
Blah

London, KY

#10 Mar 20, 2015
i went to one of there job fairs.they thought it was awful cause i wanted to know what id be doing.so id say its not very good.
former employee

Lexington, KY

#11 Mar 23, 2015
Women are jealous and turn their noses up to the new female hires and make comments that you aren't going to take their man.... childish. I hated it. tupical factory.

Since: Apr 15

Georgetown, IN

#12 May 28, 2015
My husband and I are new to the area. Are there jobs I could do in this plant or is it mostly for men?
bluejay21

Pikeville, KY

#13 May 28, 2015
Interested in working here, What is it like and how much does it pay? Is it easier to get hired on through the company or through smx?
Help

Owensboro, KY

#16 May 23, 2016
Is this a good place to work? Is it easy for a woman to get hired there? What is the starting pay? Just want some information whether it's good or bad.
Former worker

United States

#17 May 24, 2016
former employee wrote:
Women are jealous and turn their noses up to the new female hires and make comments that you aren't going to take their man.... childish. I hated it. tupical factory.
Very childish ....what makes it funny is some of those women that don't want you taking their man will try and take others hubby's away. Trust me I know a furnace tech who done just that......
LOL

Manchester, KY

#18 May 24, 2016
its not a very good job unless you like being temp for long time maybe always.i went too one of there jobs fairs what a joke they thought it was awful i wanted too know what id be doing.and then they blocked me from working there for six months.then sent me a email we want you back lol.id never work there now.
Trish

United States

#19 Nov 27, 2016
What employment agencie do I go through
Hmc

Indian Trail, NC

#20 Jan 3, 2017
None wrote:
A lot of companies have hiring freezes right now, so honestly I wouldn't count on being hired full time anywhere right now. If you can get temporary work, buy some self employment insurance and enjoy the paycheck. That's what we did. JMO. I don't know about the pay rate.
Yes there was a hiring freeze just before Christmas, I was hired, but couldn't start til after the first of January. The pay is low. Start at 10.00 with an added 25 cent for attendance, nights is 10.25 with if not mistaken, a .25 cent added for attendance. You work 12 hour shifts on on rotating 322 shift. 3 on 2 off. I'll see how this pans out for me.
It sad now

United States

#22 Jul 18, 2017
Over the almost 1 year I've been there it's gone downhill fast. Started off as a place that seemed to appreciate hard work and would promote those that showed effort. Now it seems to be more about the " pucker up and kiss " and some of the new supervisors are to worried about keeping their noses buried to handle the concerns of their employees. They'll blame their mistakes on the crew to avoid looking bad etc. During a 12 hr shift it's normal to have 3-4 hours downtime because no one wants to listen and correct the problems in certain areas, yet management will ask why numbers are so low while supervisors pretend Noone has told them countless times what's going on. Pay is not bad, shifts are not bad but better places to work...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Forumwatcher 172,974
secret bi guys in berea (Jul '17) 2 hr Hubabubba 13
meth heads in berea 2 hr silver one 12
Kendra Scott ? 20 hr Jake 1
Roy Miller (Dec '08) 20 hr Bill 19
Who do you dislike most in Madison County (Oct '08) 21 hr Rick 15
Tyler rose (May '17) Thu Amazing racist 8

Berea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berea Mortgages