booze at boone tavern no way no good for berea ky.

Posted in the Berea Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
take it home

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

berea ky has been a queite collage town since the beging of time an now they want booze here for all the collage kids to drink cause problems trouble around the clock. want be nothing but a nussian to the city of berea' police dept. will be hiring an what is working will be exta full time. no good for the future of berea ky. vote no.no.

Since: Mar 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

u r a day late lol
Mee too

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

Hahahaha

Yeah and college students can so afford Boone Tavern. Come on now, lets not be stupid. College students will do what they have always done, drive to Richmond.
localyocal

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

Alcohol is just getting their foot in the door. What are they going to do next?
Read

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

What is so bad about having a glass of wine with dinner? I don't understand. I have a couple of glasses every night, I have 2 jobs, work hard, pay my bills. I am not evil because I drink and I just don't get what is so bad.
localyocal wrote:
Mee too

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

It is not bad. The only people who consider it bad are those who want to impose their morality on others.

Nothing wrong with a glass of wine at dinner!
localyocal

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

Mee too wrote:
It is not bad. The only people who consider it bad are those who want to impose their morality on others.
Nothing wrong with a glass of wine at dinner!
It never stops at by the glass! In a couple of years Berea will be like Richmond.
Mee too

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

Heaven help us if people can actually buy a bottle of wine to take home in Berea. Ohhhh the humanity.
Dexter

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

Power to the people!
hah

Wyoming, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

berea will never be like Richmond, the girls at berea could never make a good bar scene.

Maybe a gay lesbian bar that serves organic tofu biodynamic shooters infused with kale juice.

I find it a sham, yes sham, not shame, that the 2 finest establishments in berea;(Papaleno's, and Main Street Cafe) are just a few feet away and can't partake of this potential economic boom.

What a complete waste of a vote. Main Street has big city quality food; and Papaleno's customers speak for it quite often.

I want a pitcher of Stella with my pizza dangit.
new

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

localyocal wrote:
Move into the 20th century maybe?
Read

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

I'm sorry if you don't like it, but it wasn't a SHAM. The East Berea precinct initiated the vote and it was absolutely legal. And clearly you have never been to a big city......
hah wrote:
berea will never be like Richmond, the girls at berea could never make a good bar scene.
Maybe a gay lesbian bar that serves organic tofu biodynamic shooters infused with kale juice.
I find it a sham, yes sham, not shame, that the 2 finest establishments in berea;(Papaleno's, and Main Street Cafe) are just a few feet away and can't partake of this potential economic boom.
What a complete waste of a vote. Main Street has big city quality food; and Papaleno's customers speak for it quite often.
I want a pitcher of Stella with my pizza dangit.
Doo-wopper

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

Just curious, can a Berea precinct have a moist or wet election without the rest of the city?

Stephen
Mee too

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

They can and did.
Doo-wopper

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

I thought the rules for historic moist elections were different from general moist wet/dry.

Thanks
Stephen

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

How can one oppose drinking alcohol on religious grounds when Christ's first miracle was to turn water into wine for a wedding feast? I'll never be able to figure out why certain people oppose drinking on moral and religious grounds. Can anyone explain that to me?

Also about this 'moist vote' and Papaleno's and Main Street Cafe being left out. Larry Shinn is quoted in the paper as saying it will be a long time before the trustees vote on this to allow it to be sold.

So, if that is true, who's idea was it to have the vote and furthermore whose idea was it to limit it to just Boone Tavern? Just doesn't add up.
Read

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

Judged:

Doo-wopper wrote:
I thought the rules for historic moist elections were different from general moist wet/dry.
Thanks
Stephen
Read the posts, for heavens sake! The East Berea precinct is the only one located in the same precinct as "a qualified historical site." the neighborhood association did a petition to have a vote, submitted it to the county, it got ok'd, and they voted yes. It is still Berea College's decision to choose to serve, the vote allows them to, it doesn't require them to. It adds up fine, stop looking for conspiracies.
Mickey

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

Judged:

I agree that the vote was legal, etc. My concern is for the alcoholic and their family. I was reared by an alcoholic and although I loved the alcoholic dearly, I hated his problem and so-called friends. It created a terrible home life. I live in fear of having the same addiction someday. Therefore, I stay away from the fruit of the vine.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

Judged:

Mickey wrote:
I agree that the vote was legal, etc. My concern is for the alcoholic and their family. I was reared by an alcoholic and although I loved the alcoholic dearly, I hated his problem and so-called friends. It created a terrible home life. I live in fear of having the same addiction someday. Therefore, I stay away from the fruit of the vine.
'
I seriously doubt that Boone Tavern is going to become the place to go if you are an alcoholic. Dinners there cost around 35-40 dollars and most alcoholics I know drive to Richmond and Monty's to buy their booze.

Yes alcoholism is a horrible thing. But the majority of adults who drink are NOT alcoholic. It is up to the alcoholic to get sober and stay sober. I come from a very big family and there are no alcoholics among us.

But really what I would love to know is what I asked before: If Christ chose to make his first miracle to be turning water into wine, then why in the world do some religions ban drinking? Jesus did it after all. What is the deal?
Laddie

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Are you suggesting that logic and reason have something to do with it?
Millicent Bash wrote:
<quoted text>
'
But really what I would love to know is what I asked before: If Christ chose to make his first miracle to be turning water into wine, then why in the world do some religions ban drinking? Jesus did it after all. What is the deal?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Berea Forum right now

Search the Berea Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Jay 139,200
What are you listening to/watching this moment? (Jul '10) 35 min loveaho 17
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr redeemer 25,983
Sheila Hodge Mcmanus 2 hr loveaho 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr ChromiuMan 123,236
Massacre on Bluebird Ave (Sep '11) 9 hr Andy Krogerma 21
Burchwood Homes 15 hr missdontknowitall 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Berea Jobs

•••
•••
•••