dried shucky beans
spuss

Lewisport, KY

#1 Jul 26, 2011
Is there anywhere I can buy shucky beans that have already been dried?

“JuSt A rAnDoM gUy FrOm LoNdOn”

Since: Jul 09

London, KY

#2 Jul 27, 2011
There's a place in Williamsburg that almost always had jars of them. I believe it's called Riverside Produce. Coming from Berea you'd turn left off exit 11 and drive until the road ends. The produce/general store/deli is at the 3 way where the road ends. I'm sure there's somewhere closer to get shuck beans but that's the only place I know of.
Sigh

Norman Park, GA

#3 Jul 27, 2011
Try the Amish store near WalMart. They have a lot of bulk items.
what

Pikeville, KY

#4 Jul 27, 2011
maybe farmer,s market
ROX

Lexington, KY

#5 Jul 27, 2011
Find fresh green beans and dry your own. It can be done on screens or even unbleached muslin. Been done for well over two hundred years. Once dryed, put them in a zip-lock bag and toss them in the freezer. Then in January or Feburary, rehidrate them in a pot with a ham bone (possibly left over from Thanksgigiving) add canned tomatos and cornbread and fried corn for a fantastic meal in the winter!

“JuSt A rAnDoM gUy FrOm LoNdOn”

Since: Jul 09

London, KY

#6 Jul 27, 2011
ROX wrote:
Find fresh green beans and dry your own. It can be done on screens or even unbleached muslin. Been done for well over two hundred years. Once dryed, put them in a zip-lock bag and toss them in the freezer. Then in January or Feburary, rehidrate them in a pot with a ham bone (possibly left over from Thanksgigiving) add canned tomatos and cornbread and fried corn for a fantastic meal in the winter!
My parents always strung them up. Like popcorn for a Christmas tree. Then hang them on the porch or throughout the house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min Strel 151,963
John Lunsford 4 min EWW 1
Thieves 1 hr Goofy 12
Shonna Bailey 1 hr Looking 3
Sturgill Estate :Re Deputy P. Sturgill 3 hr Sturgill Beneficiary 1
any sugar daddies need a sugar baby 7 hr ky47m 8
Lawn mowing 15 hr Teresa 10

Berea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berea Mortgages