all my children

Kansas City, KS

#1 Dec 21, 2009
whats yalls opinions on stepparents,i think they need to stay out of the way and let the real parents handle things,my kids hate their stepmom and its only cause she tries to control them and keep their dad away from them.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#2 Dec 21, 2009
Well, they're PARENTS nonetheless.
angel

Kansas City, KS

#3 Dec 22, 2009
i would like to say that the stepmom should mind her own business and let the real parents take care of them,and the dad if he stays away from his kids over some bimbo then he is a low life s.o.b.,sorry to say but you dont let any woman or anyone come between you and your kids thats just wrong and now its christmas so ever who this is i hope you go and spend some time with your kids,may god bless you all.

Since: Dec 09

Richmond, KY

#4 Dec 22, 2009
I am actually working on an article concerning this topic. It is in its early stages right now but when I get done I would love to share it with you.

But what I have found is it depends on the dynamics of the home life. One shoe will not fit every foot, so what is right for one situation is not right for all. There are so many things that should be considered this cannot be easily decided without knowing every little aspect of the home life. But in most cases, children that where raised by step parents are great-full they took an active role in their upbringing.

"all my children" if you want I will send you my editorial when I get done with it. I am an aspiring writer and currently working on a few things to be published. This is a topic I have been working on for sometime now, well I started researching it in college. I have interviewed a lot of people and have about 400 questionnaires that I received during this time. It really is a complicated subjected that even mental health professionals have a wide range of views on.

Location hidden

#5 Dec 22, 2009
Okay. Here it is.

So what if the dad divorces the mother, gets full custody of the children, and remarries. You want the stepmother to back off and just...be some sort of empty vessel in their home? She is now a guardian/ parent of this house-old because the father remarried. Legally she has any and all rights to be in the kids' life. So if he wants the stepmother to be there for the kids and not the real mother, then he's a low life? No. It doesn't work that way. It's not some 'bimbo' as you put it. She is now legally a mother, and if the father has full custody, it's not up to the divorced mother whether or not the stepmother can act as a parent because she has no say over the kids' life anymore due to the 'full custody' battle.
stepmom

Booneville, KY

#6 Dec 22, 2009
Being a step parent has many challenges. I am raising one of my stepdaughters along with my own children. I love her very much, but it is difficult because she is with me fulltime, but I get constant reminders that I am not her real mom.
hopefull

Lexington, KY

#7 Dec 22, 2009
There are women who are so jealous over their ex's new wife that they can't keep their mouths shut around their kids. They will say bad things about the step mom's and then the kids hate her and won't listen to her. It all starts from ADULTS...And a friend of mine has said that if the dad buys presents for his kids, she will throw them in the trash...now what the hell kinda way is that to treat your children...give it to them and suck it up and try and say something nice for a change!! Mean is ugly!!
ummmm

Winchester, KY

#8 Dec 22, 2009
Sometimes, the stepmother is more of a mother than the actual parent. My stepson says he has two moms, the one who gave birth to him and the one who takes care of him. I'm the one who takes care of him, hugs him when he gets hurt, gets him off to school every morning, makes his breakfast, lunch and dinner, buys his clothes and shoes (his mother does not pay child support) and drives him all over the place to do stuff kids do. So, in our case, if I didn't parent him, he wouldn't have a mother at all. Wouldn't that be sad?
why me

Lexington, KY

#9 Dec 22, 2009
In my opinion I believe if the step parent is providing clothes housing basically anything to help the child and better their life a step parents should have the right to dicipline and share in parts of raising the child.i too have a step daughter which i help provide everything just like her mother and father but yet i get no respect i get a rotten attitude, in which her mother does not like me so she is allowed to do it. Now choosing another woman over your child that is totally different subject!!
My experience

Lexington, KY

#10 Dec 22, 2009
My father remarried after my mother died a number of years ago. We thought Irene was as honest and sweet as she could be. He trusted her with his and my mother's money in an account she had access to after his death. His will said it was to be used to pay his funeral expenses and the remainder split equally among his wife and two daughters. Well, the hateful hag kept it all -- and even made my sister and I pay for his funeral and burial. We wouldn't have minded doing that had his will not specifically said he wanted to pay for his own funeral. At least he's buried next to my mother and nwon't be next to the witch in Florida when she's called to the other side (whether it be heaven or hell). I pray that God gives her whatever is her highest good.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 22, 2009
That doesn't mean that every and all Stepparents will be that way, though.

Location hidden

#12 Dec 22, 2009
Also do you still have a copy of the will? If so, you can sue her.

Since: Dec 09

Richmond, KY

#13 Dec 22, 2009
Every dynamic is different. It sounds like an unfortunate situation you are in. I am sorry for you having to go through all this. Sadly though if she had access to the accounts there will most likely little recourse and paying a lawyer to tell you this will only make matters worse. Now people on here will jump up and down saying NO NO you can sue. They are partly right, as anyone can file a suit over anything, but unless you are talking a large amount of money nothing will come of it. Lawyer fees can be surprising.

I really hate to hear of people that find them selves in these type of battles during the death of a loved one.
Well

United States

#14 Dec 22, 2009
Well I am divorced and also newly engaged and my fiance is great to my kids and he provies and loves them as if they were his own and my ex has a great gf and I pray shes always around because my kids love her and she loves them and makes me feel good knowing while they arent in my care that this other mom is and that I know she wouldnt let anything happen to them..so for the good ones out there Godbless...
to john JT

Lexington, KY

#15 Dec 22, 2009
i am divorced ,, i have 2 minor children ,, there father does pay child support an is suppose to see the kids every other day ,,but doesnt ,, he has a gf who at first was real good to my children after about a year ,she turned a 360 and wanted to boss me around by tellin me that i had to go thru her to give dad information ,, even when the child got put in the hospital ,, she had 4 kids of her own whom she gave to there real father at my exs request ,, when my children does see there father which is about once in 2 to 3 months ,, the gf takes the children in the kitchen and ask all kinds of ????? about my home what i do ,, who is at my house ,, where do i take them,, right down to telling them that the child support belongs to them ,, has the kids very upset when they return home ,,, i have tryed talkin to her about this ,, cause this is ADULT stuff that kids dont understand and at my kids ages they get easily confused and then it causes an arguement ,, i have told them the FATHER AND THR GF if they have ???? o will gladly answer them and show pruff of every thing that i do ,, i have been in comp care with my kids now for about 3 years because of this situation ,, the meditor tryed to set up a meeting to discuss the situation and he refused ,, in the end the kids is the ones to get hurt
Well

United States

#16 Dec 27, 2009
Sorry to hear that but if my ex gf started anything which I believe she woulodnt dare I am nice but wont take any crap! But the visits would stop...but I honestly feel shes a good gal and wouldnt ever hurt them in any way and mine are older so that helps they old enough to tell and just again feel like they love her and she doesn them we try do whats best fort hem dont get me wrong their dad has his moments but I deal with it..but hopefully the adults will grow up and behave for the childrens sake..but theres always those ones who wont...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min CCzar 166,263
Gina reams 10 hr Starwishes 5
I just can't believe it 12 hr you all suck 1
Farrar Fields Chadwell photographer or phony!!!! 12 hr you all suck 3
need help here ladies 12 hr Emma 17
The rock 12 hr just sayin 6
Rape in Berea 12 hr just sayin 4

Berea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berea Mortgages