Hitachi to add 100 jobs in Berea, may...

Hitachi to add 100 jobs in Berea, mayor says

There are 36 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Aug 26, 2011, titled Hitachi to add 100 jobs in Berea, mayor says. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas in Berea, which recently secured a contract to manufacture components for the Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid vehicle, will soon begin hiring for about 100 new manufacturing jobs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ROX

Lexington, KY

#1 Aug 27, 2011
Outstanding! Great to see the MEMA building painted and put back into operation.
Job Seeker

Danville, KY

#2 Aug 27, 2011
Does anyone know how to apply for one of the jobs at Hitachi?
just wondering

United States

#4 Aug 28, 2011
Will they let the people from tokico bid on those jobs. I can only hope
Hope not

Lexington, KY

#5 Aug 28, 2011
I hope that they consider the unemployed before letting those from the main plant bid. They already have permanent jobs. There are many that are desperate.
just wondering

Mountain View, CA

#7 Aug 29, 2011
Everbody deserves a chance to get a better job. Hitachi is hitachi. They shoukd let people go down there and let the unemployed go to the hell hole.
just wondering

United States

#9 Aug 29, 2011
How old are u 12. Grow up.
ROX

Lexington, KY

#10 Aug 29, 2011
Hope not wrote:
I hope that they consider the unemployed before letting those from the main plant bid. They already have permanent jobs. There are many that are desperate.
If people at the main plant bid (and received) these jobs, would that not create vacancys in the main plant?

What would be the difference?

People who have been there the longest, should they not have rights to seek different employeement within the company? If you had worked somewhere for say six or seven years, don't you think you should receive preferential rather than someone off-the-street?
someone

Lexington, KY

#11 Aug 29, 2011
Alot of them don't have "permanent" jobs, because they are working through a "temp" service.. and most of which are trying to get on as a "Hitachi" employee, because they receive NO BENEFITS (medical, dental, vision) for their families, when they are a temp. They deserve to get hired on as a Hitachi employee as well, if they are capable of "doing their job" and continue to "do their job".
Hope not wrote:
someone

Lexington, KY

#12 Aug 29, 2011
As well if there are so many "desperate" people to work, then why do they not go to Kelly Services and apply for a job... just like MANY who work at Hitachi had to do!!! But then again.... they HAVE to have a High School Diploma or a GED. Maybe that is why they can't get hired on there.
wondering

Lexington, KY

#14 Aug 30, 2011
The jobs at the new plant will not be filled from current Hitachi Berea people. The hiring will be done by the Harrodsburg plant. The job applications will be done through the Employment Office in Richmond.
whoaaaaa nelly

Lexington, KY

#15 Aug 30, 2011
Thank you!!
hmmm

Harrison, AR

#16 Aug 30, 2011
What does Hitachi pay an hour starting out?
Naysayer

Lexington, KY

#17 Aug 30, 2011
wondering wrote:
The jobs at the new plant will not be filled from current Hitachi Berea people. The hiring will be done by the Harrodsburg plant. The job applications will be done through the Employment Office in Richmond.
Actually you are wrong. There will be a mixture of ppl from Berea, Harrodsburg, and new hires at the new (old panasonic) building
Hmmm

Harrison, AR

#18 Aug 30, 2011
Anyone? I applied but I'm worried if I get selected it won't be worth the gas.
the best it will have

Tomball, TX

#19 Aug 30, 2011
How do u apply for the new hitachi n the old panasonic bldg. N e ifo appreciated.
hmmm

Harrison, AR

#20 Aug 31, 2011
You have to send them a resume online, today is the last day they are being accepted at least that's what the paper said. So does anyone know what this will pay?
just wondering

Willowbrook, IL

#21 Sep 1, 2011
It will pay around 13 to 14 an hour. It is the same pay scale as harrodsburg.
hmmm

Harrison, AR

#22 Sep 1, 2011
Is this true or what?
the best it will have

Toledo, OH

#23 Sep 1, 2011
hmmm wrote:
You have to send them a resume online, today is the last day they are being accepted at least that's what the paper said. So does anyone know what this will pay?
SEND WHO A RESUMEE ON LINE. The unemployment office! Hitachi? Who? Are they open rite now. Are there n e office people there ti help with an app??
Looks Good

Doniphan, MO

#24 Sep 2, 2011
I called the unemployment office and they didn't have a clue... So how do you get a application? Who is hiring for them? When r they going to start hiring for the new plant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min DISSIDENT 166,311
You know what would screw up Bere's little left... 18 min Really 7
Farrar Fields Chadwell photographer or phony!!!! 5 hr Jaded 7
Wings etc 8 hr Nice try m8 2
The rock 8 hr What 9
Randy Coffey groupies Wed Ronny Raygun 8
Rape in Berea Wed Shame 5

Berea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berea Mortgages