internet service without windstream

internet service without windstream

Posted in the Berea Forum

no phone

Donalsonville, GA

#1 Jun 2, 2010
can anyone tell me if i can have internet service in Berea without keeping my landline with windstream?
Hop Sing

Nicholasville, KY

#2 Jun 2, 2010
Adelphia once offered Inet access without TV but the price as only a few dollars cheaper.

With Windstream, if you have DSL, you have phone. Period. When I called (about 8 months ago) I was told no. The only reason I have a house phone is to get Inet. We droped cable (at damn near $70.00 a month) in favor of DirecTV. Saved $21.00/m first year and 15/m 2nd year.

When you get DSL, all you have to have to do to use the line for voice communications is a hibrid spitter/devider. And all that does is remove the hiss (DSL signal) from the DSL noise.

Oh, and forget HughesNet. Horable speeds along the line of dialup by a tad faster. HughesNet is OK for 20-miles from nowhere locations.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#3 Jun 2, 2010
Um, you can call Southeast Telephone, OR go to the Cricket store and get it that way. I got rid of Windstream last year, since they were charging me for service I wasn't receiving. Southeast can you give landline service and internet, but if you want to get internet without a landline, you'll probably have to go to Cricket and use theirs.
Edgewood

London, KY

#4 Jun 2, 2010
Check into Greenstreak from Windstream. I have it and really like it. You basically are just getting internet without phone services. However, you can answer any incoming calls, or dial 800 numbers included. You cannot call out or it will cost you 10 cents a minute. But, I do miss not having caller ID. Check it out on Windstream's webpage.
Edgewood

London, KY

#5 Jun 2, 2010
Also, I forgot to mention the best part my Windstream phone/internet bill went from 85.00 to 46.00. No complaining about that!!
Yeah

United States

#6 Jun 2, 2010
Edgewood wrote:
Also, I forgot to mention the best part my Windstream phone/internet bill went from 85.00 to 46.00. No complaining about that!!
My bill is $54 a month, and I have internet and unlimited local calling. Geez.....some people don't know a deal when they have one.....
Edgewood

London, KY

#7 Jun 3, 2010
Geez,,,was this with Windstream??? So glad I live in Kentucky where ignorance is in an abundance,,,sarcasm!!!
no phone

Donalsonville, GA

#8 Jun 3, 2010
thanks you all have been helpful :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Wisdom of Ages 170,565
Berea walmart 4 hr Big Edd 2
Looking for local Drywall men. 6 hr MoveOn 3
Kings Drywall 13 hr Serenity 1
Becky Rogers (Oct '09) 13 hr Serenity 26
Christmas lights 16 hr Iknow 4
Kristin Laura Jones lainhart Tue I_am_enough 11

Berea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berea Mortgages